Author Topic: New to game, Not to flying  (Read 453 times)

Offline BlkWing

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/Master_Toogie
New to game, Not to flying
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:36:58 AM »
Hi All

I've started playing AH2 about 2 or 3 weeks ago. So far I love the game, it very realistic and most of the people I’ve talked to have been friendly and help full.

It’s been a few years now, but I was a student pilot and have logged a good amount of hours of actual flight time. I didn’t continue because of lack of funds.

I’ve been finding that the stuff I’ve learned in the past really do work in the game. It also saved me a lot of time learning to land and takeoff. I’ve been going thru the training information that’s offered here and finding most of it to be a review. I’m still working on reading it all though.

What I would like to know from the more experience players is, what advice would you give someone like me? Someone that knows a little bit, but not enough.
:)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:39:42 AM »
get with the trainers !!! They are a great resource of information. They will help you from setting up your stick and views, to setting up bogies for the kill !

Welcome to Aces High !

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:18:51 PM »
You're starting off, so find what you like to fly, and fly it. There are some exceptions to this, but try having some fun before you try to master anything. Expect to get shot down. Often. It's part of the learning curve.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 02:51:08 PM »
Welcome to the addiction.  The Training Arena (TA) is great you can hookup with a trainer and get some ACM & SA training.  Also, you can look to wingup he helps to fly with a wingman.   Also check out some of the Squads.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 03:45:35 PM »
Hello BlkWing. I have a feeling you'll be fine in the ACe High Enviorment. You are one of the few new people who actually went to the TA first rather than the MA and ask "How do you fly?"

Just like Krusty said, Find a plane you like and fly it. Just fly it around in the TA doing stunt, barrel rolls, tight and easy turns. Get to know where its limits are, what advantages it has and what are its disadvantages are. I flew the spit 16 in the TA for 3-4 months this way and really learned alot about it.

If you ever see WideWing in the TA ask him for help he knows alot.

Welcome to Aces High 2. The game with the most HO's :D

Offline BlkWing

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/Master_Toogie
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:00:49 PM »
Thank you all, I have been spending alot of time in the TA right now. I've also played around in the MA at first. I've learned quickly though that if i want to be more than an easy target i have to do the training first. I'll take all the advice i've gotten so far and whatever advice anyone else wants to give me.

Thanks again.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 03:22:37 PM »
You mean you didn't focus on Air Combat Manueveurs in the Cessna 150?  What kind of CFI did you have?:)

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 04:45:27 PM »
I can't emphasie the importance of the Training Arena.

The MA is not the most conductive learning environment. Yes I know there are a few die hards out there who dove right into the MA and were able to thrive but those pilots are few.

Many pilots jump into the game and go right into the MA, then get slaughtered over and over again. They never learn why they're getting slaughtered and eventually quit in frustration.

In the training room if you get shot you can immediatly stop and figure out what went wrong. Instead of going down in flames wondering what the hell just happened. In the TA you can quickly set up again, and get shot a second third 4th 5th or however many more times in a row it takes to fix the mistake.

Practicing in the TA is good for both pure beginers and more advanced basic students and intermediate players. When you fight another nooby you both have time to learn together. You can make a mistake that the other guy might not see and recover enough to come back around. Reason this is important as well is to keep your confidence up. Air combat like a lot of combat forms requires a certain mindset of confidence. Without that confidence you'll be too timid and won't be able to engage properly.

In the TA you can build your skills against an ever increasing level of opponent's. Getting killed in the first 5 seconds of an engagement doesn't do you much good.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 08:47:54 PM »
We all become Aces of Aces High sooner or later, your time will come. Just keep training, studying, and learning maneuvers and you'll become a feared pilot.