Author Topic: Video to iPod  (Read 111 times)

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Video to iPod
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:50:44 PM »
So, I am a few years behind, but I just bought an iPod. I've been attempting to add video's / movies to it but so far have failed. I'm not quite sure how to convert the file, nor what to convert the file to, to get it to play on the iPod. Also there was an issue about having to resize the file? Anyone tell me how to do this can either respond here or email me. Email is in my sig, thanks!

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Video to iPod
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:09:22 PM »
Go to a site like http://stage6.divx.com/  to get vids in DivX format.  Also, dowload a DivX player for your system somewhere to view your downloads.  

There are conversion programs out there like Freez and such.  Do a search for "DivX iPod MP4 converter" to find others that are free to use or try (Freeware and Shareware).  There are also high end DivX converter programs you can buy to do a more professional job.

Follow the directions for the particular program.
Convert the DivX files to MP4 format.  Just try 1 at a time until you get a result you like for your iPod.  You usually need to select the video bitrate and audio bitrate you want, and you want stereo (some default to mono).   End product for most music videos for my iPod and iTunes are around 30MB more or less.

I've added almost a hundred music videos to my library for iTunes and iPod this way at no cost.