Author Topic: My nickname :)  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
My nickname :)
« on: February 10, 2000, 07:23:00 PM »
heya folks,

I just wanted to clear up the pronounciation (sp?) of my handle. When I first used it on WB, it was because Urdead was more than the 4 letters allowed. So the next logical name to me was udie pronounced you die.  

Well being the bunch of illiterate bastiges that the avg. WB player was everybody pronounced it ooodeeee.  This agrivated me for the longest time until con 97.  After the con, I started calling myself that. I felt that a nickname is better when given to you by your friends. So ooodee it is  

Although now the avg IQ of and AH player is much higher  than that of the old WB pilot, somewhere I'd guess around 15 or so <G>  now everybody says youdie.  The correct pronounciation for my handle is now ooodeee  

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter....

udie  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2000, 08:31:00 PM »
 So it's not the sound the Penguin makes on the beer advert on tv?  

Offline Vila

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flyingpigs.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2000, 11:20:00 PM »
Damn!  All this time I thought it was "youdeee"

<g,d,r>

Vila

funked

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2000, 11:49:00 PM »
Udie, you realize of course that a significant percentage of us who called you "oooooodie" were quite aware of the correct pronunciation but found "oooooodie" much more entertaining.  

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2000, 05:48:00 AM »
udie, are You WB's JG-3 udie ?
If so, greetings !
If not, greetings !

------------------
"Lentolaivue 21"
Flying for Bishops.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2000, 06:26:00 AM »
Funked,

That's why it's ooodeee now  

Janneh,

Is there another udie in WB now?  LoL I wonder how many people think it's me....

udie

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2000, 07:30:00 AM »
Hell,  even in Fighter Duel you were fd-oooooooodie  

------------------

Bartlomiej Rajewski
S/L fd-ski Sq. 303 (Polish) "Kosciuszko" RAF
   www.raf303.org  

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2000, 07:44:00 AM »
Sorry, but ever since our days together in the 9th AF in Fortress Germany, I thought it was pronounced "you-dee". Thus it shall remain forever and for all eternity. I'm too old to learn a new pronunciation.

------------------
banana
**MOL** (Men of Leisure)

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2000, 07:48:00 AM »
Thats funny cause when I flew in Flying Circus Beta I used Udi for a while and alot of people would call me "You Die" when I called it "oodee".

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals

"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2000, 03:36:00 PM »
hehe oodee, those days I chalked up that  handle to you being German. I actually like it better than "you die"

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2000, 04:59:00 PM »
He always has been and always will be oooodeeee I remember that CON97 He was getting more and more upset the more we called him that hehehehehe was more fun to watch him than play. Udie you were the one that fried his keyboard with a generous helping of beer right?

LLBM OUT!!!!!!!

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2000, 06:13:00 PM »
heheheh that was a blast at con97, and I wasn't realy pissed    But it was not me who fried the keyboard w/ beer.

udie

Lady Hawke

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2000, 10:01:00 PM »
Hehe...my CO from that other sim was Lightning...4 char id litn.  Used to call him litten all the time and those dyslexics (sp?) out there used to turn it into lint  

Ooodddeee, glad to see ya over in AH, next time I'll try and fly against ya so that you can find out where I am and shoot me down just like old times  

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2000, 11:03:00 PM »
hehehehe lady hawke, I'll never forget walking up to him at con97 registration.  I said "LITTEN! Nice to meet you!"  He said "It's Lightning Ooodie"  

And ofcourse I'd be on AH. You guys are my friends    plus the added bonus is the fact that it's a kick arse game   And I do feel bad now about all those time I picked on you just because you shot me down those 2 times hehe  

udieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

6gun

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2000, 11:50:00 PM »
Please do NOT belive udee on this.  He is trying to assume an alias name.  He told me that. Sorry bud, but I am going to rat you out on this one  

It is pronounced you-dee... with long slow Texas drawls on both sylables  

Now that is cleared up.  BTW uuudeee, I got my HOTAS stuff fixed.  Hope yall did good in the FW's last nite  

6gun