Author Topic: JG11 Recruiting  (Read 193925 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: JG11 Recruiting
« Reply #675 on: April 13, 2010, 09:46:12 AM »
Elements of Stab/JG11, Stab/JG301, und  1./JG7 Nowotny in action during the recent Aces High Scenario Event "The Final Battle".

Fly Aces High.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #676 on: April 13, 2010, 10:04:11 AM »
Would I have to renounce my current LW squad? What is the time committment Tuesdays?

Could I learn how to ho on 4 passes in a row like SycoDon? Kidding... I already know how to do that but have learned that it's generally NOT a good idea. Why? I look at it logically. There are two possibilities in encountering an enemy pilot on a ho.

1. he's better than I am - in which case, odds are good that he'll go for separation instead of guns
2. he's worse than I am - in which case, he'll come in blazing

In the second case, I have zero incentive to engage in the ho since I can probably kill the guy. In th efirst case,  Iwon't have the opportunity.

Seriously, I ask because I don't want to renounce my squad, which is also LW but is only really a loose organization of pilots. At the same time, i'd like the opportunity to train and fly with what is perhaps a more disciplined group.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #677 on: April 13, 2010, 10:12:12 AM »
Would I have to renounce my current LW squad? What is the time committment Tuesdays?

Could I learn how to ho on 4 passes in a row like SycoDon? Kidding... I already know how to do that but have learned that it's generally NOT a good idea. Why? I look at it logically. There are two possibilities in encountering an enemy pilot on a ho.

1. he's better than I am - in which case, odds are good that he'll go for separation instead of guns
2. he's worse than I am - in which case, he'll come in blazing

In the second case, I have zero incentive to engage in the ho since I can probably kill the guy. In th efirst case,  Iwon't have the opportunity.

Seriously, I ask because I don't want to renounce my squad, which is also LW but is only really a loose organization of pilots. At the same time, i'd like the opportunity to train and fly with what is perhaps a more disciplined group.

Who? What? Where?

:confused:

May I suggest, The Rock'nRoll sqaud!  :rock

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,280305.0.html

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #678 on: April 13, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
Who? What? Where?

:confused:

May I suggest, The Rock'nRoll sqaud!  :rock

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,280305.0.html

Ha, ha. You know how to hurt. Honestly, I'm not shooting for Rock Star. The whole thing looks abhorrent to me - like some early-80's Transformer kids playing "planes".  My "squad" is a squad only in the loosest of senses. We fly together in FSO and sometimes in the MAs but are organized something like little to none. That's not to say there isn't talent and experience there.

I can take a "yes, you have to renounce". I just want to know if it's a requirement.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #679 on: April 13, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
To learn the art to the tater, one must reach from the soul, not the grocery store.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #680 on: April 13, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »
To learn the art to the tater, one must reach from the soul, not the grocery store.

Don't think this escapes me. I recognize that my request must look very practical and mundane - taking into consideration the hows rather than the whys. The art of the tater is the aluminum falconry of the experten. I thought its attraction implicit - and am almost embarassed to mention it.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #681 on: April 13, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »
Ha!

It's the only thing that I can hit anything with      :rofl

I can't shoot straight.

Taters don't fly straight.

But somehow, those two attributes combined with a few beers, cancel each other out  :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #682 on: April 13, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
Ha, ha. You know how to hurt. Honestly, I'm not shooting for Rock Star. The whole thing looks abhorrent to me - like some early-80's Transformer kids playing "planes".  My "squad" is a squad only in the loosest of senses. We fly together in FSO and sometimes in the MAs but are organized something like little to none. That's not to say there isn't talent and experience there.

I can take a "yes, you have to renounce". I just want to know if it's a requirement.

I am trying to understand your requests here.  If you are asking if you need to withdrawl from your squadron, in order to fly and train with JG11, I would recommend against doing that.  

Also, Tuesday's as you seem to know is squad night for the 11th, and it's not the best time for quests, in fact we operate with the roster and pre arranged additions only.  

However there is nothing stopping you from finding the guys in the arena some night and tagging along.   Better yet, look up Morfiend, who is both a member of the squad, and an AH Trainer, and could certainly assist you, as could any of the trainers in the TA.

All the Best.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline VonKost

• Copper Member
« Reply #683 on: April 17, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »
I'm a returning player looking to try something new. I've not flown much Luftwaffe but would like to join up and have some fun.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #684 on: April 17, 2010, 02:31:25 PM »
I'm a returning player looking to try something new. I've not flown much Luftwaffe but would like to join up and have some fun.

See you in the sky's soon  :salute
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #685 on: April 18, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
JG11 warmly welcomes 'VonKost' into the Geschwader.  :rock
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #686 on: April 18, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »

Edit: Fixed! :neener:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 09:09:06 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #687 on: April 18, 2010, 08:19:43 PM »
Nice picture, but you forgot the d in Jagd!  ;)

:rock

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #688 on: April 20, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »
JG11 warmly welcomes 'Ace509' into the Geschwader.   :rock
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member