Author Topic: DA  (Read 211 times)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
DA
« on: August 22, 2007, 08:13:52 PM »
Ok guys, so I have decided to bite the bullet and go into the DA to learn.  Yep you heard right.  As of now, when I get into a 1v1 in the MA and I dodge the HO on the merge all I do is immelman with the other guy and then usually have to break as he gains angles and I get shot (if I don't run away first).  Not only is this not fun for me, I doubt the other guy likes to see me run away.  So I am hoping that spending some time in the DA will teach me how to choose certain maneuvers in certain situations (yes I know it's all relative).  I fully expect to get shot down every single time for the most part, and frankly if I don't I would think it was a little strange.

My question to you is, what are some of the quick tips I should know concerning the DA?  Can I up my plane that I usually fly (typhoon/tempest) and then when I find someone ask them if they want to fight and at what altitude the merge will be at?  Or do I have to find someone and then get all of that set up before we take off?  Is it same plane same fuel load out 100% of the time, or do guys frequently duel in what ever plane/settings they want?

I am not really sure what times I will be able to get on and be able to duel as I am right now in between Homework and starting college applications, so setting up a time probably won't work.  It would basically be when I drop in or whenever I get on.  So thanks anyways for anybody willing to try to make a date.

Basically I am just really hoping to have someone that will eat me alive and then when that particular fight is over they give me a play by play.  You did this, so I countered with this.  When that happened or it got to this point I rapped you.  I believe that this would really help me out, especially when I get into the situations in the MA where I lose the advantage (god forbide  :lol )and I am forced into a fight, or when someone has the advantage over me, or its coE coAlt.  

Are most of the people in the DA like that and willing to go over and spend some time?  I would think it would be.

Anyways, thanks for any responses.

-Donkey
2sBlind

Offline KrazyIvn

• Zinc Member
DA
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 09:04:59 PM »
I'm not a expert by any means but I know the DA has a 1 to 1 fuel burn ratio ad the MA 2 to 1...

So what ever your use to in th MA will double in time in the DA

also fly fields that have a lower alttitude to maximize your performance in the Tempest...it may seem like your hugging the ground in some maps and you could be, but your pressure altitude is like flying in Himilayas at 10 to 15 K

See ya out there