Author Topic: Why no J model?  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Why no J model?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 08:08:59 PM »
Originally posted by pluck
Don't see the problem.  Many fly this game because they enjoy the opportunity to fly virtual WW2 aircraft.  By the train of thought that certain aircraft should not be created because they are "not as good" as later versions seems to defeat the purpose to begin with.

What I'm saying is that the C model will hardly, if ever, be used. For events that are historical it might get some use, but not in the MA. With LA-7s all over the place, at least the J would have given a bomber pilot a fighting chance.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 08:10:37 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I've got more kills with the defensive guns so far than I do with the forward firing. This is a pointless whine.

Are you talking about the H model?
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 08:19:54 PM »
Yes, of course.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »
What is your in game name?
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »
Originally posted by Tango
What I'm saying is that the C model will hardly, if ever, be used. For events that are historical it might get some use, but not in the MA. With LA-7s all over the place, at least the J would have given a bomber pilot a fighting chance.

And what do you think you have in the H that you wouldn't have in a J?

You've got it and then some.

10 forward facing guns and a 75mm cannon.  Tail gunner, waist gunners etc.

Are you whining that you don't have enough firepower?

What would a J give you that the H doesn't?

Could it be that the C and the early strafer version fit a heckuva lot better with snapshots and scenarios?  Could it be that the MA is not the be all end all of Aces High?

Think Rabaul, Bismarck Sea, RAF over the channel in 43-44.   North African campaign was C/Ds.   I hate to break it to ya but WW2 wasn't fought only in the last half of 44 and 45.

You want to have a tail gunner fly the H and quit complaining about HTC looking beyond the MA and thinking of overall use in the game.

And of course Toad's Dad was a B25C/D Strafer pilot.  So get over it.  We want to cover Toad's Dad just once in the right bird :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 09:24:14 PM »
I think the J model would have been better choice as a level bomber since it has the tail gun AND drones.

I'm not complaining about HTC. I came over from WW2OL and know what its like to get screwed around. Just ask  anyone who flew in there. This is a great game but like I said I can't understand why the C model over the J as far as surviability.

The C has 1 set of guns on top which don't cover a low 6 attack. The J has a tail gun AND waist guns that can traverse to low six attacks. Sure we could fly the H model except for one important thing, it doesn't have drones or a bomb sight.  

As for Toads Dad, I don't know who he is.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 09:27:46 PM »
Then take a bloody B-26B and get 1) more guns 2) more speed 3) more bombs.

We didn't need a bomber that filled exactly the same time and role as the B-26B, but a little worse.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 09:31:02 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Then take a bloody B-26B and get 1) more guns 2) more speed 3) more bombs.

We didn't need a bomber that filled exactly the same time and role as the B-26B, but a little worse.

Maybe you should look at what you posted again.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 10:04:44 PM »
So, any plane that isn't regularly used in the LW arenas has no place in the game? Only the best and brightest of the late war monsters should be here?

You are new, aren't you?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 10:22:34 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
And of course Toad's Dad was a B25C/D Strafer pilot.  So get over it.  We want to cover Toad's Dad just once in the right bird :)
Yep.   We WILL do that too.   :)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 11:49:45 PM »
Foolish man! The -H is a powerhouse of an attack plane! One 75mm and a good short squirt of 50cal and you kill a town building PDQ. 21 rounds is a lot of buildings, not even counting multiple buildings down from the bombs!!

The C is even sweeter! The WEP is nice, it climbs damn decent, even up to 20k it felt like it had power to spare (without bombs in the bay, I mean).

The C strafer model got me 2 kills and 3 assists tonight, all fighters, all dogfighting. Before that I got a few GV kills in an H (with bombs) before ripping my own wing off in a dive.

I wanted the J as much as the next man, but by cod the -C is so freaking sweet I don't mind! Hey, who wouldn't want 12x50cals?? But, let's not forget 8x50cals is no drop in the bucket to begin with, shall we?

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 12:35:01 AM »
It is MHO that the B-26 is a far superior level bomber. It is also MHO, following the first (that I'm aware of) B-25 fighter sweep, that the B25 is more like a 110 than a B-26.

I'm happy to get anything new, and would love to see every plane that saw action eventually be added. However, The B-25s we have were not added whimsically, and they will be used in many different ways, both in the MAs and outside of them:

I see no point in complaining. It's more planes, and more options than we had before, and they're fun. What's to be unhappy about? :)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 01:11:11 AM »
Originally posted by ROC
Good thing you didn't waste Your time then, isn't it?

Perhaps it was modeled by people who Wanted to invest their time, good for them, darn fine job on what they Did do.

Imagine if they tried to address every whine, they would never get a thing done.  For every Lack of C model complaint, you get a Pro J, or shoulda been a P39 with the inevitable P39 woulda sucked.

Good thing they just do what they want to do and put Something out.
I honestly cannot comprehend what drives people to complain about such trivial junk, I hope to God I never understand it.

Why don't you just disable all planes in the arenas except the L %ay-7 for all these whiners Roc???  :lol
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »
Why don't you just disable all planes in the arenas except the L %ay-7 for all these whiners Roc???

LOL what's the point?  Then they would just whine that there wasn't anything to whine about!

:D
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 01:35:44 AM »
... giving them something to whine about. The circle is complete. ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++