Author Topic: Highspeed Dives crashing game  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Tachus

• Copper Member
Highspeed Dives crashing game
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 04:15:15 PM »
Has everyone been filming when this has happened?

I'm pretty sure I was. I film pretty much every sortie, but not until I get to the edge of the action. (So I had some long flight times without filming and no CTD, but then get into the action, start filming and then CTD.)
I got up yesterday, and dove a p38j from 14K into the ground and never got a CTD, and I was NOT filming. I didn't have time to do anymore testing, though I will do some tonight.

There is a known bug with these films and the film viewer, I just wonder if it might be a combination of Diving, (or lots of action) and filming that are the cause of our CTD's. If so, then at least I could fly. Right now, almost every time I get in a fight, I get a CTD.

Best regards,
--Tachus

Offline Gumbeau

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 06:16:20 PM »
Tachus you may be on to something.

Both my CTD's were while filming.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 06:31:28 PM »
As I was suspecting something like this, I haven't filmed any sortie today. I have yet to get a CTD... :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 07:08:01 PM »
I film all of my session, from beginning to end, so, yes, I was filming every time.... happened again today, and I wasn't diving fast in a mossie, but there was ack firing everywhere... maybe, Tachus, you're right.

I won't film next time and I'll do what I was doing when I CTDed.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 07:35:01 PM »
nawwww, I film all flights and mines seems ok. Was CTD in dive near lots of ack a bunch of times. I deleted the b25 res file as per a "skuzzy" post on the off chance, and just flew for 2 hours no trouble.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 08:41:21 PM »
yup ive never had issues like this ctd atleast 4 times lastnight
  and now my AH film viewer wont work.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »
If by CTD you guys mean the games shuts off and you get a message saying aceshigh.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, then yes, this has happened to me countless times since the update.  I don't remember each time, but when I am in fights, or diving down on someone, and they happen, is when I remember them most!  I think I had one though today without filming but im not 100 percent sure.  The strange thing is, when it happens to me, and I go to the ac icon to start it again, i keep getting the aceshigh.exe has encountered a problem message, and I have to wait forever before I can play again.  I tried reinstalling the game and restarting my computer, to no avail.

This is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!
2sBlind

Offline Tachus

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 09:21:33 PM »
Originally posted by DoNKeY
If by CTD you guys mean the games shuts off and you get a message saying aceshigh.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, then yes, this has happened to me countless times since the update.  I don't remember each time, but when I am in fights, or diving down on someone, and they happen, is when I remember them most!  I think I had one though today without filming but im not 100 percent sure.  The strange thing is, when it happens to me, and I go to the ac icon to start it again, i keep getting the aceshigh.exe has encountered a problem message, and I have to wait forever before I can play again.  I tried reinstalling the game and restarting my computer, to no avail.

This is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, what I was referring to, was simply a black screen, and then the focus goes back to the desktop. I get the Windows XP message, that asks if you want to send a message to MS. I click no, and the I can restart AH right away and go back in.

BTW, I was in the TA tonight for about 1hour and 20 minutes, without filming, and never had a single crash.

I was in the MA for only a short while, but again, no filming, no CTD.

Best regards,
--Tachus

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 09:34:27 PM »
My 1st CTD in MONTHS came last night:

was in a 262 OTD strafing down a radar at a vbase.  No cons, only 2 auto ack firing.  Not a lot going on.  I was filming at the time.  BOOM.

Black screen of death, then msg "Aces High has encountered an error"

:mad:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 09:46:07 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
nawwww, I film all flights and mines seems ok. Was CTD in dive near lots of ack a bunch of times. I deleted the b25 res file as per a "skuzzy" post on the off chance, and just flew for 2 hours no trouble.

That was the first thing I did, but still CTD after it "AH has encountered".

Also in several crashs there was guaranteed neither any ack nor any B-25 involved - but most probably I was always filming.
Since I stopped filming, no crash.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 11:06:28 PM »
Happened 4 times to me tonight, always in a dive with various planes.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 04:10:22 AM »
Originally posted by ink
yup ive never had issues like this ctd atleast 4 times lastnight
  and now my AH film viewer wont work.

Film Viewer is bugged, check this thread (particularly Sudz's post)

As for the CTDs, I don't know Lusche.... maybe it has something to do with diving and ack, or maybe with heavy planes.... yesterday, after the usual 3 CTDs, I gave up on the Mossie and started flying the K4. I rolled almost 3 hours of film, without any problem.... and I was going fast, and diving and there was ack firing.... :noid

Offline Tachus

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 06:03:32 AM »
Mine were all in the 38, so it's not a "big" plane thing, at least not in my case. And I was always engaged, but not with acks. Once was just attacking a bomber formation and I wasn't even going fast, not much off stall speed.

I guess the only thing I know for sure is, I never had one CTD before the update. :(

Best regards,
--Tachus

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 06:44:51 AM »
Whaddayamean "it's not a "big" plane thing"???? The '38 is a bomber! :D

Joking aside, yes, neither did I have crashes before the 2.11.... :(

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 06:55:33 AM »
I was in a high-speed shallow dive on a base yesterday in my mossie. I took out 2 ack, but just as the shells from my 20mm hit the third one the screen went white and froze. Had to restart the game.