Author Topic: Highspeed Dives crashing game  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
Highspeed Dives crashing game
« on: August 24, 2007, 06:40:40 PM »
twice now, I was diving in at high speed and the game crashed on me.  had film rolling this last time.  I need to check and see if it saved it or what.

EDIT: Film shows up to the point where the game crashed.  Would it help to send it or do  you guys have enough about this issue already.

Also, this time I was in a 109, time before I was in a b25.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 06:45:10 PM by Gaidin »
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline Jaco84

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 06:58:46 PM »
I had this happen to a squadie. Only it happens everytime he straf's something. It started with towns then V bases and now CV's. He has asked HTC about it but they just kept saying it was his system.

Offline Laciner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 07:23:16 PM »
Snap - a few seconds ago, I was diving on a B-24 in my F4U-1, and splat, back to the desktop. The bomber pilot must have thought I had gone mental. I have it on film. The odd thing is that my last recorded speed was 324mph, and I had exceeded this beforehand, although in a gentle dive. When the game crashed, I was going straight down. Perhaps it is something to do with acceleration?

For the record I am using a fresh install of Aces High, which never ever crashed with the previous version of the game; I have flown longer sorties. The only aircraft in the vicinity were two remaining B-24s and a 110; I have "disable other plane skins" turned on.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:29:51 PM by Laciner »

Offline Tachus

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 08:51:58 PM »
I was not diving, but 3 times in about 1 hour and 15min. I went black screen, then got the little, Send Don't Send message window. I have not been playing that long, but I never had a single crash like this until tonight :(

My last flight was at 400yards shooting at a A26, then crash. The other two were also while I was in fights.

All 3 times I was flying a P38-J

--Tachus
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:20:04 PM by Tachus »

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Re: Highspeed Dives crashing game
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 09:05:20 PM »
Just had same thing happen to me.  Was diving @ high speed w/ WEP.....started pulling some G's and poof.  CTD.
I think I might have filmed it also.

Originally posted by Gaidin
twice now, I was diving in at high speed and the game crashed on me.  had film rolling this last time.  I need to check and see if it saved it or what.

EDIT: Film shows up to the point where the game crashed.  Would it help to send it or do  you guys have enough about this issue already.

Also, this time I was in a 109, time before I was in a b25.
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 09:13:51 PM »
Had now about 5-6 seemingly random CTD's in various planes, even with a fresh reinstall. :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tachus

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 09:21:03 PM »
I hope the get it fixed, because I can't play like it is. Just when things start to roll, black screen. :(

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »
Got CTDed last night 3 times, all during dives.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline UNIstrut

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »
Happened to me and Kazaa earlier too, I was folling him up on a con, he went then me straight after.

Offline Snubby

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 01:33:46 PM »
I had 2 crashes, one after the update and one after high res pack download.. both when first starting the game.. I see the tower view for 2 sec.. then solid white screen, then poof nothing.

I havent had any CTDs since but ive had instances where my framerate hit 0 and the game froze.. then went to about 8fps.. then froze again...

which is very odd considering nothing particular was going on and my FR is usually at 60 and may get as low as 50 under the most taxing of conditions (huge furball over large field with smoking hangars and firing ack)..

EDIT: also when in a tower, any tower my FR rate is very low compared to before the update.. mid 20s to around 30. before it was 60.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 10:46:09 PM »
I too, am victim of this.  Random planes, but nearly always after turning with high Gs, diving quickly, or strafing.  But sometimes it's random.  

This has only been happening since I updated.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 04:48:32 AM »
Happened to me a lot of times, too. I have movies of every CTD, but, given the Film bug, they're useless..... :P

I hope they come up with a patch, soon..... it's disturbing to fly to enemy HQ in a Mossie on the deck, pull up, dive back and find yourself staring at Windows message just when you were about to drop your bombs on target...... :p
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 05:27:22 AM »
Kazaa was m,y wingman yesterday and it happened to him twice whilst diving in temp.

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 09:19:59 AM »
All my crashes so far have been diving in with the B-25H and when I get close to a gun that I blow up, or a CV my screen just goes white and game crashes.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline Gumbeau

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 02:16:52 PM »
One CTD strafing with B25

Second CTD attacking B17's with P38L

Film viewer also CTD randomly