Author Topic: 109 Indicator, What Is It?  (Read 376 times)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
109 Indicator, What Is It?
« on: August 26, 2007, 02:46:39 PM »
In a K-4, and I'm guessing other 109's, just to the right of the flap indicator, there is a second indicator just like the flap one.  What is it?  Just wondering as I've seen it maybe go down once before but couldn't reproduce it.

And just so I don't waste another topic, when the above question has been answered, any advice on aiming taters, or does it just come with leading more and lots of practice??

Thanks
donkey
2sBlind

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
Re: 109 Indicator, What Is It?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
Originally posted by DoNKeY
In a K-4, and I'm guessing other 109's, just to the right of the flap indicator, there is a second indicator just like the flap one.  What is it?  Just wondering as I've seen it maybe go down once before but couldn't reproduce it.

And just so I don't waste another topic, when the above question has been answered, any advice on aiming taters, or does it just come with leading more and lots of practice??

Thanks
donkey

1)
Its the elevator trim indicator. If you fly with "combat trim on" you will notice it moves dependent of your speed.

You can adjust it manually with "i" and "k".

The purpose of the elevator trim is to adjust to level flight when joystick is centered.

In a dive the 109 can be impossible to pull up with combat trim enabled - but you can use the manual elevator trim to pull out of the dive.

There is also two horizontal trim indicators for rudders and ailerons.

2)
I can't hit anything with the taters at distance - so my prefered strategy is getting _really_ close before I pull the trigger.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Re: 109 Indicator, What Is It?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 04:23:26 PM »
Originally posted by lengro
1)
Its the elevator trim indicator. If you fly with "combat trim on" you will notice it moves dependent of your speed.

You can adjust it manually with "i" and "k".

The purpose of the elevator trim is to adjust to level flight when joystick is centered.
a note on this? i've noticed that if i fly with combat trim enabled, it seems to "fight" me when ever i get slow into a turn fight....i've also had it almost prevent me from recovering stalls in the 38....... for this reason, i generally leave it off..

In a dive the 109 can be impossible to pull up with combat trim enabled - but you can use the manual elevator trim to pull out of the dive.

There is also two horizontal trim indicators for rudders and ailerons.

2)
I can't hit anything with the taters at distance - so my prefered strategy is getting _really_ close before I pull the trigger.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)