Author Topic: U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2007, 07:38:25 AM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
Why nobody is worried that by owning a drivers license some authority will come and take the right away because they're registered. :rolleyes:
 :lol

That`s a no brainer. Every thing you do concerning driving is taxed and is a money maker both State and Federal. It`s also ongoing....continuous...every day for the most part.
In other words, to make it simple, it`s a money machine and is not threatened, nor will it be.
Government doesn`t like to take a dump in their own Post Toasties.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:51:58 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2007, 07:47:14 AM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
Why nobody is worried that by owning a drivers license some authority will come and take the right away because they're registered.

that happens, you step out of line the man come and take your license away.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2007, 07:55:58 AM »
:huh Your licence is taxed???????
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2007, 08:00:27 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
:huh Your licence is taxed???????

Everything concerning driving is taxed......and heavily. Your auto, highway usage state/federal, fuel, parts, tires, local road/bridge tax. You drive, you pay...out the yahoo.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2007, 08:28:45 AM »
Oh, the fuel. Nothing compared to ours... 2 $ per litre total.....
As for parts I presume that would be VAT?
And roads? Included in the fuel, or individual legs per entrance?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Ocean27

• Zinc Member
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2007, 08:30:32 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Everything concerning driving is taxed......and heavily. Your auto, highway usage state/federal, fuel, parts, tires, local road/bridge tax. You drive, you pay...out the yahoo.

Yeah, and let's not forget those 3000 mile oil changes. :rofl

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2007, 09:24:23 AM »
ripley...  as has been shown..  registration is indeed the first step in confiscation worldwide so far as firearms are concerned.

You CAN own an automobile here in the states with no registration and no license.   You can drive it and race it and do anything you want with it except drive on public roads without any license or registration.

The same for motorcycles... many motorcycles never hit the public streets.

And no.. I don't believe in seatbelt or helmet laws.

Also.. you said that you don't want mental defectives to own firearms... we already have laws against that.

and of course.. there is that little 2nd amendment thing too.

lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »
Originally posted by Ocean27

Yep Beatle, just as prescribed by the new car manufacturer schedule for the one that I purchased.
I`m in Texas dipstick. Course I know you want understand that either.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2007, 09:33:16 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
Oh, the fuel. Nothing compared to ours... 2 $ per litre total.....

Wasn`t discussing fuel price, but the tax envolved. You drive, you pay.

As for parts I presume that would be VAT?

Sales tax.

And roads? Included in the fuel, or individual legs per entrance

Highway road tax and for some of us local/county road/bridge tax.

You drive, you pay. It`s a money machine.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2007, 09:35:32 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
The Chief of Police is not a prince or a constable.  I cannot comment on whether or not he wears perfume.  So, while you continue to be obtuse you also continue to be wrong.
[/b]

The fact remains that the person that has the authority to issue or revoke a permit is appointed, not elected. That person does not have to explain or justify his decision. There are no defined standards for approval. For all intents and purposes, his decision is final.

I think a petty perfumed prince is pretty accurate. I would really dislike having a low-level government appointed functionary having that kind of authority over my Constitutional right.

Bore said (and I quote again):"I'd say he thinks we're "better", because we have the choice (for now at least) to own guns or not, kinda like he wrote."

I've quoted it twice now yet you continue to argue the point.
[/b]

I continue to reply because you miss the point. There's no chest thumping here; it has nothing to do with macho. It's just obvious to the casual observer that having choice, having control of your own affairs is a better situation. It is my opinion that choice is a good thing in just about every area of life. Do you disagree?

The written history IS indeed there....anyone who reads it will see that virtually ALL of my posts were reactionary and not me starting anything.
[/b]

So you're justification for becoming exactly like those you oppose is that they started it first? You got down in the mud with them because they were already there? Time for a smiley: :lol  

Reactionary to precisely the thing you are accusing me of doing with respect to manhood etc....how many times have I been accused of being less than a man because I live in a country that has no guns?
[/b]

That whole concept is so laughable that I amazed you feel the need to reply to such an accusation. Why DO you feel the need to reply?

LOL Comedy gold old chap.  Comedy gold.  You do all these things here...usually aimed at moi when you jump in to defend lazs or whomever after I have entered a discussion to do a similar thing.  Especially now that Beet1e has been banned.
[/b]

Please quote me slagging anyone in this thread. So you've decided to pick up Beet1e's sword and shield and continue the good fight? I'd think that over. Beet was a troll and that about sums it up.

Again, please quote anything you find impolite that I've said in this thread.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2007, 09:42:10 AM »
Well...  I don't think I have ever accused curval of being less of a man because he lives in a place where everyone is phobic about guns...   I think it is less than human tho to deny or conspire to deny others the god given right to defend themselves.

And then there is the fact of the pink shorts and the whole moped thing....

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2007, 09:45:59 AM »
Originally posted by Charon
As BiGBMAW points out it is not a conspiracy. I can link to a wealth of federal and state regulation and cases where licensing and registration moved directly into banning and confiscation.

Or you can look at England & handguns, Australia, Bermuda, Cuba, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Jamaica and a few others.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2007, 09:48:09 AM »
Originally posted by Ocean27

It must be like the Bat Signal; a gun thread summons Beet1e up from the depths of the internet.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2007, 09:50:41 AM »
Originally posted by bustr
Charon,

Here is the reason Angus gives us so much trouble concerning crime in Iceland.

1. Iceland is a homogenious population of caucasian northern european descendant people. Current population aprox: 300,000. More than half living in one major city on the island. The majority of "new and very VIOLENT" crime in the West(US & EU) is from non-caucasian immigration and young males of long time local non-caucasians.

Iceland is very careful about who it allows to take up house keeping on the island.

2. Iceland's population and crime statistics mirror that of the state of Maine who's population is 1.25M with a 96.9% caucasian population. Maine has a lower homicide rate. About 1.5 a year vs. 3 a year in Iceland.

3. Maine's constitution flat out prohibits the infringement of it's citizens right to keep and bare arms.

4. Mixed cultural\race populations have high crime rates. Homogenius populations have low crime rates. As you go south from the state of Maine the crime rates increase as the homogenious population percentage decreases. If you apply a microscope to the states south of Maine you will find those increases in crime rate are found in high population areas. Large cities with diverse non-homogenius populations. You also find a disproportinate number of crime types are commited by noncaucasians against noncaucasians.

Angus, any thoughts on this? I'd wager the rate of firearms ownership in Maine is as high or higher than Iceland.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2007, 09:58:20 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
It must be like the Bat Signal; a gun thread summons Beet1e up from the depths of the internet.

Yep, it`s hilarious, but mostly pathetic.