Author Topic: Offline Wish  (Read 378 times)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Offline Wish
« on: August 30, 2007, 12:19:31 AM »
I would really like to see an option that allows players to choose to let the drones in offline mode be able to have the same FM as the planes do in the MA's.  By this I mean if you shoot the wing off a 38 or 190 circling around, then it will spiral to the ground.  

I think this would be a great learning tool because it lets you see realistically what damage/how much firepower/firing time it takes to put a certain fighter out of action.  

I understand (or atleast this is how I see it to be) that the current FM in Offline is supposed make you learn to blow them up and/or learn to make sure they are really "dead," but I think that my suggestion would be just as valuable.  

And while we are at it (and I understand that even if this is something they will do in the future, its not going to be soon) what about the option of simply changing which planes are circling around overhead.  Know how to take out that   24? great, now switch it with 88's to learn there weak spots, which, when combined with the above suggestion I think would be very valuable to new and veteran players alike.

One last think I would like to see, is maybe the ability to chart a basic flight plan for one or more of the drones.  Kind like the CV but 3 dimensional if it could work out.  Just a series of loops, flat turns, yo-yo's, etc.  I believe that this, if implemented, would greatly fine-tune my sense of how much to lead, and would allow me to work on snapshots, etc.  Want to practice some BnZ tactics?  Just simply chart the guy doing some high yo-yo's, flat turns, etc.  I know the timing would be off, but its better than just having them fly in a circle over and over and over again.  Same goes with TnB.  And "knowing" where they are going to be shouldn't be a problem either.  Work it our right, and you would forget what move they will make next.  You could even have certian buttons when you're planning the drones flight, like a flat turn button, etc, which would make the drone turn with the most deg/sec that it can, although I think that might be a little to much to hope for lol.  

Anyway, what do you guys think of this?

Thanks for reading,
donkey
2sBlind

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
Re: Offline Wish
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 02:13:43 AM »
Originally posted by DoNKeY
I would really like to see an option that allows players to choose to let the drones in offline mode be able to have the same FM as the planes do in the MA's.  By this I mean if you shoot the wing off a 38 or 190 circling around, then it will spiral to the ground.  

I think this would be a great learning tool because it lets you see realistically what damage/how much firepower/firing time it takes to put a certain fighter out of action.  

I understand (or atleast this is how I see it to be) that the current FM in Offline is supposed make you learn to blow them up and/or learn to make sure they are really "dead," but I think that my suggestion would be just as valuable.  

And while we are at it (and I understand that even if this is something they will do in the future, its not going to be soon) what about the option of simply changing which planes are circling around overhead.  Know how to take out that   24? great, now switch it with 88's to learn there weak spots, which, when combined with the above suggestion I think would be very valuable to new and veteran players alike.

One last think I would like to see, is maybe the ability to chart a basic flight plan for one or more of the drones.  Kind like the CV but 3 dimensional if it could work out.  Just a series of loops, flat turns, yo-yo's, etc.  I believe that this, if implemented, would greatly fine-tune my sense of how much to lead, and would allow me to work on snapshots, etc.  Want to practice some BnZ tactics?  Just simply chart the guy doing some high yo-yo's, flat turns, etc.  I know the timing would be off, but its better than just having them fly in a circle over and over and over again.  Same goes with TnB.  And "knowing" where they are going to be shouldn't be a problem either.  Work it our right, and you would forget what move they will make next.  You could even have certian buttons when you're planning the drones flight, like a flat turn button, etc, which would make the drone turn with the most deg/sec that it can, although I think that might be a little to much to hope for lol.  

Anyway, what do you guys think of this?

Thanks for reading,
donkey

i love the idea
i play offline once i'm back from "extended vacations" lol to try and get back into the "swing" of stuff, and just flying in a circle at i believe it's 1.5-2k feet isn't all to helpful, yea it helps with lead and flying again but i think your suggestion would make more of a differencce
love it :]
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Offline Wish
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 08:22:34 AM »
Look down a few threads.. i posted the same thing a few days ago, so yes,  i agree.  :aok
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Offline Wish
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »
I think this is one of the best suggestions I've seen in this forum.  Especially the part about plotting out a course so you can work on turns.  I don't know how hard it would be to code in but say you take a plane for a 'plot flight' then, when you switch planes, that one runs the same course over and over until you turn it off.  

So you get my vote :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Offline Wish
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 06:56:32 PM »
Originally posted by Speed55
Look down a few threads.. i posted the same thing a few days ago, so yes,  i agree.  :aok

Whoa my bad, didn't think this was a popular idea so I didn't even bother to check.  Sorry.  I'll delete this if I can figure out how to.
2sBlind