Author Topic: Percentage of atheists in prison  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Hand

• Zinc Member
Percentage of atheists in prison
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »
As a person who retired from the Texas Dept of Criminal Justice, with 20yrs, I might  be able to give some insight on these stats.
     First when being interviewed, most inmates, are asked," What's your religion?"The answers  I remember where "Christian" or "None".Most inmates at this time did not give a crap about the answers that where being given, nor the questions being asked.They wanted to get processed in and see what kind of celly they was gona get.
     I have seen some very good men in prison and some of the worst,to  think you can make a clean cut conclusion from some BS percentage, is just that.And to  think these percentages somehow reflect the actions of a group as a whole in the freeworld, is a sad attempt to  point fingers and say "My groups better than yours."
    Some inmates turn to religion, others to gangs.Whatever it takes to get by.Some combine the two(Muslim, Aryan,etc) get your sermon and marching orders at the same service.I have seen many inmates pick-up a religion in prison and stick with it for yrs, and I 've seen Bibles and Korans in the trash as they are being processed out
     I dont think this thread is really about what the percentages mean, but what do I know?      

Hand:p
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:08:18 PM by Hand »
The Flying Circus
Choose the Difficult Right Over the Easy Wrong