Author Topic: H2H vs. the MA SuperBrawl  (Read 12923 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
H2H vs. the MA SuperBrawl
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »
Originally posted by Tigeress
I have found the team competition in the Little Sky Arena to be extremely enjoyable and fun. I have learned that the best stiks in H2H are MA pilots who enjoy it, and for just cause. I really can't explain it to someone who has not indulged in it. Were it not so enjoyable I would have branched out long before I did to fly in the mega-arenas.

You are spot on there ... I have been an "MA" flyer since day 1, but I really did enjoy the "good" Team Rooms that H2H offered. I have spent a fair amount of time in those types of rooms and have met some real nice people and have run into a few good sticks. It is too bad that some "bad apples" ruined it for the bunch.

I did run into you one night in a Team Room and despite the outcomes of the fights that we had, your attitude was refreshing ... you always sent a <> or a "nice shot" or a "good fight" ... and the best part ... you kept coming back for more.

That attitude will take you far in the MA ... that type of attitude allows uninhibited learning.

BUT ... MA would pwn H2H ...  :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2007, 10:17:19 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Agreed, especially with H2H's high ego.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
hahahahaha... God Bless You!!! Then I just hijacked the thread, huh?
teehee

Yeah and you're quite good at it! I love the way you hijack threads, without people even noticing it... Great skill, there! :D

KK, I will cease and desist... I should probably resist posting in the forum and add the time I spend doing it to further my survival skills in the Big Sky populated by them Big Bad Boys! ;) :rofl :noid

No, please, stay on the BBS! We already have too many arse kicking muppets around! :D

I love to fly but the only game I have ever actually enjoyed in the past on a computer is solitaire... until now. Who'da thunk it?

TIGERESS

If you love flying, you can't but love Aces High. I think I didn't tell you before... welcome in the big sky! :)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2007, 11:45:53 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
Yeah and you're quite good at it! I love the way you hijack threads, without people even noticing it... Great skill, there! :D...

Please note he at one time was the official hijacker of BB threads.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2007, 06:07:07 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
You are spot on there ... I have been an "MA" flyer since day 1, but I really did enjoy the "good" Team Rooms that H2H offered. I have spent a fair amount of time in those types of rooms and have met some real nice people and have run into a few good sticks. It is too bad that some "bad apples" ruined it for the bunch.

I did run into you one night in a Team Room and despite the outcomes of the fights that we had, your attitude was refreshing ... you always sent a <> or a "nice shot" or a "good fight" ... and the best part ... you kept coming back for more.

That attitude will take you far in the MA ... that type of attitude allows uninhibited learning.

Hiya SlapShot!

I remember you! Good Stik!

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I fly because I love to fly and this is challanging and interesting and fun! Most of all, I love the comradery... I don't want to ruin anyone's day but I do work at  constant imporvement and it is gratifying each time I learn something new or improve my flying and combat skills.

I am proceeding through the acclimation process of fighting in the MA.
I intend to be the best I can be at this.

But, if/when the Little Sky is turned on again, lets head over to it once in a while and kick some Bish butt! :aok :rofl  Wooo Hooo! :D

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 07:18:44 AM by Tigeress »

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2007, 06:17:01 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
Yeah and you're quite good at it! I love the way you hijack threads, without people even noticing it... Great skill, there! :D

Who? meeeee??? hahahahahahahaaaaaa uhhhh... I don't think of it as hijacking a thread; I think of it as making a thread better! teehee :rofl

No, please, stay on the BBS! We already have too many arse kicking muppets around! :D

KK, but I have to bring back fresh kills daily... the boys in the squad constantly snack on their own kills but get hungry for my cooking!
Yummm! Chicken Fried P-47 with a side of poached LA topped with a FlakGun garnish! wooo HOOO! :rofl

If you love flying, you can't but love Aces High. I think I didn't tell you before... welcome in the big sky! :)

Thank you, Sir! You make me feel most welcome!

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 07:12:34 AM by Tigeress »

Offline bwaachuy

• Zinc Member
I would agree - but apples v. oranges
« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »
I agree with wmlute.  I am blown away how good these MA vets are, regardless of vehicle, plane, ship.... skills are far superior.

But I enjoyed the limited, far smaller maps, # of players and the 'regulars' regardless of skill - I had more fun h2h than I do ma.  I admit - I stink.  I was pretty rookie in h2h - far outclassed in ma logically.  But h2h had its following because we were medium sized fish in a small pond. In MA, I'm a microbe in a big ocean.

Offline E2hawkeye

• Zinc Member
« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2007, 11:49:30 PM »
Originally posted by Redlegs
H2H list

off the top off my head

WES14!!
me
Tigeress
Denholm
80Grit
Pannono
J312
Sabre31
Sabre676
MerlinVI
HGPappy
Venom56
the infamous Bearing3
SF and HG squads (someone fill in names)

add some good fighters you know... these are just the ones I know
one person that im suprised hasint been out here posting  is J312/my niece said he hosted "the greatest h2h fightnight arena"out there and the group of regulars were some of the coolist people she had met
 if all the arena H2H were ran az J312s rooms there wouldint have been a reason to close them all down  i realize that there are  alot morepeople that were good hosts (( salute them all )  my point is there was a community of friends there that cant be made  exact in the  M A but  it can be made though  because the same people can form up a squad 101 H2Hfree loaders and be a damn good squad no joke i would like to see more of them cross the bridge / 4  the love of the fight:aok by now the all ammo curse is broken/ they are no lesser pilots than MA fighters or is it the 15 bucks that decides whos good or bad  at the game???{Light bulb lights up then burns out n all the moths sigh then hang their heads in dissapointment}:rofl

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2007, 07:25:16 AM »
Originally posted by E2hawkeye
they are no lesser pilots than MA fighters or is it the 15 bucks that decides whos good or bad  at the game???
No, but those 15 bucks grant access to the DA an TA and thousands of players that can help you. H2H has a few good sticks that if you're lucky, you'll bump into once or twice. Paying you have a set of vets who've been playing for years just waiting to help in the TA as trainers. And also other vets who will volunteer their time.

It's like was said earlier(and not trying to be insulting), the H2H rooms are small ponds full of smaller fish. The pay arenas are the ocean where the big fish are.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
MA, The land of Ownage
« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2007, 08:21:19 AM »
Originally posted by Xargos
The H2H players are too use to being able to see from outside their planes.  Also, they're not use to having to save their ammo and making every shot count. I doubt they love AH so much they would spend time reading things by Robert L. Shaw or Johan Kylander.  So do I really need to say who I think would win?

Hiya Xargos,

I started scouring the net for ACM information and different aircraft performances and comparisions starting when I first came to AH and have learned what I have learned from what I have studied and put into practice.

I will order Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering by Robert L. Shaw and In Pursuit: A Pilot's Guide to Online Air Combat by Johan Kylander. It's a $40 (plus shipping) investment of money but I think it's worth it.

On external view and massive ammo loadouts, I agree with you on this with regards to many, but not all, in h2h. I allowed extended ammo and external views because many would not fly in the arena otherwise. I would have perferred internal only and realistic ammo.

I am guilty as charged with regards to external view. It was a serious mistake and I should have never allowed myself to get sucked into using it. My bad. I admit it and am now suffering for it. But suffering is good for the soul... I am still adjusting to internal but am also making and landing kills in the MA against MA pilots.

I am seeing steady improvement in that regards. I also started flying a new plane that frankly, I am not yet ready to fly. I need to finish internal view acclimation first; too many variables to handle at once.  Setting up and adjusting and saving head positions when looking from different angles helps a lot.

After a short while flying in h2h I found that using the cockpit view was a serious limitation due to shots that, typically, can only be made using external view... such as extreme deflection shots with wings heavily G-loaded where the bandit's lift vector is 90 degrees from the attacker's lift vector and the range was around D300 at the closest point of convergence.

There are useful things to be learned flying external view when learning about bullet deflection when G-loaded so that one can predict bullet deflection when flying internal view.

Also, there were a high percentage in h2h, but not all, who were playing an arcade game... not real flying and not real ACM. Those that did that who were not newbies were easily defeated inspite of how long they had been flying in AH. There are MA pilots who don't know what ACM stands for and can't read an EM chart or even know what EM stands for.

This doesn't apply to everyone who flew in h2h and there were many MA pilots who also flew in h2h who were fully up to speed and cleaned house whenever they flew there. I came up against many of them.

It was with them I gained the most valuable experience.

On the unlimited ammo... it was quite obvious who the sprayers-n-prayers were... just as it is obvious in the MA. I worked hard to keep as good a ratio as possible on minimal bullets per kill. I wasn't the only one with this goal.

It's difficult to generalize about h2h or MA without running into exceptions.

Today, there is no h2h, that is history...

The only baby seals to be found in AH are MA pilots.
The only Aces to be found in AH are MA pilots.
Every pilot flying in AH is an MA pilot.

I am open to fly in the DA with any Ace... the better they are the more I want to fly one on one with them. PM me to set up a date and time and come shoot me down!

But I will record it and learn from it if I get owned. I wont brag about it if I should own and will delete the film once I understand what happened.

I am not concerned with ownage; I am concerned with getting better and better and better.

TIGERESS

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: MA, The land of Ownage
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2007, 08:41:21 AM »

I will order Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering by Robert L. Shaw and In Pursuit: A Pilot's Guide to Online Air Combat by Johan Kylander. It's a $40 (plus shipping) investment of money but I think it's worth it.

Tigeress, don't spend so much. You can get it used, in excellent condition, here  for much less than that.

I have used Alibris many times, especially hunting for out of print and rare books.

Stop by the TA any evening from Tuesday thru Thursday and I'll help you sharpen you MA skills. We often organize 3 on 1 and 4 on 2 events for Thursday evening.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline E2hawkeye

• Zinc Member
now das what im saying
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2007, 08:55:36 AM »
well said miss T ( i always said h2h tought some bad habbits) never the less theres been enough time pass now where  curse has broken and  the bad habbits can be useful training aids  i believe that every thing we do out here is a well spent day of learning/ and uhm  any one has ever fought  with miss Tigeress can tell you not every fish in the h2h puddle is a bata nore were they all squeekers  i spent a very short time in h2h but my neice loved it    hopfully they re 4 mat it "paid" and return with the "littleponds" i confess i hosted 'twilight zone"& abandon all hope ye who enter whiners an crybabys not enter " with some strange setting for fun play so im sure  complaints were called in:lol  what ever happend to j312 ??

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
Re: Re: MA, The land of Ownage
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2007, 09:21:18 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Tigeress, don't spend so much. You can get it used, in excellent condition, here  for much less than that.

I have used Alibris many times, especially hunting for out of print and rare books.

Stop by the TA any evening from Tuesday thru Thursday and I'll help you sharpen you MA skills. We often organize 3 on 1 and 4 on 2 events for Thursday evening.

My regards,

Widewing

Hiya Widewing,

Thank you for that tip on Alibris. I love a good bargain if it from a trusted source I am ordering from!

Ya know? I have never set foot in the TA... not sure why... but I will accept your invitation!

Thank you, Sir!

TIGERESS
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 09:24:02 AM by Tigeress »

Offline Tigeress

• Silver Member
Re: now das what im saying
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2007, 10:01:20 AM »
Originally posted by E2hawkeye
well said miss T ( i always said h2h tought some bad habbits) never the less theres been enough time pass now where  curse has broken and  the bad habbits can be useful training aids  i believe that every thing we do out here is a well spent day of learning/ and uhm  any one has ever fought  with miss Tigeress can tell you not every fish in the h2h puddle is a bata nore were they all squeekers  i spent a very short time in h2h but my neice loved it    hopfully they re 4 mat it "paid" and return with the "littleponds" i confess i hosted 'twilight zone"& abandon all hope ye who enter whiners an crybabys not enter " with some strange setting for fun play so im sure  complaints were called in:lol  what ever happend to j312 ??

Hiya Hawkeye,

Thank you very much for your generous and kind words.

I don't believe I ever met j312. It was quite rare for me to fly in any arena other than the arena of a local friend or my own.

Sounds like you are having fun!!!

TIGERESS

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2007, 10:43:28 AM »
Stall limiter would have to be turned off, which would make every H2H guy snapstall and spin squeaking all the way into the turf.

;)