Author Topic: La-7  (Read 1933 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
La-7
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »
So far this unbeatable airplane that every newbe can fly and be an instant ace in it has 7,269 kills and 5,631 deaths.  Most kills are the 50run and the lala.  Most deaths P50run and the lala :rofl

If it only was US made I would have to go find a second job to keep me busy at work instead of reading the BBS.:rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
La-7
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 04:33:10 PM »
Doens't matter what you fly, good tactics and someone who can shoot will defeat skill every time.  

I think I'll up an La 7 tonight if ENY permits.  I sure didn't make anyone cry last night! :aok
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline CAFghost

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fly-ol-o-gy.com
La-7
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 04:45:49 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Once again way too many players  worrying about what other players do fly and for what reasons.
Even more funny are the ones coming up with excuses like "Normally I wouldn't fly it but..."

It's your $15. Fly what you like. When you like. Where you like.

There are no dweeb planes. Just dweebs telling everyone else what to fly.

You're a class-act my friend. You have my utmost respect.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
La-7
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 04:53:37 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
LA's are the ghayest plane in the game.I can understand noobs flying then but people playing for years flying then,have then not learned any skill besides run?La's are good for uping at a caped base,other then that they are dweebie.Even a 1v1 if the la driver is on your 6 and you reverse on him he runs like a school girl.

Alteast i can give some credit to the to the spit's at least people in the spits fight.They think they will win because of their UBER turn rate.LA's are just ghay.

People cry about the LA all the time because it is fast as hell,UBER gun's,Can keep up with a temp on the deck,ok turn rate...the LA5 turn rate it better thow.Even if the LA was a 5perk plane it would change alot.People may stop trying to ho as much but they would run more so they could not lose their perkies.

just my
$.02

How can you tell the diffence between a male and female La-7 ? ... I have looked all over my La-7 and can't find any noticeable difference. With that, has anybody ever seen female La-7s only hanging around with female La-7s ? ... or male La-7s only hanging around with male La-7 ? ... if not, then how could one call them ghey ?

It was probably 3 years ago the La-7 waaa waaa drone was still as loud as it is now, so I decided to make the La-7 my primary ride ... for 6 months I believe.

Now, I occasionally fly it and when I do ... I have a blast. So don't get lulled into the fact that as a flyer of almost 6 years here in Aces High, I will run from you in my La-7 ... you will be in for a BIG surprise.

On the other hand, I fart in the general direction of La-5s and La-7s in my F6F / FM2 ... mainly due to the fact that 99% of those who do fly it ... have no clue how to fly it.

Most who piss and moan about the La-7 are those who are the pickers and runners (Tiffies - Temps - P50runs - run90s - run09s) who get caught with their pants down by an La-7 that has some smash and can't exit as easily as they would like ... and when caught, freeze like a little school girl and offer no fight at all ... not that I would expect a fight from them ... but I can hope.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
La-7
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 05:28:38 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
LA's are the ghayest plane in the game.I can understand noobs flying then but people playing for years flying then,have then not learned any skill besides run?La's are good for uping at a caped base,other then that they are dweebie.Even a 1v1 if the la driver is on your 6 and you reverse on him he runs like a school girl.

Alteast i can give some credit to the to the spit's at least people in the spits fight.They think they will win because of their UBER turn rate.LA's are just ghay.

People that whine about planes are as gay as those players that put "been playing since Tour XXX" in their forum signatures.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
La-7
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
People that whine about planes are as gay as those players that put "been playing since Tour XXX" in their forum signatures.

:o
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
La-7
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
Solution to your problem:

Perk everything faster than a goon
Perk everything that out climbs fully loaded Lancs
Perk anything that out turns B-24's (without losing drones)

I dont know bout that....put her into a shallow chandrell, drop the flaps to full, kick the rudder hard and power up the two outterwing engines and you can turn a whole group of 24s 180 degrees in pretty quick and keep the drones right on your tail ;-)   oh she shakes and shudders....but she'll make that flat turn ;-)    Just dont dip the inboard wing to much.

Softail

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
La-7
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 11:06:42 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Most who piss and moan about the La-7 are those who are the pickers and runners (Tiffies - Temps - P50runs - run90s - run09s) who get caught with their pants down by an La-7 that has some smash and can't exit as easily as they would like ... and when caught, freeze like a little school girl and offer no fight at all ... not that I would expect a fight from them ... but I can hope.

:aok

Slash27- Flying since Tour 18

I love you AKAK

:D

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
La-7
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 11:39:28 PM »
heyhey ponyd-b my favorite DA planes and ma planes. Agreed that lala drivers are 90% of the time hos/run after being reversers but there are some good sticks, same goes for pony pony gets bad rep from newbs who goo oooooohhh pefity1 and roll one, die , and start realizing all they know is to run. 1 plane you forget is the dora, ive only once faught a dora that didnt run:(

ma new guy skill chart
2000:-
           |
            \
             \
               \
                 \
                  \
today:

as you can see my research says new guys are of less quality and or calibour
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
La-7
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 11:53:37 PM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
, ive only once faught a dora that didnt run:(

Vulched him didnt ya?:p

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
La-7
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 01:43:32 AM »
:lol
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
La-7
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 04:01:37 AM »
I few my first LA-7 ever last week.  I wasn't too impressed but then again, I'm not that great of a stick in the La-La's.  Only flew them in the TA once or twice.

I think I just like the satisfaction of landing (or not landing most of the time) in a G-14, a D-40, or a FM2.  

Oh yeah and just this one time, just for Ack-Ack,

Obie303-Flying since Tour 78  :D
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
La-7
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 04:33:24 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

ack-ack

:aok      :rofl :rofl

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
La-7
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2007, 06:41:38 AM »
If people won't fight you, fly a different plane.  Nobody runs from a P40 ... :D

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
La-7
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 08:54:28 AM »
Originally posted by Ghastly
If people won't fight you, fly a different plane.  Nobody runs from a P40 ... :D

Wana bet? :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.