Author Topic: Disband the Knights  (Read 3997 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
You should be embarrassed that you are embarrassed to fly one of those planes.  You probably are, aren't you?  You know that you would not last any longer in those but then the excuse would be gone.

So, what do I do?  I get in a P40 and get BnZed for days it seems by 190s and 51s until someone connects on a HO shot.  I get in a lala so I can force people to fight and I am a dweeb.  Could you please select the right plane for me sir and let me know what I should be flying so I could get your respect?

You know as well as I do that guys in LA's aren't forcing anyone to fight. This is the 5 steps of the typical LA7 fight.

1) LA tries for HO on first pass

2) LA turns once or twice keeps trying to get a HO shot.

3) Other plane gets on LA's six, La runs away to mommy or base ack which ever is closer.

4) Other plane gives up chasing LA dweeb and finds a real fight.

5) LA dweeb sudenly grows a pair turns around and tries to pick the guy he previously ran away from.

LOL flying a LA to force a fight that's some funny stuff.
"strafing"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 02:55:49 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
You know as well as I do that guys in LA's aren't forcing anyone to fight. This is the 5 steps of the typical LA7 fight.

3) Other plane gets on LA's six, La runs away to mommy or base ack which ever is closer.

4) Other plane gives up chasing LA dweeb and finds a real fight.

5) LA dweeb sudenly grows a pair turns around and tries to pick the guy he previously ran away from.

LOL flying a LA to force a fight that's some funny stuff.

Thats funny, looks like you are describing 110s, 51s, typhis, hurries, nikis, 190s, 190s, 190s, tempests, even 0s will do that in the MA
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2007, 02:59:23 PM »
For a vet to fly those planes on a regular basis, it's like playing playing Pac Man on Novice. So that's all I'm saying if you are a noob sure fly the easy rides, but if you are a good stick, take a challenge and fly something that's a bit harder to fly. Don't be such a dweeb and quit relying on training wheels.

Alternatively, maybe people fly what's fun for them regardless of skill level.  

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2007, 03:02:39 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Alternatively, maybe people fly what's fun for them regardless of skill level.  

-- Todd/Leviathn

Spoken like a true uber-spit-dweeb trying to justify his eze-mode plane. :D

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 03:07:54 PM »
if i remember right the nits took dam near all their bases back. FOOL
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 03:12:40 PM »
I thought AAsqueaker quit?

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 03:13:53 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Thats funny, looks like you are describing 110s, 51s, typhis, hurries, nikis, 190s, 190s, 190s, tempests, even 0s will do that in the MA

lol I dunno what 110 you have flown, but the one I fly doesn't have the speed to run away from any fight.

Yes, p51 run away a lot, but I don't tend to run into too many that try to HO. If they are smart they BnZ you.

Most Nikis are almost as dweeby as LA's, meaning HO and Run, but they tend to be fairly easy to kill. I guess because it's a popular noob plane. (likely the next step up from the LA)

Temp's are just lame perk planes, when flying a 110 I tend to die against a Temp if he has alt advantage and is a reasonably good stick. If I'm in a 110 the two planes I dread the most are Spit16's and Temps. Simply because even a noob can be successful in either of them.

Hurri's, I haven't ran into to too many that can run away, they turn too dam good, so they usually don't have to run away, because they can't easily out turn most planes. They also don't need to HO because they turn so good.

The 190's tend to be BnZer's because if they get on the deck they tend to die pretty easy. 190's don't bug me too much, unless it's a alt monkey that  constanly tries to BnZ you.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2007, 03:14:53 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Spoken like a true uber-spit-dweeb trying to justify his eze-mode plane. :D

exactly :rofl
"strafing"

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
LOL, check my stats, I rarely fly the La7.    As for Vans landing AA scalps, plenty of people get kills on us, nothing new there.  We land plenty of others scalps too.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2007, 03:35:08 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
I'd put my money on Chicago screwing up most anyone and anything who messed with it.
I'd put my money on Detroit.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »
Should a 110C-4b beat a LA7 or a Nikki in most cases?

Yep, just make sure they never see you coming :rofl

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2007, 03:42:01 PM »
lol I dunno what 110 you have flown, but the one I fly doesn't have the speed to run away from any fight.

Didnt you say:

Isn't the 110 the best HOing plane ever made by HT?  

You think lalas are easy mode.  Pick a lala and I ll take a 202.  Lets see how easy it really is.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2007, 03:42:20 PM »
oooh oooh, perfect opportunity to insert "AH serious buisness"

all in all, I blame the generals for not being able to rally the troops to fight for the cause.  Of course its not their fault, it's everone elses.  

Just last night I was flying for knights and I hear someone saying how no one works together yadda yadda yadda.  I noticed there was a good fight going on over at a different rook base, with bish.  Joined rooks for a bit, and low and behold..... another person saying that rooks can't get it together, they don't work together yadda yadda yadda.  So by my powers of deduction I can only guess that:

A) bish always work together for lack of proof on that night that they don't.

B) the most likely option that all sides are the same with the only thing making one team better than the other in terms of strat are numbers.

C) telling by the amount of complaints that night, too many people are furballing and not putting enought effort into winning the war.  (the horror)
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »
As near as I can tell everyone is about the same.  We were flying Knits last night as the numbers were low, and we got into some knock down drag out brawls taking on the mob.

I had a great time.

There were 5 of us in lower 38s going against the usual mix of LAs, Spits, N1Ks, 51s, 190s etc.   Murdr took home 10,  Soulyss had 6 but was too  shot up and ditched short.  I made it back on fumes with 5, Silat had 4 and Shuff had 6 I believe.  

We just kep going back and fighting it out.  I kinda thought that was what the game was about?  Air combat?  :)

Between the Snapshot, which was a great time and those fights afterwards in Blue, I was reminded why I like this game so much.

I'd just about kill to have that on the deck, white knuckle fight I had where I actually got out of there with 5 after they ganged me.

They don't happen that often, at least where I'm the last plane in the air :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »
Vanscrew owns AAsqueakers :D