Author Topic: Funny things you've done  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Funny things you've done
« on: September 07, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
A couple weeks ago (before I deleted account) I was flying around in my -4 and saw a Jug...

I was just about to pull the trigger and I noticed he was AFK. So, I got in a nice tight formation with him and was just below his plane. I flew with him all the way to his target (my base). If I had the video I'd show it but that was before the patch.

He did not even notice me until he got to the base...he rolled inverted to look for cons...and there I was...If you've ever seen Top Gun...it looked kind of like that (when Mav flips off the guy in the other plane).

Just thought I'd share.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »
Went up to 45K in a P51B(afk) come back and i went lvl back to the base.Was going about 425+ I see buffs and dive in.Looked like easy kills.But i did the thing on dogfights w/ the german raming the bombers...was funny as hell to me.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »
Decided to fly a Dora with my buddy one day at around 16K heading home after a successful buff hunt. By the time we got to 14K, an enemy La-7 shot off my wing during decent. I thought that I'd might as well see how long it takes for me to spin wildly until I crashed to my doom.

At 3K of alt, I saw a P-38 and didn't think much of it. As i plummeted, It just happened to change direction and what d'ya know, I crashed into that ol' P-38, gaining my 3rd kill of that ill-fated sortie.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

storch

Funny things you've done
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 05:10:24 PM »
I pay my subscription every month

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 05:17:52 PM »
My friend was in a b-17(with drones) and I was chasing him. I had some shots on him but didn't kill him. He had autopilot on and was in the tail gun trying to unload every round on me, but he wasn't prepared for what happened next. While he is in the tail gun trying to kill me... WHAMMMMMM! right into the mountains and i get all three kills at once!:rofl :D

Offline Flint

• Copper Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »
As above - B17's.

Saw a con formation after my drop so chased him down.

Yarrrrr! Broadside at 200ft sepration.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 05:39:18 PM »
Had just helped secure a V base in a B-25H, and was flying cap watching for GVs. Spied an Ostwind, and unfortunately coordination with other friendlies didn't work and he clipped off both my tails with one ping. As I'm flat spinning down, somehow I'm dropping at SUCH a low airspeed that I belly it in, not more than 400yds away from the Flak.

Too bad my turrets stopped working on impact, as I could have easily lit his turret up.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 05:41:47 PM »
Recieved three proxy kills on a flight of B17's desperately trying to kill my goon. They all slammed into a hillside.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 07:24:19 PM »
I was tryin to get basck to base in my P47D40 and a spitfire started chasing me. He started to catch me so I started to weave back and forth. Somehow we got into a scissors and as I leveled out to accept death ( I was still 1 full sector from base with no friendlies at all nearby, and I had no speed at all with him 200 off my six and couldn't shake him). Well I level out and he rolls right pulls in behind me and looses a wing! I look at text andit says "***** has collided with you" :lol  . What a lucky break for me!

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 07:39:13 PM »
Took a single AR234 out one day to go drop some radars at the enemy's forward fields. After I hit the third field I see this P-51 diving in on me. Seeing as how he had a big E advantage on me I pushed over for the deck and started running for home. As I come over this small hill I realize I'm heading right at an enemy base. Just as I'm about to turn a little so I don't have to fly through the ack I see a formation of Lancs taking off so I figure what the hell. I scream right down the middle of the runway at about 10ft doing over 500MPH. I fly under the Lancs and then pull up right in front of the guy and open up with my 20mm rear guns and put a burst into the cockpits of 2 of his planes and down them. Can't remember who it was but man was that guy pissed. Came up on 200 cussing me out. I laughed all the way back to my base and landed them kills.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Funny things you've done
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 07:43:25 PM »
And what happened to the P-51
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 07:45:52 PM »
i did shoot down Fringe in a 262 and i was in a 234...that was funny watching him cry on 200.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline shamroc

• Copper Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 07:49:47 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Took a single AR234 out one day to go  

One time I took a single AR234 with the gun package and caught a P-38 with the pilot AFK - I got into formation with him - right in front of him - and waited...  Suddenly his wings started moving as he prepared to shoot me, and I immediately opened up with the rear guns and blew him away - was only funny because I was right in front of him for about 5 mins before he came back.  Can't remember who the pilot was, be we both had a good laugh.

Shamroc

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
Funny things you've done
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 07:52:07 PM »
I didn't do it but it was funny as all heck to watch. I was in a M8 at a Rook base waiting for the the Panzer to catch up to me and de-ack the place for capture. out of no-where a rook 110 dives in on the bas and starts bombing hangers and then strafing them. on his third pass or so he flys right into a tree and explodes. I didn't have the heart to tell him on 200 he augered while shooting at his own base.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Funny things you've done
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »
I thought about learning ACM once...but decided, Nah, I'll follow the La pilots book.

Step 1:  HO
Step 2:  Run
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High