Author Topic: What's more important to the AvA  (Read 3027 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
What's more important to the AvA
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 08:54:06 AM »
And you think the place is empty now? lol

Here is an idea.  Leave it alone.  There are not many people there because they don't want to be there.  Thats a good thing.  It means it is different.  Don't destroy it trying to make it the same as the MAs and don't destroy it just so you can bring more people in.

What kind of goal is that?  To get more people in you have to make it more appealing to them.  As all changes so far have shown, the only thing that appeals to people is the MA set up and we have that.

If you guys need something even different don't destroy the AvA.  Take one of the 4 MAs and change that one.

Destroying something just so we can have more people in it is silly.  It will never succeed because when you make enough changes to bring people in, the original thing is gone.  If you think those ideas are so great and will appeal to a lot of people, why not make the MA like that?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »
All I'm asking for is separate Europe and Pacific AvAs, all other settings can be left as is. Having separate Eu/Pac arenas will give players a reliable arena setup which they can go to. Now it's "gah, it's a pacific map again" then go elsewhere. This is the single reason the AvA in its current form sux, imho.

:p

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 09:50:17 AM »
Originally posted by 33Vortex
All I'm asking for is separate Europe and Pacific AvAs, all other settings can be left as is. Having separate Eu/Pac arenas will give players a reliable arena setup which they can go to. Now it's "gah, it's a pacific map again" then go elsewhere. This is the single reason the AvA in its current form sux, imho.

:p

Who goes gah, its pacific map again?  Are you speaking  for 100, 200, 1000 people or just you?  If it is only you, I don't think I have ever seen you in there.  Even when the European set ups are on.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I don't think I have ever seen you in there.  Even when the European set ups are on.
I saw him in there once, last BOB, he was gang flying with JG11, I remember because his communication devolved to obscenity, the f bomb I believe.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 01:55:54 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
I saw him in there once, last BOB, he was gang flying with JG11, I remember because his communication devolved to obscenity, the f bomb I believe.

:rofl Funny how the people that want the change, are the people that are not using the arena.  I think if they don't like the MA, they should change the MA.

Offline trap2000

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2007, 02:29:38 PM »
Originally posted by Dedalos
If you think those ideas are so great and will appeal to a lot of people, why not make the MA like that?

Right there's the answer. Why not create a new arena? This thread basically comes down to the issue of how much field capture should drive arena play. You have a group who wants the AvA left as is and another group who wants varying degrees of change. The changes range from minor to a complete re-thinking of how the arena works. Now the guys running HTC know all about the WWII arena. I'll bet they realize it had and still has a very loyal following of mature players....and that it kicks prettythang. It's quite possible that the same type of arena here would equal or surpass  the number of players / night that the EW, MW or AvA average. Not only that, but it would provide the oppurtunity to tap into that WWII arena player base who aren't over here already because they're not interested in fantasy main game play. It would solve the arena reset issue of the AvA because we wouldn't use that arena, we'd leave it "just as it is". If a group of players could get together and pitch the idea to HTC, they just might go for it. What would there be to lose in trying. It beats arguing in circles on a BBS.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 03:17:20 PM »
Think u hit the nail on the head there trap2000. :)

And Kong, you're so full of it.

Dedalos I may not be the most active AvA player but if there's a good map I'll fly it and no, not the pacific maps only european. Currently you are the only player ranked higher than me in the fighter category in there, out of sheer weight of # of kills. I flew the BoB map then as AvA changed to a Pacific map I'm no longer interested. My rank is not my work alone but we (JG11) fly together, which only further the level of historical accuracy, and some certain people don't like us for that. I fail to see why team tactics is a bad thing in the AvA, or the MA for that matter. If you can't cope with other players teaming up maybe you are playing the wrong game is my opinion on the subject. What's the purpose of being in a squad anyway?

Lack of respect only leads to more, lack of respect, which is counterproductive. Dedalos do I really need to tell you about this?

Truth has no agenda.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »
Think u hit the nail on the head there trap2000. :)

Dedalos I may not be the most active AvA player but if there's a good map I'll fly it and no, not the pacific maps only european. Currently you are the only player ranked higher than me in the fighter category in there, out of sheer weight of # of kills. I flew the BoB map then as AvA changed to a Pacific map I'm no longer interested. My rank is not my work alone but we (JG11) fly together, which only further the level of historical accuracy, and some certain people don't like us for that. I fail to see why team tactics is a bad thing in the AvA, or the MA for that matter. If you can't cope with other players teaming up maybe you are playing the wrong game is my opinion on the subject. What's the purpose of being in a squad anyway?

Lack of respect only leads to more, lack of respect, which is counterproductive. Dedalos do I really need to tell you about this?

What does any of this have to do with my post or changing the AvA.  If you don't like the MA don't try to change the AvA to suit your needs.  Ask for a new arena or ask to change the MA.

As far as team tactics go, you tell me.  Do you think there is anything wrong with 5 guys beating on 1 guy>  Is that fun for you?

As for your rank :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  something tells me that 1 vs 1 you could not fight your way out of a paper bag. (See team tactics, lol)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »
Oh, another genius. I see what level you operate at, and you're not dragging me down to where you are.

Edit: Oh, and let me quote your brilliance, in order to preserve it for future reference and/or case studies.

Originally posted by dedalos
What does any of this have to do with my post or changing the AvA.  If you don't like the MA don't try to change the AvA to suit your needs.  Ask for a new arena or ask to change the MA.

As far as team tactics go, you tell me.  Do you think there is anything wrong with 5 guys beating on 1 guy>  Is that fun for you?

As for your rank :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  something tells me that 1 vs 1 you could not fight your way out of a paper bag. (See team tactics, lol)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:53:08 PM by 33Vortex »

Truth has no agenda.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »
Oh, another genius. I see what level you operate at, and you're not dragging me down to where you are.

You brought your rank in to a discussion about arena changes and you want me to take you seriously?

Really, take a guess, what do you think everyone that read your post thinks now? :rofl

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2007, 04:25:32 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1

Who's full off what? :rofl
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2007, 04:34:34 PM »
Dude, what is your problem? Rank is not significant and I never said it was, it only serve as a pointer toward what that player is capable of. Since you treated me like a idiot I pointed out my rank to you since it is indisputable fact.

How am I to take you seriously when all you do is :rofl, and at what? All you do with your posts is show how much of a you are.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2007, 04:38:52 PM »
:rofl

OMG you guys are unbelievable. Kong, whatever makes you happy man. :D

Truth has no agenda.

Offline 1cajun

• Probation 1/25/2016
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2007, 04:44:32 PM »
And so the thread goes as always.  There are a number of players with some great ideas and then the few who don't want their private DA sandbox toyed with.

Sad thing is that these threads always start productive and end up with the personal attacks.
332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2007, 04:45:11 PM »
Kong, what I mean is, it's irrelevant. Of course you know what preceded that line as well, you're just leaving that out very conveniently. But I'm not interested in that. It's why you are doing it that puzzles me, what's your purpose in bringing that up at all, why are you trashtalking me and JG11?

Basically, what is your problem?

Can you help me figure that out, please, I'd be very grateful. :)

Truth has no agenda.