Author Topic: What's more important to the AvA  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
What's more important to the AvA
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2007, 05:26:54 PM »
Originally posted by 1cajun
And so the thread goes as always.  There are a number of players with some great ideas and then the few who don't want their private DA sandbox toyed with.

Sad thing is that these threads always start productive and end up with the personal attacks.

yep

Offline trap2000

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
It's easy to tell the difference between the guys who are trolling for a reaction from the folks trying to have a constructive discussion on improving historical game play. So once again, it falls upon the latter to attempt to raise this thread out of the toilet. Good luck. I've said my peace.

Later

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2007, 07:30:02 PM »
Originally posted by 1cajun
There are a number of players with some great ideas and then the few who don't want their private DA sandbox toyed with.
So ideas you like are great ideas and ideas you don't like are bad ideas?

Originally posted by trap2000
It's easy to tell the difference between the guys who are trolling for a reaction from the folks trying to have a constructive discussion on improving historical game play.
So discussing ideas you like is a constructive discussion and ideas you don't like are trolling for a reaction?

Originally posted by 33Vortex
So pick your side. Do you want to be constructive, or destructive?
So ideas you like are constructive and ideas you don't like are destructive?

It must be nice to be the center of the universe.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:34:07 PM by KONG1 »
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2007, 07:38:14 PM »
Kong, what I mean is, it's irrelevant. Of course you know what preceded that line as well, you're just leaving that out very conveniently.

Just trying to save you the embarrassment.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »

Basically, what is your problem?

Can you help me figure that out, please, I'd be very grateful. :)

I'll help you, although you will see it as a personal attack.  You and some other people with ideas how to change something I, Kong, and others use, are not using it.  You want to change something that you are not using.  Do you see the problem there?  We are using it and I don't know about the others, but I like it the way it is.  I may not like the play stile of some people but that is irrelevant to the arena set up.  I like the arena the way it is.

Now, if anyone has any ideas on how to make it better I'll listen.  Most of the guys like you are looking to make it something completely different.  Not improve it, but eliminate it and replace it with something different.  To put it in your terms, you want to take away my sand box and replace it with your sand box.

It seems to me that what you really don't like is the MA.  Why else would you be looking for something different.  So, instead of asking to change the MA, you want to change something YOU dont use.  Kind of selfish don't you think?  Why not ask for your ideas to be implemented in the MA or a different arena?  Why take away the AvA?

That was the nice approach to it.  The reality is that you are full of chit.  The only thing you want to change is the pacific set ups and only have the ones that YOU like.  So, don't come in here and demand respect or talk to me about sand boxes when all you are trying to do is create your own sand box.  You really think you fooled anyone into thinking you care about the AvA?

I know it is a waste of time with you but hopefully it will help others understand why they see the responses they see here.  Bottom line, YOU and your squad would like to create their own sand box so you can play for their scores :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2007, 07:55:45 PM »

Kong...

Sigh, didn't I tell you right there and then? I don't care... you don't get it do you? You're the one making a fool of yourself, and it's all over this thread too. You can save yourself a lot of trouble by just letting it be and get over it. Perhaps you need a therapist to do that I don't know, don't get me wrong it's just that you just seem to be really into it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:10:11 PM by 33Vortex »

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2007, 08:08:02 PM »
Dedalos, sand box here sand box there, who cares. This game is a sand box for all of us if you will. All I suggested was to split the AvA into a European arena and a Pacific arena, otherwise I like the AvA as it is. That's all. If you want to jump on me for that, fine, but you won't gain any points with me that's for sure, and you're making a fool of yourself at the same time. There's no reason to make it personal, we've never met. If we did, I know this might sound scary to you but heck, you might even like me. Boggles your mind now doesn't it?

Anyway, if you are going to post all over the board about how bad we are for not playing the AvA, but only the certain maps we like, and how good you are for staying in the AvA all the time. (That's pretty much how your post come across you know.) I will just give up the discussion, it's not worth my time. Some players (customers) might have a look in this thread even, then decide it's not worth to bother seeing all this crap going on. Then HTC get less quality input from their customers, they miss out on the stuff they want to know. As a result, they could miss their goal to give us the game we want, instead the loud mouths and cry babies get what they want because they scream the most, suppressing other ppls ideas. In the long run it will lead to HTC going bankrupt... no more sand box for you then!

So, do yourself a favor and look a little further than your next post. What I described above is something I've seen happen, from a customer perspective, to another online sim. A few people ruining for the majority of players.

Edit: Besides, the question was not for you, so your answer has no significance to me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:17:57 PM by 33Vortex »

Truth has no agenda.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2007, 08:32:02 PM »

Anyway, if you are going to post all over the board about how bad we are for not playing the AvA, but only the certain maps we like, and how good you are for staying in the AvA all the time.

So, do yourself a favor and look a little further than your next post. What I described above is something I've seen happen, from a customer perspective, to another online sim. A few people ruining for the majority of players.

It is you with statements like the above that made it personal.  Go back and read how it started.

Maybe this is how you read it, but this is not what I said or even tried to imply.

Edit: Besides, the question was not for you, so your answer has no significance to me.

Yeah, I always type a few hundred words to respond to things I don't care about too  :rofl

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2007, 09:06:32 PM »
we interrupt this thread for a hot girl in a bikini

and a flying pig

Just felt like posting that. :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2007, 09:13:22 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy

What does she say if you pull her string?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2007, 09:45:14 PM »
Dedalos, I care about this game, not you or anyone's opinion about me.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy

and a flying pig

Just felt like posting that. :D

best post yet:aok

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2007, 11:02:17 PM »
The pig's kinda hot.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2007, 07:51:11 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
What does she say if you pull her string?

Answer #1
Who cares?
Answer #2
WhenIgetoutofcollegeI'mgonnabeaBRAAAINNNNSURGEON!!!!

:D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2007, 08:06:57 AM »
Originally posted by KONG1
The pig's kinda hot.

Hands off man.  I saw it first :furious