Author Topic: Sore Losers  (Read 1609 times)

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 04:47:06 AM »
I always tell them..
Its your prettythang your sittin on,ya may as well keep an eye on it

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 07:18:45 AM »
Check six is appreciated, but give me a holler on vox instead.  The generic check six does not cover all the possible attack aspects, so it can cause you to guess where the con is coming from.  I would say save the check six for when the enemy con is actually on your six.  You are absolutely right on the SA thoughts----->head on a swivel at all times!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Sore Losers
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 07:39:50 AM »
Originally posted by Charge
Maybe it should have some kind of priority to the planes in the middle of your screen, dunno.

Charge,

It actually does seem work that way as far as I  have experienced, could be wrong though. The biggest problem for me is the fact that the call gets "stuck" on a guy that doesn't need a warning while scrolling towards the guy I indented to give it to. The only option then is to give the call to a wrong guy and if there's still time...try to give the call again to the right guy...and after that apologize from the wrong recipient.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 08:11:22 AM »
Just hit the apostrophe key, no need to cycle through all the planes.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 08:25:57 AM »
Originally posted by Witty
No, I was harassed by the person who got shot down by the Mossie. He didn't receive a 'check six' from even one friendly despite there being many in the area. Though, since I was the closest, he took his anger out on me instead of himself.

But that's beside the point. The first paragraph was meant to be more of a catchy intro than a realistic account. Though I based it off of real events.

you didnt give the guy a check 6? how rude!
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 09:47:31 AM »
No question that the "CHK 6" can be a crutch for poor SA and an easy excuse after you die....

There are two exceptions, 1st I'm amazed how often I've picked a guy with a half dozen guys around him apparently none of whom bothered to call me out on vox or chk 6 anyone...

The second type is even worse. I was flying over the weekend and was in the "ebb & flow"....we had numbers when I took off and by the time I got close we'd had some attrition down to roughly even. I cleared a couple of guys and then got locked into a fight with a ki-84 and lala. After that was over I was still near the enemy basr and started to climb away and spiral climb up. The next enemy wave (only a few including the lala & ki-84) were coming out....so I had a 4 planes that were climbing to me...I also had a 190 and a pony over me (I was in a B pony) and a friendly comes in over everyone. I'm keeping an eye on the 190 and engage the highest of the low cons...who evades but then pulls into a climbing drag (obvious warning sign)....sure enough the 190 is screaming in with the "friendly" close behind. The gent in question repeated this behavior for a good 10 minutes...

Alot of times the guy "ranting" is venting on a combination of events.......
'

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 10:02:41 AM »
Originally posted by Flint

General rule is give a check six if you can ... don't expect  or depend on one.

:aok
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Sore Losers
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Just hit the apostrophe key, no need to cycle through all the planes.

Here's pyro's explanation on how it works:

"Added a new command to send "check six" warnings to your allies. This
key is defaulted to the ' key. If you've altered your keymap settings
before, you'll need to manually map this key. You can also assign this
function to a joystick button. Pressing this button will highlight the
icon of a friendly in view. Repeatedly pressing this button will cycle
through all the friendly icons in view. The call is automatically sent
one second after you finished selecting. The call will send a private
message in the text buffer and play an audio file on the recipients computer.
You cannot receive a six call from a person that you have squelched."

What I mean is when I keep pressing the key repeatedly it sometimes gets stuck to a wrong guy and won't scroll any further. It could be that it can only scroll through the friendly icons in view once, and after that gets stuck to the last icon left in the view, dunno.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 10:13:31 AM »
If I see em coming, I'll give everyone and anyone a swift check six.......I get them often..lol..but never ever depend on them....(and yes, I get shot down a lot, but then I'm still learning ho hum)......more useful to me is the "check six from (Direction)......least that way you have a fighting chance to actually see them before its boom, tower time.....

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
I always give a "check six" call (usually the text version) to anyone I see in danger....

But please remember the wisdom of the MA Bible....

"Rebuke not, thy bretheren, as ye spiral down in flames, for only you are responsible for thine own Six."

68ROX

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »
Originally posted by Vudak
Nicely put, Witty, but why the shades?  

He's trying to be.....well.........umm...... witty!:rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 10:41:27 AM »
Very witty Skyrock. You figured out Witty's tryin to be witty. :lol

Offline Witty

• Zinc Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 06:37:51 PM »
Nicely put, Witty, but why the shades? You aren't exactly saying something likely to incite people.
Quite honestly, I wasn’t sure how everyone would react to this post. Especially since at the time of the incident; 2 or 3 people not only sympathized with the guy but even agreed with him, all to my dismay.  

What happened was this: I was climbing enroute to a furball roughly half a sector away when I saw tracers pass by my canopy. I wasn’t paying attention so an enemy managed to sneak up behind me. It was no big deal, especially considering that his aim was so horrible that he didn’t hit me. Sensing that this guy wasn’t a threat, I took my time slowly doing a split-S and that was when I noticed there were a handful of enemies in the area, not just one. So I started heading back to base to while trying to decide on the best course of action.

I then noticed a Mossie at about the same altitude as me, off my right wing, headed straight for me. I banked right to meet the Mossie head-on but maneuvered to avoid being shot in the face. As I start to turn around to follow the Mossie I notice a much higher 190 in the same direction as where the Mossie had come from. I decided to forgo chasing the Mossie to instead deal with the 190 who seemed to pose a much greater and more imminent threat.

Seconds later I hear some guy over the range channel say something along the lines of: “I’m not flying around here anymore…no one gives any ‘check sixes’.” Someone else apologetically announces how he was just about to give a ‘check six’, that in fact he even had his finger on the button but just couldn’t press it in time. Then it got to the point where the first guy loses his temper and says something like: I’m not mad at any of you guys, I’m just ticked at the guy who was right friggin behind him…Whitten!”

That completely caught me off guard; at first I didn’t even know what he was talking about. But then I put two and two together and figured out that the Mossie who had just passed me was the same Mossie who this guy was complaining attacked him.

Since he was making such a big deal about not receiving a ‘check six’, it’s obvious that he didn’t even see the Mossie coming. But somehow he was able to know that I was chasing the Mossie at the time of the attack? If he knew I was chasing the Mossie, wouldn’t he realize the Mossie was there in the first place? The answer is simply no; he did not see the Mossie nor did he see me chasing the Mossie. He just simply used this as an excuse to take out all his rage on someone else.

Even if I was chasing the Mossie, or was simply aware that the Mossie was going to attack this guy; yeah, it would have been rude not to give a ‘check six’ (provided that I had the opportunity to do so) but regardless, there is absolutely no call for acting the way this guy did. And I’m just as disappointed at the countrymen who verbally agreed with this guy while neither they themselves witnessed the attack. So my whole point to you is, don’t harass or humiliate anyone for any reason; after all this is just a game.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 08:25:10 PM »
I usually eat more Pizza.

Ok ok ..
..if someone 'goes off' about not gettin a check 6,
I recommend Pac-Man or possibly checkers,
..it's obvious they cant fly their own plane
and want someone to babysit them.

-GE (just sayin, tm Pasha)
(and ya .. I do VOX ..screw tryin to target the right plane in the furballs I am usually in :)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 03:31:08 AM »
i think that your right for the most part
if your in, lets say a F4U, you've got to take time to use the arrow keys and page up/down keys to see on your 6, and you still have a blind spot, and in that time your intended target could of seen you and broke off...
i DO accept that most of the time, me gettin shot down was due to the other guy having more skill or my SA...

what really gets to me though is when you dive in to help a teammate, your on the guy that was on his 6, get him to break off, and something comes in on you, you ask for help and for some reason or another...they "can't" (usually RTB bingo ammo or something...) so yeahh...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*