Author Topic: OJ In Armed Robbery  (Read 1142 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« on: September 14, 2007, 12:53:39 PM »
link
Las Vegas police said on Friday they had questioned O.J. Simpson about a hotel room break-in, but the former football star was not taken into custody.

A police spokeswoman said the matter was still under investigation and declined to offer further details.

Celebrity Web site TMZ.com, citing unidentified sources, said several men broke into a memorabilia dealer's room on Thursday night and held the dealer at gunpoint while they took memorabilia once owned by Simpson and other sports stars.

Simpson was among the men, according to the story on TMZ.com. The details could not be confirmed.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:58:48 PM »
And OJ has commented that he will now devote the rest of his life to finding the real robbers.

Expect a book out in a few years, "If I stole the Memorabilla"

Just kidding, but it sounds good.

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 01:01:25 PM »
i think about some of America's washed up sports stars and it bums me out how money can make people evil.

i think its a shame what has happened to mike tyson too.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »
I thought this just happened?  He already was tried?

Oh, right, I forgot, in this country, people are "innocent until the media says they aren't."
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »
relaxth willith, he will get histh day in courth......not that it will do any good.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »
Originally posted by jhookt
i think about some of America's washed up sports stars and it bums me out how money can make people evil.

Money didn't make them evil. It just made them famous so you would hear about it. There are plenty of people with as much or more money that don't go around killing and raping people. And there are plenty of losers who do that never make the national news.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 03:59:38 PM »
OJ says he conducted a sting to get stolen sports memorabilia back.  No weapons were involved.

Case closed, he is innocent.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
did they find the other glove this time? ;)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 09:46:48 PM »
Originally posted by Tac
did they find the other glove this time? ;)

Yeah, it was a baseball glove.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 09:53:01 PM »
Originally posted by jhookt

I always felt Tyson was set up on the first rape charge.

Agreed Tyson wasnt a "nice" guy.
But I think that fact was intentionally played upon

The two worst things that happend to Tyson was
1 Cuss dying
2 Marrying Givens and her mother
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 10:44:05 PM »
OJ has a lifetime "Get out of jail collect $200" card, does he?

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 11:05:03 PM »
Read the writeup on CNN...  It looks like OJ is being set up.  His version, and he has just as many witnesses as the one who called the cops, is that he and a few people went to these sellers shacked up in a vegas hotel room (sounds like a bunch of shady characters already) and found a bunch of his stuff that was stolen or otherwise belonged in his possession, not in the possession of these shady sellers.  He took back his stuff and left.  One of the sellers got pissed and called the cops, making up a story about how there were guns and it was like some "home robbery".

WTF... how is taking your stolen stuff back from some guy pawning it out of a hotel room the same as an armed assault on a household?

As bad as it sounds, I strongly suspect OJ is right.  If OJ had gone to the cops, the red tape and usual delays would have resulted in the sellers skipping town with all of OJs stuff.  So he went and got it back himself.  Nobody got shot, and nobody is even claiming to have been roughed up.  Sounds pretty "normal" to me, no different than a dude going to a garage sale and finding tools with his name on them that had been stolen a while ago.  Call the cops and everything and everyone vanishes before the cops show up, so just get a few friends to back you up, grab your stuff, and leave.

I hope the outraged seller gets nailed for fencing stolen goods, selling without a license, selling without collecting/submitting sales tax, etc.  Those jerks were capitalizing on selling goods stolen from a celebrity, and they deserve whatever pain they get even if the cops come down on OJ.  Personally, I hope OJ gets off without charges or even gets commended for getting his stuff back without causing a fight.

IMHO
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 03:56:08 AM »
OJ was on a Sting operation... It just so happens his watermelon was involved.

Dammm you all can't you just understand that OJ is being set up?  

His Book, well not really now his book... just hit the market. Cost extra for a glove.  Nice fold out though, glove, knife and a kewl golf club.

Why is everyone hampering his search for the REAL murderers?

Par 4?

Mac

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 05:55:33 AM »
Except you cant go into someones house and "take your stuff back and leave". If you do you better have rock solid proof it is indeed your stuff. Even if it is you cant just go into someones domicile, and yes thats what a Hotel room is.

I hate sounding like a lawyer but it may very well be that it is the same as someone going into your house and stealing from it. It all sounds shady to me and anyone that sides with OJ would do well to remember this was a guy who hacked up two people to death, imposed all kinds of drama into American life, and then lied his way out of it with his slick lawyers.

I would personally have a problem believing what the guy says.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
OJ In Armed Robbery
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »
LOL

If you think someone has your stuff, and your in the right, you either bring in the cops to search. Or you hire a lawyer and sue. Either way you let the pro's handle it.

OJ obviously feels like he is above the law, is not held to its standards.
And that he can do whatever he feels like.

Its going to trip him up some day.