Author Topic: WB  (Read 377 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WB
« on: April 07, 2000, 06:10:00 PM »
 Has shiped us one of there wingless flameing wonders. First one ive seen.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WB
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2000, 06:18:00 PM »

????

-Westy

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
WB
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2000, 06:12:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
Has shiped us one of there wingless flameing wonders. First one ive seen.
 Huh?

------------------
Tern
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"
========================
"There I was, inverted at 50 feet and 120 kts. and the only thing running was the radio."

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WB
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2000, 06:18:00 PM »
 Just a flameing fuselage flying around shooting dowm planes. Only one ive seen tho. Use to see them in brand x all the time.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WB
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2000, 08:43:00 AM »
Ahhh. I underdstand. I saw one (only one I've ever seen) about two, three weeks ago. Piloted by "ScottM" or a handle just like that. I'd shot the heck up out of him and then immeled  to regain alt, as I expected him to auger in.  He didn't so I dove back on him and when I was 100 from his 6 I saw a flaming fuselage.
 No wings and no tail at all. The nearest friendly had not been paying this action any attention and couldn't verify what I was seeing and when I asked ScottM to do a ctrl D for damage I recieved no reply. I broke off as he went off out to the void (off the map) and augered into the "bloo" of the 'ocean'
 Not a common occurance imo unless I just don't fly enough to see it more. Was a very odd sight though.  

-Westy

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
WB
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2000, 09:04:00 AM »
I saw one about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  

I shot up the bandit (cannot remember now who it was) and so the wings come off and the fuselage flaming.  Figuring it was a goner, I pulled off my attack run and lazily turned to grab alt., just then I hear ping, ping, ping, as the flaming fuselage is shooting me.  

I was able to reverse and put some more rounds into him, and he finally went in.

The bandit (I wish I could remember who it was) and I did correspond on open channel.  I told him what I saw and he said he was intact until that last and final run I made at him, which ended the fight.  

He was surprised I had broken off the fight like I did after the first pass (which on my FE indicated a dead bird).

Anyway, I have only seen it happen once.

Cobra