Author Topic: Spies!  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Spies!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 11:46:50 AM »
FX I really don't see that the arena needs to change.  Get two people on for 15 minutes and the next thing you know you've got enough regulars and enough curious people to set up some fun fights.  

I looked for you at 8:00 last night and didn't see you so I flew around a bit and nobody came to play so I left.  Perhaps tonight between 8 and 8:30?

As far as the side switching goes I think, and Storch or Kong correct me if I'm wrong here, that the regulars prefer air to air dog fighting for the most part.  So let's say, for the sake of argument, myself and 3 squad mates decide to go AVA for a while.  Nobody else is on so I switch sides with one of my squad mates.  I notice that you log on on my country.  I send you a message saying 'come to A3 that's where the fight is'.  What's the problem?

I can understand it might be a problem if you decide to have a squad night and attempt to do some base captures or strategic bombing but wouldn't you want those captures or bombing runs to have some opposition?  Seriously it's not hard to tell where people are going and watching the map knowing what their intent is ESPECIALLY in here.  

Honestly like I said yesterday I've never seen it in here but I could be wrong.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »
FX,

Funny how you try to "open conversation" by making unfounded accusations, trashing the arena and calling names. It takes about 6 months of peer pressure to scrape the MA luzer funk from a new convert so just hang in there and eventually you'll realize it's not about the kill - it's about the fight.

And if you determine that the AvA is not your cup-o-tea please refrain from trashing the arena, just go back to the MA and your Spit16.:aok
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

storch

Spies!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 12:48:35 PM »
FX an open conversation doesn't begin by accusing kong of spying.  I don't think anyone in JG54 cares one bit about personal score or squad rank.  on the day in question I was in the arena alone kong logged on and we were having 1 v 1s  after numbers grew it became impossible to switch because of the lopsidedness in the arena.  it had nothing to do with hunting you down or whatever you may be insinuating.

I might just take another three month hiatus from the AvA.  let's see if it improves by thanksgiving time.

sheesh

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Spies!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »
IT IS TRUE!!!!!

The AvA is full of spies.  Just last night while I was fighting Maha, he alerted me on time about Sehob coming to cherry pick me.  That was totally unfair because it gave me just enough time to give him a face full of 30mms and continue :rofl

So, Maha is a spy.  Burn him :furious
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 01:56:59 PM »
FYI i guess the word spie is to strong for what i am describing. Its the attitude of game play and some of the pilots working together on different countries that diminish the over all feeling of good sportsmanship.

I am all about the fight and i have had some great dances in AvA..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 02:01:08 PM by FX1 »

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 02:29:09 PM »
Kong are you personally calling me out on the bbs for my lack of skill needed to play in AvA?  From what you have posted i would assume that my lack of ability that I couldn't hold my mustard to a superior pilot like yourself.

If this statement is true i would like to test your abilities in the DA. Sometimes like in this case you can only push so many times then I will take your bs personal.

So if you have time this week i would love to see your superior AvA skill agents my dweeb 16 main so called lack of skill in the DA. I will make you a deal, you can call all five rides. The one draw back is that i will post them in the training forum for other to view. Win or lose (:

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Spies!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 05:56:13 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
This isn't about just FX this scenario plays over and over:

1)Good MA stick who pwns in the MA used to safety flying with alt in groups in uber plane
2)Good stick decides it's time to pwn the AvA dweebs.
3)Good stick does ok but not pwning.
4)Good stick decides to safety fly to regain pwnage.
5)Good stick still not pwning and the whole arena is made aware of safety tactics.
6)Good stick used to the anonymity of the MA doesn't like the exposure.
7)Frustrated stick sais, "This sucks because it's just like the MA" then goes to the arena they just said sucked.

And finally, If you think the AvA regulars avoid good players. You have no concept of the typical mindset of the AvA regular.

Originally posted by KONG1
you'll realize it's not about the kill - it's about the fight

Gosh, it would seem that according to their posts, Kong will have no problem either going to the DA w/ you FX1 (it's about the fight right?) or beating you with little effort on their part.  And who can pass up picking all the rides for the fight?

I for one would be happy to "officiate" it for everybody.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:58:59 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

storch

Spies!
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 06:52:32 PM »
lute quit starting trouble

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Spies!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 07:32:42 PM »
Originally posted by storch
lute quit starting trouble

Kong started it w/ the personal attacks against FX1.

If indeed Kong lives for the fight, and FX1 is merely a "Good MA stick who pwns in the MA used to safety flying with alt in groups in uber planes"  then there should be no issue what so ever with Kong going to the DA and proving it.

Not MY fault Kong typed what they did.

I'm just mildly curious if Kong will back it up.

I'm betting not.

I am just humbly offering my services to help facillitate the duel.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
George Patton

storch

Spies!
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 07:48:47 PM »
lute at least buck up and admit you are flaming.  what kind of flaming you are I will keep to myself but it is flaming just the same.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Spies!
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 08:03:13 PM »
lute at least buck up and admit you are flaming.  what kind of flaming you are I will keep to myself but it is flaming just the same.

FX1 made a comment @ an arena.  Kong chimes in with a personal attack on FX1.  FX1 offered to duel 'em.  Did I miss anything in my synopsis?

So yes, of course I think Kong was out of line with his attacks on FX1.  Granted, it's typical Kong, and it is what I am used to seeing from them.

And yes, I would also quite enjoy watching FX1 totally destroy him in a duel with Kong picking all the planes in the fights.  (the obvious outcome of those two in a duel)

Attitudes like Kongs are one reason you will only rarely see me in the AvA.  (that an the fact it's always empty when I go fly)

Flaming?  I am hardly flaming.

If Kong isn't willing to back up what they say, then they should refrain from posting personal attacks vs. players.
George Patton

storch

Spies!
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »
yes you are flaming and you should stop now.  there is no need for you to fan the flames of this argument.  please allow it to die it's death.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Spies!
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »
FX if you showed tonight I'm sorry I missed ya.  Got a phone call about the time I was going to get on and had to go pick up somebody who jacked their ankle up.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Spies!
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:38 PM »
yes you are flaming and you should stop now.  there is no need for you to fan the flames of this argument.  please allow it to die it's death.

Main Entry: 2flame
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): flamed; flaming
intransitive verb
3 : to send an angry, hostile, or abusive electronic message to or about

Show me where anything that I posted was angry, hostile, or abusive.

Storch, what I am curious about is how "seem" to approve of Kong's personal attacks on FX1 (which DO fit the def. of a "flame" btw) yet you somehow have "issue" with what I have posted.

That in and of itself is very "insightfull".  You being the CO of the largest squad in the AvA, your actions and posts are representitive of a large player base for the AvA arena.  (do ya' see where i'm going w/ this?)

As far as fanning the flames, what do you have against Kong going to the DA with FX1?  According to Kong he should either win, or hold his own.

I am just humbly offering myself as a moderator for the fight.  I feel that I am qualified to do so, and would be a logical choice.
George Patton

storch

Spies!
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 10:08:14 PM »
lute why else would you post in the manner that you did, in defense of a player who needs no help from you?  while your words are not necessarily inflammatory perse the intent was to rile and that is clearly evident.  now quit trolling you just aren't very good at it.