« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:31:32 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:34:33 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Spies!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »
Oh, the horror, someone changing sides!

Actually what he said might have some merit (see one of the milkrunning threads), while I'd like to see some more people from the MA's migrating over, I wouldn't like the ones who report the whereabouts of their countrymates over squad channel... While we don't have a strict code of conduct in the AvA, but at least we have some manners - or so I would like to believe. How's the saying, "Unless proven different, I'm right"?...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Spies!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 07:04:39 PM »
some tards think anyone who is not loyal to a certain chess piece is a spy. I switch sides as often as i can if it means finding someone to shoot down ... and yes, I have been called a spy as they thought I gave a rats arse about their little base capture war LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:40:54 PM »
Kong your ego along with your squad made my experience in AvA far from fun. I am not alone in my description that you and your squad talk over squad vox while on difference sides. It is also very strange when we log on and see you as the only squad member on one side at 10k over our base not engaging in the fight. So what are you doing?

This isn't my first rodeo and i like the idea of the community policing them self to make our game better. For me to post this on this board maybe will inform other playing to watch out for this in the future.

I don't have a problem with squad member balancing the teams but what i do have a problem with is for that pilot not in the trenches mixing it up. Call it what you will but my eyes and experience don't lie..

Kong can you tell me the trueful that you have never alerted a squad member of a pilots location and plane that he is flying?

I would just like you to know that not everyone agrees with this tatic..

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Spies!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 07:46:39 PM »
FX, what you don't realize is that diving in unnoticed from 10K above the fight is the only way Kong can get any kills.  :noid
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 07:47:46 PM »
In 8 years with AW and AH i can spot suspicious activity and i don't call wolf often. The last time i called wolf H2H got the boot and i tried to alert the community to a problem.

This problem can be solved with code of conduct..

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
FX, what you don't realize is that diving in unnoticed from 10K above the fight is the only way Kong can get any kills.  :noid
That's not true, I pick up the occasional proxie. :furious
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

VWE

Spies!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 10:26:41 PM »
Well o.k. if ya'll want us to just stay axis then that's what we'll do, we won't switch sides to make things even any more. From now on we'll just fly axis no matter how uneven the sides are because fedex and zip code guy want it that way.

Many a non JG54 guy has flown with JG54... KONG, N7 and the occasional Tankman will sneak in a kill on me when flying for one of the other sides. And yes we chat on squad but myself and no one I've ever heard talk about or ask who, what, where. Ask anyone whos flown with us like Furby for example, it just doesn't happen. So get over it and work on your acm and sa, and stop coming up with excuses why y'all suck...

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 10:28:34 PM »
FX,

While I am impressed with your 8 years of experience calling suspicious rodeo wolfs, I am also dismayed at your unfounded accusations and disturbed by your paranoid self important mental menstruations. You have cut me to the core and tarnished my reputation without so much as a shred of evidence. I hope you realize the injustice I have suffered and I await your apology.:D

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 10:41:38 PM »
Well paraphrased Kong..

Without answering my question proves your gilt. Is this a good example for other players that do come into AvA.

Lets keep it simple and fare for everyone that comes into AvA. It only takes a couple rotten apples in the arena of 15 to spoil the hole map...

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 12:32:28 AM »
Originally posted by FX1
Without answering my question proves your gilt.
Maybe in North Korea.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Spies!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 05:16:55 AM »
Most of what FX1 posted in the General BBS I agreed with.

I felt he was spot on w/ his descriptions.

I even typed out a reply on his thread, but decided "nah" and didn't post it.  Not really worth the effort.  (so what am I doing now?  I'm betting wasting my time writing this to tell the truth)

Granted, I have had a blast in the AvA at times, but I have also had and equal or greater amount of what FX1 described.  (save the spying bit, but I never really cared about that kind of thing, nor pay it much mind.)

I DO find the personal attacks on FX1 as very telling on the character of the AvA if you consider yourself someone that represents what one will find in that arena.

Provide the readers of the AvA forum who might be considering flying in that arena a reason to go there.

If you disagree with FX1, write out a post on what your experiences in the AvA are.  Share with the readers what a typical experience in the AvA is for you, and how that differs from what FX1 described.

I think I will refrain from flying the AvA a bit longer untill I see that it has indeed "changed", or HTC finally "kills it" off.  Durn shame too because that arena has always had "potential", and if you go back 3-4 years or more it was a great place to fly in.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

storch

Spies!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 06:46:51 AM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:38:01 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Spies!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 10:42:08 AM »
Storch I am just trying to open conversation of what I have experienced in AvA. I do have respect for you and as the largest squad CO in AvA you can make some of the changes we all need to make this arena special.

As I pointed out their are more vets that feel the same way. Being the bully squad in a 15 player arena makes the other players frustrated like myself. This is compounded when you have ankle humpers being forward scouts and not helping out their country.