Author Topic: Win32 ..Sorry if already posted  (Read 311 times)

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
Win32 ..Sorry if already posted
« on: September 18, 2007, 02:01:25 PM »
I did a search but could not find any reference,but my son has downloaded the game on his cpu but tells me he is getting a win32 error when trying to start the game. Is it a corrupt file & if so instead of the long download (he is on dial up), is there a way i could copy the game from the HD from my cpu to a CD & reinstall on his cpu? Thanx
IN Game: Sidious

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 02:14:45 PM »
Is the error coming from the game installer (AH2112.EXE), of from "aceshigh.exe"?

If it is from AH2112.EXE, then the download might have been corrupted.  Can happen for a lot of reasons, the prominent one being an anti-virus program causing the corruption.  If you are on AOL, you need to get some kind of download manager which will solve that problem.

If it is from the actual game itself, after it has been successfully installed, the I need to see the output from a DXDIAG.  You can email that to me.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 03:08:50 PM »
Thanx Skuzzy

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »
He says it will not install....will try again. He said he even used a download manager the 2nd time. He uses AT&T as his ISP.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »
Can I presume he is downloading the file to the local hard drive in the computer, and not trying to open the file remotely?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 08:40:28 AM »
He saved it to his C Drive. & it is the AH2112.exe. He has Norton, I bet thats the culprit.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:24:58 AM »
Norton...  I doubt norton has anything to do with WIN32K because I get that stop error all the time, AFTER I uninstalled Norton.
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 11:56:03 AM »
Originally posted by Oogly50
Norton...  I doubt norton has anything to do with WIN32K because I get that stop error all the time, AFTER I uninstalled Norton.

Nortons is NOT easily uninstallable, you most likely still have bits and pieces of Nortons on your HD causing trouble