Author Topic: spys  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
spys
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Sim ... some people can't "see the forest for the trees".

I find myself seriously hoping that I've been had by a troll.

Because otherwise, the idea that arrogant plankton like this guy could self righteously condemn good people -- like, well, say Guppy -- and call them immoral for playing aces the "wrong way" would be simply nauseating.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
spys
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
I fund it amusing that a green at the gills newb has the arrogance to question the "moral compass" of anyone at all --

As far as Perk Prostitutes -- again, you miss the point. I changed from Rook to Knights over a year ago BECAUSE I got tired of flying with the horde. I went to the low side, and I don't think I've gotten reset points more than once in that entire year. I earn far more perks flying outnumbered than the war winners earn through resets. And as you apparently haven't figured it out as yet, those who switch to get on the "winning side" get no perks at all. You have to be on the same country for (?) 6 hours in advance of reset.

Your inability to understand what I meant by proportion just proves my point. This is a GAME, like chess. You seem to be saying that if I defeat an opponent playing the white peices, and switch to play the black ones, I am immoral and disloyal.

Or maybe a better illustration: If I'm playing pickup football and a couple guys have to leave, it's not immoral or disloyal for me to switch over to the other side in order to keep the game going. After all, if its 6 on one side and 3 on the other, we all know what'd happen -- the ganged side would lose, they'd get tired of playing, and go home. End result -- no game for anyone.
Switching sides isn't the issue.  Switching sides for the express purpose of spying is gamey, childish and plan poor sportmanship.  

If everyone did it, it would change the way the game is played.  Why would the game be designed as it is if HTC didn't want you to know where the nme CV was, didn't want you to know where an noe mission is taking place.

If side switching with cross country communication remains as it is, HTC please change the dar so you can see all planes and cv's for all chess peices at all times even outside of radar circles.  If that were done, the only reason to switch sides would be to even the teams out as Simaril.  

Someone else mentioned there was a "valid" game play reason for cross country communication.  I don't know what it would be other than spying.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
spys
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2007, 02:36:01 PM »
Scca --

I got a little torqued because this guy started impugning the moral fiber of those who switch sides, period.

As I've said, transfer of info violates the spirit of the game, and gets a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct in my book. Its gamey and lamey. I've not done it, and dont think I ever would.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
spys
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2007, 02:58:01 PM »
Lagg, quit spying on yourself :rolleyes:
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
spys
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »
Originally posted by Scca
Switching sides for the express purpose of spying is gamey, childish and plan poor sportmanship.

So is hiding the cv.

Dont really care what anyone sais or thinks. If the "enemy" hides a cv somewere safe except when they are close to reset ill spy like a mofo. The whines that follows is an added bonus :) Thats the only time ill spy tho as i really dont care what else the "enemy" is doing (unless they are within visual range in a dogfight ;) )

Offline xBishsquaddie

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
spys
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2007, 04:37:25 PM »
Nilsen, CV hiding is stupid and also in bad taste.

I noticed there was a player in either MidWar or Late War, zipcode name or mix or letters who kept saying "when the teams are this out of whack, there are no more rules".  He was over at the Bishops broadcasting everything going on to players on the enemy teams.  

I dont think alot people were paying attention cause most of us play to get more kills than deaths.  Who really cares about chess pieces or taking bases?  Maybe that would be a good poll on the forum.  Find out how many are really interested in one or the other.

Just my 3 cents

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
spys
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2007, 04:38:58 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
So is hiding the cv.

Dont really care what anyone sais or thinks. If the "enemy" hides a cv somewere safe except when they are close to reset ill spy like a mofo. The whines that follows is an added bonus :) Thats the only time ill spy tho as i really dont care what else the "enemy" is doing (unless they are within visual range in a dogfight ;) )

"He-He....a NORWEGIAN said MOFO!"

"Yeah....He-He."

:rofl       :rofl       :rofl      :rofl      :rofl

68ROX

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
spys
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2007, 07:06:54 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
So is hiding the cv.

Dont really care what anyone sais or thinks. If the "enemy" hides a cv somewere safe except when they are close to reset ill spy like a mofo.

Good thing you're not sitting across from me.:rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
spys
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2007, 07:07:13 PM »
I bet all these guys that say quit whining are Rooks... But I'll only bet a $1 :lol :noid

Most spys are usually folks w/ 2 accts or someone telling a buddy on the other country, which is rediculous if you ask me. I never cange countries. And if your gonna change countries to just report enemy positions to your friends on the other country, your lame. But it's your $15 bucks, so do as you please, right?

Someone said vox between countries should not be allowed. I think I'd agree with that... But texting would have to go as well I guess. Just IMO, <>
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
spys
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2007, 10:28:24 PM »
Well I know for a fact there is a sqaud out there who routinely have one of their squaddies on the other side when they are attacking bases. Dropping Vehicle supplies, telling them location of planes incoming etc etc etc..

Its gamey and stinks... however there is no real fix...

I have no problem with those that switch sides it makes no difference to me one way or the other.

Now to those that do it with the express purpose of busting missions etc etc etc is gamey and in poor taste.

Side switching or cross country comms are not the problems it is the attitude of the players that needs adjusting. :aok

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
spys
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2007, 10:59:31 PM »
Originally posted by sgt203
Well I know for a fact there is a sqaud out there who routinely have one of their squaddies on the other side when they are attacking bases. Dropping Vehicle supplies, telling them location of planes incoming etc etc etc..

Its gamey and stinks... however there is no real fix...

I have no problem with those that switch sides it makes no difference to me one way or the other.

Now to those that do it with the express purpose of busting missions etc etc etc is gamey and in poor taste.

Side switching or cross country comms are not the problems it is the attitude of the players that needs adjusting. :aok

Well put Sarge :)
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
spys
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2007, 11:06:57 PM »
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
spys
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2007, 12:09:02 AM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
:huh wow, you serious? If so, go to IL2
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
spys
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2007, 12:11:38 AM »
Originally posted by bnasty
:huh wow, you serious? If so, go to IL2
hook,line, and sinker:D
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
spys
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2007, 12:31:15 AM »
I know when the BKs run squad ops we'll normally spy on other countries. That way we know what bases are lightly defended and give out bad info to the other side. After all, they did it in real life.:aok
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++