Author Topic: Ava Development group  (Read 2020 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »
Originally posted by toonces3
Funny.

You know Dedalos, I logged in the other night.  I only stayed because you were on and I wanted to fight you.  Thought cannons might give me the edge to beat you finally.

After our fight I was on my way back out.  I flew halfway to England, sat over the channel and even posted my location and altitude on 200.

There was either a 2v1 or 2v2 going on about 5-10 miles away, so I patiently waited out of icon range, waiting for somebody to die and disengage so I could participate.

Eventually I see the two red dots headed my way.  In the process of banking and looking around for them, I inadvertently climbed to GASP! 7k from 5k.

I see on 200, "Is that Dedalos over there cherry picking in the 109?"

Might have been a joke, I dunno.  Turns out you had logged.

Had a fun fight, got shot down, and logged myself.

Funny.  I waited out over the water, posted my position and altitude, stayed out of a 2v1 until it was complete, DIVED DOWN TO 5K BEFORE THE ENGAGEMENT, and still was accused of cherry picking.

I'm not even sure how this is relevant.  Not sure what my point is either.  I wonder how much fun it was for Mr. Cherry Picker comment to play with himself though.

I have no idea as to what you are trying to say.  I was gone by then.  Who said it?  I'll tell you if it was a joke or not, lol.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »
I don't remember.  It doesn't really matter.

I had a point, I'm just not sure what it was.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 02:54:42 PM »
Originally posted by toonces3
I don't remember.  It doesn't really matter.

I had a point, I'm just not sure what it was.

lol.  There was only 1Duke1 on the alies side when I logged.  If he said it, you can be sure he was kidding.

BTW.  Stuff on 200 are not accusations.  You don't have to stand on trial lol.  Most of the times are just for fun

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »
Twasn't me :)  I think Soulyss might have been on also, as I remember after all the axis logged, I swapped over to axis to fight him, but not sure if this is the same night.

But don't remember any calling anyone a cherry picker,but might have missed it as I was pm'ing Ded in one of LW's calling him a whiner:aok
Duke

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
Twasn't me :)  I think Soulyss might have been on also, as I remember after all the axis logged, I swapped over to axis to fight him, but not sure if this is the same night.

But don't remember any calling anyone a cherry picker,but might have missed it as I was pm'ing Ded in one of LW's calling him a whiner:aok

:O  I thought you were calling me a winner :cry

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2007, 05:24:22 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
:O  I thought you were calling me a winner :cry

He tells me I'm "number 1" with the wrong finger.:huh

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Ava Development group
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2007, 06:22:46 PM »
Probably the same finger I use to give s.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

VWE

Ava Development group
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2007, 12:49:52 AM »
Yeah, he wasn't callin you a winner but a weiner... think you need stronger glasses.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
I love my AvA
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2007, 06:33:36 PM »
My belief is that anyone who has any opinion about gameplay here at one point clicked on the AvA menu button for the first time.  The first time,  your expectation was most likely little more than looking for some Axis versus Allies action (true to it's name). :cool:   Some of us were looking for the old Combat Theater menu button.  :aok

Maybe the long anticipated Combat Tour is creating an urgency for us AH junkies to fill in between the scenarios with a perfect place to practice (er, I mean play).:lol   Development for AvA has been unfairly burdened with the brunt of this void.  

Personally, I look for an arena where I can choose my weapon and meet a similar challenge of that day.  In other words 262 versus 262 wouldn't occur. :rolleyes:  Plane sets period.  

Now that I have said that, I wouid expect also, the amount of damage on non vehicle targets un-muted.  That is where a lot of problems for the AvA seem to appear.  Map resets and field captures appear to be built in features of the AH map architecture. :confused:

If I am right, staff members can become bogged down, just keeping a map playable.  My question is, can the maps be made unpenetrable up to a certain point, without massive staff envolvement and still allow for damage to items occur un-muted?