Author Topic: Montis orange reset  (Read 1234 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Montis orange reset
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 01:59:01 PM »
A few weeks ago, people were complaining that maps never got reset. Now they are happening more often, and people complain about that.

:rofl
"strafing"

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
Montis orange reset
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 02:10:39 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
A few weeks ago, people were complaining that maps never got reset. Now they are happening more often, and people complain about that.

:rofl

I believe they are complaining that the 'good' maps are getting reset fast and the 'crappy' maps are lasting a long time.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Montis orange reset
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Lynx

Is it possible that instead of your opponents "forgetting how to pork", maybe they just didnt care that much about the reset? (Or at least, not care enough to drop what they were doing and go to "defend the war" mode.)

That is pretty much the crooks of the matter so why would they then berate Rooks on 200 for resetting.  Seems to me if they can't be arsed then they should be silent about the fact.

On the other hand, is it fair to say that right now the balance is off to the other end of the scale? That outnumbered defenders have little chance of stopping the swarm? If so, has the capture game come to depend so overwhelmingly on numbers that it holds less interest?

I'm no game designer...but is it possible that although the current setup is frustrating for the strategically oriented, it might actually make for better game play when one considers the "maximum fun for the maximum number"? After all, while stopping a horde with porking may be satisfying for the outnumbered, it by definition means that the greater number have play opportunities taken away.

You make some valid points.  I believe the strat system is very hard to be  destroy especially for a beleaguered side.  

There was a time when hoard mentality was much discussed and objected to on these boards and we got increases in barracks & ack which in turn accelerated the hoard mentality especially for newbies.  They know no difference.

I'm not telling or asking anyone to play my way.  I'm not telling or asking for the game to be redesigned.

I'm saying, in response to those on 200, if you don't want to be reset STFU and do something about it.

Offline shamroc

• Copper Member
Montis orange reset
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 02:37:13 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
So in essence, "back in the day" there were so many ways to blunt the effect of numbers that a small number of defenders could essentially stop the majority from playing the capture game....and in the process, stop the furballers/ GV (dustballers???) from making combat contact. Since HT changed things, he obviously felt that situation wasnt good for the game.

In my opinion, the game went from Chess to Checkers.

Chess = deeper thinking and more strategic
Checkers = faster paced, quicker action

I think the game hit it's peak 1.5 years ago - back when we had huge maps, single arenas, fuel porkable to 25%, less barracks, less field guns, and softer hangers.

The game was more of an "anything can happen" adventure back then.  Like someone could sneak a CV deep around the "other side of the world" and create havoc (base after base goes down in short order).  

Things seemed more "squad centric", and people stuck more to their countries as well.  

Most fun I've had with the game was in those years.

Don't get me wrong - I like dueling and furballing as much as the next guy, but I deeply miss the more strategic play of the old days - also, 3-4 guys getting together could make a big difference - now it seems you need 10-20 people to get anything done.

Shamroc

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Montis orange reset
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »
I've got back into my pork any field i can make to mind set the last week. not my favorite thing to do but i like winning or at least holding what we have when i'm on.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Montis orange reset
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 07:35:04 PM »
I'm just gonna retract what I said and replace it with "furballers have ruined AH."  there.  

We should go back to the day where 1 person can fly for 15 minutes and destroy a whole country's ability to fight.  We should also have air starts so it doesn't take long for bombers to reach target.  Finally, the community is getting stupid, so HT had to dumb down the game for everyone.  which oddly had a paradoxical affect in that now we can't figure out how to stop bases from being captured.  Sorry smart people.

p.s LYNX, you make a valid point about doing something about the reset.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:18:58 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"