Author Topic: Running  (Read 9270 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Running
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 10:27:52 AM »
You'd already screwed the fight up horribly- might as well try to do some of that pilot ****. You will get kills fighting, sometimes in bad situations. Unless you're flying a bomber with a tail gun, you will not get kills running away.

I'm not a hardcore survivalist by any means, but I think that surviving means killing the bad people, not just running from them.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Running
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 10:38:49 AM »
MWL,

As a former squaddie I say don't let them get to you if they call you a run-tard or ack hugger.  Fly how you want to fly.  The guys that complain of runners are the guys in the slow planes.  The guys that complain of the ho shot are the guys that are always the firs to take it.  And the guys who complain of ack-huggin are the same guys who won't fly into the field to de-ack it.  Let them fly thier way, de-tune 200 and smile... tomorrow is gonna be worse! :D
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Running
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 11:11:49 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
There is nothing wrong in using the strengths of your plane and exploiting the weak points of your enemy's ride.

I totally agree, know your plane, use its advantages.:aok
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Running
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 11:21:11 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
There is nothing wrong in using the strengths of your plane and exploiting the weak points of your enemy's ride.

This guy would know!  Words of wisdom.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Running
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »
I agree with others...  Fly to your planes strengths..  The only reason people will call you a rundweeb is to try to get you to come back.  I equate it to what my sister used to do to me when I was a kid "nane, nane, boo boo".  Her goal was to get me to chase her.  As I got older, I found that if I waited long enough, she would get close enough for me to get her, and I didn't have to chase.

Most of the top 10 ranked players are rundweebs when they need to be.  Consider yourself in elite company.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Running
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 11:30:29 AM »
Originally posted by Scca

Most of the top 10 ranked players are rundweebs when they need to be.  Consider yourself in elite company.

Uh-oh... I wouldn't necessarily equate top rank with "elite"... I know what I'm talking about ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Laciner

• Zinc Member
Running
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »
"I equate it to what my sister used to do to me when I was a kid "nane, nane, boo boo". Her goal was to get me to chase her. As I got older, I found that if I waited long enough, she would get close enough for me to get her, and I didn't have to chase."

You shot down your own sister? Man, that's cold.

(pause for applause)

Or, alternatively:

Dr. Peter Venkman: Hee hee hee. "Get her." That was your whole plan, huh, "get her." Very scientific.
UNQUOTE

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
Running
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »
i take the jugg in there out turn the hurri and show him who daddy is :aok
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
running
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 12:30:12 PM »
is a good way to lose a few pounds.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Running
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 12:31:54 PM »
I read a book by a WWII P51 pilot (can't remember which book) in which the author became squadron leader when the previous squadron leader was shot down and captured.  I'll never forger the author's explanation for the loss of the squadron leader.  Basically, he stated that his leader had forgotten the first rule of air combat, which was:  One pass, haul a**.

Now back to the original question.  There is nothing wrong with making a pass on a Hurricane in a P47 and hitting the road.  The hurri pilot would like to use the strengths of his plane against the weakness of yours.  Don't let him.  Don't let him goad you into doing it.  Turn off 200 or ignore it.  Play your game, not the other guys.  If you want to turn fight, up a hurri or zero yourself.  Otherwise thats just a formula for giving the hurri pilot an easy kill.  

Personally, I keep 200 turned off.  There is enough useless banter on the country channel for me.  I end up squelching those guys.  That's just me.  If ch 200 swagger makes you feel good, fine.  I'm not going to be a part of it.  The nice thing is that AH gives you the option of playing the game the way you like.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Running
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 12:36:39 PM »
Winning or losing is no big deal... you get a brand new plane. I'd suggest staying and attempting to try different moves, that is how you will get better. Moving out of the heat and resetting the fight is ok too. The only thing that will make you really better is to keep at it and possibly find some of the fine 47 pilots to maybe take you into the TA.

Good Luck on your endeavor!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Running
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
Winning or losing is no big deal... you get a brand new plane. I'd suggest staying and attempting to try different moves, that is how you will get better. Moving out of the heat and resetting the fight is ok too. The only thing that will make you really better is to keep at it and possibly find some of the fine 47 pilots to maybe take you into the TA.

Agreed.  Note that "attempting to try different moves" doesn't mean you have to try to turn with the Hurri, which won't work unless he's asleep.

- oldman

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
Running
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 01:10:25 PM »
Originally posted by megadud
fight em, it's the only way you'll get better in that plane. if you die then guess what you get to up a brand new plane!!! it's a great cycle. Don't be a pansy in a game, just fight. :aok

PS "reset" the fight? :rofl  that is a load of crap, if you lost once you'll probably lose again. what a load of crap, that is something a newb would say. :lol

Dont listen to this retard, hes one of the ones that wants to fight HIS fight they they were talking about. The whole point to winning a dogfight is to control the fight and make him do what u want him to do. So of coarse people are going to get ill when u wont do what they want u to do and then die.

That is where vulch tard, hoer, and runner all come into play, Fact is it is a 3d world and anything can happen.

Fight your own fight, remember dead men really cant talk back anyways;)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Running
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 01:28:39 PM »
Why do you want to scissor with anyone anyway?  If you do it means they are already on your 6 and you're trying to either shake them or force an overshoot.  It seems to me being on their 6 would be preferable.

You don't have to run.  You just have to control the fight while you still have E.  Scissoring out of the way of 4x20mm Hispanos after bleeding off your E... good luck.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »
1) the enemy in a hurricane dives on you, there is no chance to out run the hurri. you manouver in such a way that destroys the hurri's initial speed advantage and end up 800 yrds infront of him. you keep going till you get enough speed to rope.

answer: good tactics. you started at a disadvantage and WON yourself an advantage to work with.

2) you dive on the hurricane to BnZ him from a possition of saftey, the hurricane has no chance to outrun you. you make repeated boom n zoom attacks but fail to destroy the hurri. eventualy the hurri works off your E and gets 800 behind you. you run away till a friendly comes down on the hurricane then you turn back and gangbang to victory.

answer: runner. you started with every advantage and blew it. You had the chance to attack the hurri forever without being sho at, if you BnZ correctly. realising that you have lost the fight you choose to deny the opponent the kill by running away. end result is nobody gets a kill. far better to bite the bullet and try to fight, giving the hurricane enjoyment after you wasted any chance you had of enjoying killing it.

Another situation I think about is 'what was this player trying to do?'

1)If its a 190A8 and s/he makes one pass at me then bugs out, fair enough, we all like to bounce low cons from saftey and often miss. this is just a style of gameplay.

2)If its a spit16 and s/he is definitely trying to turn fight you and then loses and runs away, then thats a 'run tard'. s/he was trying to fight you with angles and turn fighting manouvers but realised s/he was outclassed, and then ran through a lack of confidence in thier own ability.

just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 01:36:27 PM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]