Author Topic: Running  (Read 9357 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2007, 07:06:38 PM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL
I am a dork and I am trying really hard to look kewl and appear to know what I'm doing.

:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Running
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2007, 07:09:32 PM »
Couple of quick things, Windlocklx.

Can one even be a preteen adolescent?

Also, your style of writing gives the impression that you're a kid- the absolutely random mix of capital letters, mispellings, excessive punctuation and all caps typing.

Just saying, that's probably not a good tack for you in this case.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:34:34 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Running
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2007, 07:19:25 PM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL

IT WAS YOUR SITUATIONAL AWARNESS THAT GOT U KILLED, NOT THE WAY I FLY, FACT IS IN THAT FURBALL YESTERDAY I SPENT MOST THAT TIME ON THE DECK, SKYROCK KNOWS THIS BECAUSE I ENGAGED HIM AND 4 P38S PRACTICLY ALONE, IT WASNT MY FAULT OTHERS CAME IN AND OUTNUMBERD THEM.

Kinda couldn't let that practically alone comment go :)  Screenshot when we first saw you and friends.  

Note 6 of you, all above us with speed.  2 Hogs, 1 a C Hog, two Tiffies, one a Tempest, a 51 and a Yak.  

The 5 38s are  only 4 38s headed out climbing and slow.  Old Sport is rtb in his hog, there is a goonie driver doing who knows what and a 190 driver so it's about even numbers with all the Rooks up high in speed burners at speed.

I think my SA was ok :)

Within about a minute, all of us who were below you are still alive, still below you and there are now 12 Rooks above us in 51s, F4Us, 51s, Temps or Tiffs, 2 Cats and a Spit, all above us with alt and speed.

None of us died when the fight was close to even numbers wise, despite the disadvantages.  But we got whittled down fast when the gang continued to grow above us.

So I don't think it was our SA that got us mugged :)

Only showing these to refute the claim btw.  Again fly how you want to fly :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Running
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
The goal is to survive.

the goal is to fight and have fun.  I could cherry pick all day long, run away from anyone who is co-alt and concentrate only on taking people out who are already engaged.  Not really fighting, not really fun, not much in the way of skillfully piloting a plane, but I would survive. This is why I dispute this claim that the goal is to survive.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Running
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2007, 08:08:09 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
realising that you have lost the fight you choose to deny the opponent the kill by running away. end result is nobody gets a kill. far better to bite the bullet and try to fight, giving the hurricane enjoyment after you wasted any chance you had of enjoying killing it.

If I wind up 800 yards in front of a Hurri, and extend away, that's not running.  I don't call 800 yards a shot opportunity.  A shot opportunity is 300 yards.  It'd be the same for a 109K4 that winds up 600 out in front of me, and simply climbs away from me.  I never really had a shot on him.  Or, a Spit that breaks as I close through 400 yards.  These are guys that use their aircrafts capability to avoid my shot.  

It sounds like you're saying that if someone gets on your six within firing range, you're supposed to just give him the kill as a reward for his achievement?  I guess all those twisty-turny planes that break just as I go to guns should just say "hey, you got me...[poof]"?

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Running
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2007, 08:13:04 PM »
200? What's that? :)

'nufff said.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2007, 08:46:20 PM »
Originally posted by Stoney74
If I wind up 800 yards in front of a Hurri, and extend away, that's not running.  I don't call 800 yards a shot opportunity.  A shot opportunity is 300 yards.  It'd be the same for a 109K4 that winds up 600 out in front of me, and simply climbs away from me.  I never really had a shot on him.  Or, a Spit that breaks as I close through 400 yards.  These are guys that use their aircrafts capability to avoid my shot.  

It sounds like you're saying that if someone gets on your six within firing range, you're supposed to just give him the kill as a reward for his achievement?  I guess all those twisty-turny planes that break just as I go to guns should just say "hey, you got me...[poof]"?

well stoney, in my view 800 yrds is the perfect seperation to turn back and remerge, or reverse the possition. If i was at 300 yrds vs a good stick i would expect to be dead.

if you are at 800 yrds you are out of gun range really, and therefore it is either running away or turning back to fight that presents itself to you.

please note: i never said running is always a bad idea, what i am trying to do is define 'running'.
 not turning back into the fight with 800-1k seperation is running, in my view.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
Running
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Kinda couldn't let that practically alone comment go :)  Screenshot when we first saw you and friends.  

Note 6 of you, all above us with speed.  2 Hogs, 1 a C Hog, two Tiffies, one a Tempest, a 51 and a Yak.  

The 5 38s are  only 4 38s headed out climbing and slow.  Old Sport is rtb in his hog, there is a goonie driver doing who knows what and a 190 driver so it's about even numbers with all the Rooks up high in speed burners at speed.

I think my SA was ok :)

Within about a minute, all of us who were below you are still alive, still below you and there are now 12 Rooks above us in 51s, F4Us, 51s, Temps or Tiffs, 2 Cats and a Spit, all above us with alt and speed.

None of us died when the fight was close to even numbers wise, despite the disadvantages.  But we got whittled down fast when the gang continued to grow above us.

So I don't think it was our SA that got us mugged :)

Only showing these to refute the claim btw.  Again fly how you want to fly :aok

Well I dont balive the right thing to do would of been to turn away because we had alt advantage, the numbers were even at start and it was not my fault more came.

The orignal post was not directed towards u to begin with, and if u note that F4U was me, and i was comming strait for u the rest of the masses was climbing.

I dont see how that screenshot prooves anything other than a normal fight in MA, there was no ganging there were tons of planes on both sides. As usual.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Running
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2007, 08:59:35 PM »
your dillusional bud.
dan got any footage of later on when you were in the spit8?
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Running
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2007, 09:00:53 PM »
well stoney, in my view 800 yrds is the perfect seperation to turn back and remerge, or reverse the possition. If i was at 300 yrds vs a good stick i would expect to be dead.

if you are at 800 yrds you are out of gun range really, and therefore it is either running away or turning back to fight that presents itself to you.

please note: i never said running is always a bad idea, what i am trying to do is define 'running'.
 not turning back into the fight with 800-1k seperation is running, in my view.

I spend a lot of time in 190A-8's.  Trying to reverse on someone chasing you at that distance makes you dead.

800-1K might be great in a Spit or something.  Not so in some other planes.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Running
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2007, 09:07:44 PM »
rubbish! im sorry but it is. I will happily turn back in a 190A8 or P51D to fight a spit16 with 800yrds seperation. If they are good enough to counter the move they deserve the kill and you deserve to hit the tower, unless you want to run away and come back with a new advantage that you already lost once.

if you are waiting beyond 1k to 'reverse' then you are not reversing. you are running away in the hopes to get some altitude and reposition for a shot. you are not shaking the bandit off your six, you are running away. A reversal implies that you start in the worst possition and turn it round to win from there, not turn it round with 2 minutes of Energy management, 10 seconds of out-flying the guy on your tail is a reverse.

the reason you do not think a 190A8 can do this sort of thing is that you never tried long enough to learn how. reversals and angles and all ACMs are the same in all planes, it just takes more skill to do it in a 190 than a spitfire.

just sayin.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Running
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2007, 09:09:53 PM »
So what is up with the chest thumping I killed so and so!!!!11111oneoneoneeleventyone stuff doing in a opinion about people running thread?

Of course we all have our moments of set "dweebery" and I am sure we all know that WarlockL is a cherry picking gangtard dweeb as Skyrock likes to put it. But these arguments and such have no purpose such as beating a dead horse. So lets get back to the topic at hand.

As for running if you know you are going to lose a fight and manage to disengage go for it. For if the person complains later just tell them to try and kill you quicker next time.

P.S. For the P40 depending on the side last night would either of been me or FlyinFin we were both in P40's last night on different sides. I myself would have been a Knight depending on the time you switched which I believe it was FlyFin since he can tear it up in that plane.:cool:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:16:47 PM by SAS_KID »
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Running
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2007, 09:17:18 PM »
rubbish! im sorry but it is. I will happily turn back in a 190A8 or P51D to fight a spit16 with 800yrds seperation. If they are good enough to counter the move they deserve the kill and you deserve to hit the tower, unless you want to run away and come back with a new advantage that you already lost once.

if you are waiting beyond 1k to 'reverse' then you are not reversing. you are running away in the hopes to get some altitude and reposition for a shot. you are not shaking the bandit off your six, you are running away. A reversal implies that you start in the worst possition and turn it round to win from there, not turn it round with 2 minutes of Energy management, 10 seconds of out-flying the guy on your tail is a reverse.

the reason you do not think a 190A8 can do this sort of thing is that you never tried long enough to learn how. reversals and angles and all ACMs are the same in all planes, it just takes more skill to do it in a 190 than a spitfire.

just sayin.

agreed
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Running
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »

just sayin.
Couldn't have said it better.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Running
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2007, 09:32:38 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Thanks Windx, that's great advice, I think, except the part that just makes you look stupid.

Nutria is WindX...don't think Warlock is.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song