Author Topic: Seperate scores!  (Read 4052 times)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »
Possibly a first...A major change to the game that everyone agrees on?

Btw, It was high time for this. :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Seperate scores!
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 02:27:32 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
Havn't been able to log on and play lately to read the official announcement... are the two LW's gonnabe scored seperate or together?

Together
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 02:36:46 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I predict eaglehrt will have three accounts, three computers and be hiding in the corner of three spawn hangers simultaneously at a VH near you.

:rofl

That reminds me...I need to go put my AH survivor island vote in.. :)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »
Originally posted by Laciner
"We'll finally see who are the nerds without a social life!

EDIT: question... in the above sentence, what is the correct form? "who are the nerds without a social life" or "who the nerds without a social life are"?"

Unfortunately you have boxed yourself into a corner. Your original formulation would pass for conventional English, but it is clumsy, not least because you should really say "the nerds without social lives". Your alternative formulation, "who the nerds without a social life are", would cause the English government of England to issue a fatwa against you. It is a betrayal of everything that Winston Churchill, Lady Diana, Lord Beaverbrook, Clement Attlee, George Best, Henry V, and Dan Dare fought for.

You could say "we will finally see the nerds without a social life!", but even that is unsatisfying. The problem is that "finally see" does not strongly imply finding something, but "finally find" is clumsy, and "finally locate" or "finally determine" sound robotic. At this point I would give up entirely. That's why I envy you, because you have the vim to actually create something, even if it is flawed, whereas I am locked into the pursuit of an unattainable perfection.

It pushed, I would scrap the sentence entirely and write either "we will find the King of the Nerds", or "some people think that flight sim fans are nerds who spend hours in front of their computers, instead of partying and having fun with girls, and also drinking. But with three separate scoring arenas, we will finally put that distorted stereotype to rest."

I'm going to proof-read this message, and then proof-read it again.

:rofl

Thank you, Laciner, you gave me good laughs :) And thanks to you, too, BaldEagl! ;)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2007, 05:15:16 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
Woot! Now I can not care about rank in 6 arenas!

but WE still care about your rank :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2007, 05:29:33 PM »
Yeah, it’s really time for the scorepotatos to wipe the I Got Milk smile off their face :rofl :rofl :rofl

It will be really funny to see who in the prev. top 10’s drop completely out due to their not wanting to show their true colors.

I think this will put somewhat of an honorable meaning on the whole rank thing even though it means nothing unless you truly are a great stick w/o the vulching, hoing, milk running, & so on and so forth, then again the only thing rank is good for is for moving CV’s around.

IT WILL BE EXTREMELY FUNNY TO SEE WHO HAS MILK ON THEIR FACE :D

cuz that would be baaaaaaaaaaad'...

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Seperate scores!
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 05:34:37 PM »
Originally posted by RATTFINK
Yeah, it’s really time for the scorepotatos to wipe the I Got Milk smile off their face :rofl :rofl :rofl

It will be really funny to see who in the prev. top 10’s drop completely out due to their not wanting to show their true colors.

I think this will put somewhat of an honorable meaning on the whole rank thing even though it means nothing unless you truly are a great stick w/o the vulching, hoing, milk running, & so on and so forth, then again the only thing rank is good for is for moving CV’s around.

IT WILL BE EXTREMELY FUNNY TO SEE WHO HAS MILK ON THEIR FACE :D

I always have the lower populated LW arena. Usually it has only around 12-20 players when I log on, so I can still get my fresh LW milk there :)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2007, 05:38:40 PM »
Will this proves that the Europeans & Australians will have alot more milk then ;)

Hiya Lusche <>

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »
Will this proves that the Europeans & Australians will have alot more milk then ;)

Hiya Lusche <>

Rightly pointed out but also include unemployed, shift workers, home workers, retired, self employed, long term sick and lastly those school kids that should be up to mischief out on the streets.

The off peak players will, as Lusche points out, can always take advantage of the low populated arena.  One notch better than off line play in my opinion:rolleyes:  but here lye's the next bone of contention about LW top scorers......time will tell

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2007, 07:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Yeah, interesting it will be.

I hadn't even thought of the "Triple Crown" effect -- I'd bet it really would be a challenge for even the most dedicated player to top the score heap in all 3 arenas.

That will be alot of porkin, even for the biggest porkers! :lol
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »

Whether this statement is true or not(no insult intended Rattfink), it would be nice to run into some of the higher ranked players every once in a while.  One on the best ways to improve is to go up against someone more skilled than yourself.  Good move HTC!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2007, 09:03:11 AM »
NO offense taken sir.  I totally agree.  But will they still be "really" the top players or were they just milking it?  This is something to be seen.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Seperate scores!
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:19 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
While I was one of the early and consistant proponents of seperating the scoring, it's funny that two days ago I decided I should post opposing it (but didn't get around to it).

Now that it will become reality, I know for my own part, that my trips to EW, while currently limited to once or twice a month will become zero times per month while my trips to MW will be limited to the minimum number of missions required to achive score in each catagory.

I now think that ultimately, this move will further reduce and limit the number of players visiting these arenas.  I fear their demise is quickly approaching and MW, at least, was fun if the numbers were decent (30+).

Besides that... two less maps to choose from playing on.

I'm afraid you could be right in the long run.  Milkrunners no more visiting EW means even less players, - on only milkers but also people hunting them.

For that very reason I though about retaining some kind of overall rank. Score & rank each arena seperately, but combine it to get some overall ranking.

For example to get overall fighter #1, you have to get a high rank in ALL three arenas, EW, MW & LW.
This could result in more actual combats in EW than we are seeing today.  Until know, many people used EW to boost their bomber rank and did fly fighters in LW only for obious reason (easier to pick there, and you are basically ruining your k/s & k/h in EW)
With a combined rank computed by adding rank # from all three arenas, (some) players would have a incentive to actually fight there.

Of course, all above thoughts are completely irrelevant to those players not caring about rank at all - in my opinion the majority of all players. ;)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Seperate scores!
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:29 AM »
WTFG HTC!:aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Seperate scores!
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2007, 10:36:49 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
For that very reason I though about retaining some kind of overall rank. Score & rank each arena seperately, but combine it to get some overall ranking.

LOL! It didn't even started yet, and the milkrunners are already whining! :D ;)

Next stop, HTC? Get ourselves rid of score at all!
Live to fly, fly to live!