Author Topic: Rate this Car II (scale of 1-10)  (Read 755 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Rate this Car II (scale of 1-10)
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 09:25:46 AM »
Originally posted by Donzo
And low production tolerances dictate quality?

They're a pretty good indication of it. If somebody can't make a fender or door panel fit correctly... why should I trust them to have high quality drive train components that require far, far more precision?

I distribute, import, and/or broker almost all brands of automotive parts. Spent way too much time in warehouses and dealerships. The short version is, it's pretty sad that I can walk around a Cadillac lot and point out dozens of production issues (unsealed windows, uneven body panels, uneven gap lines, etc, etc). There's far cheaper cars with far higher production standards, and it's a damn shame. I personally like the way Cadillac stuff looks, but I'd never buy one.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Rate this Car II (scale of 1-10)
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 09:30:08 AM »
I'll give it a 4 for the engine and powertrain alone.  Anything else is a waste.  And it's ugly.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 09:40:28 AM »
The interior is nice but its shell looks like 90% of the rest of the cars out there. And the grill is too funky for my taste.

~AoM~

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 10:41:24 AM »
To me it's ugly and over priced. I never cared for caddilac and they haven't done anything to change my mind.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 10:52:09 AM »
2nd after the Escalade? That's supposed to be a compliment? The most meaningful thing the Escalade has done is to make the spinning rim an American Icon.

As for the CTS.....All I can say is that Cadillac's niche market is self-propelled coffins for people in holding patterns for the great hereafter. Why those people would want to accelerate their passage to the next life to 150 miles per hour is anybody's guess.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:55:14 AM by Neubob »

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 12:51:28 PM »
2 out of 10.  That is one ugly car.  Why can't American designers come up with something like this?-

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 12:55:56 PM »
Originally posted by sluggish
2 out of 10.  That is one ugly car.  Why can't American designers come up with something like this?-

I think the bigger question is why can't the brits come up with something that doesn't look like that?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 12:58:09 PM »
I agree that the Aston Martin is one of the best designed cars EVER, but dont forget this one before you disgard american designers ;)

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 01:05:08 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
I agree that the Aston Martin is one of the best designed cars EVER, but dont forget this one before you disgard american designers ;)

or this-

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen

Astons are pretty, no doubt, but don't you think that the basic shape of that car is a bit used up  by now?

Jaguar and Aston have both been milking that shape for at least 10 years now, with at least 4 models... In fact, I remember a very interesting episode of Top Gear where they had a car designer come in as a guest, and was asked to draw the 'next great sportscar'. So he went ahead and drew what was basically a DB9. Seems like that all they've been doing since the mid 90s.

What gives?

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 01:44:26 PM »
Not worth the time to rate,... Cadillac/GM is making the same cars everyone else is making....many more examples, Toyota Camarys, Hondas, Nissan, Hundyas...

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 02:12:09 PM »
This is a Cadillac

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
This is a Cadillac

no no that car does not have air bags, crumple zones, seat belts , high mount brake light, anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control.

you'll put your eye out. :O

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Neubob
Astons are pretty, no doubt, but don't you think that the basic shape of that car is a bit used up  by now?

Jaguar and Aston have both been milking that shape for at least 10 years now, with at least 4 models... In fact, I remember a very interesting episode of Top Gear where they had a car designer come in as a guest, and was asked to draw the 'next great sportscar'. So he went ahead and drew what was basically a DB9. Seems like that all they've been doing since the mid 90s.

What gives?

The lead designer for Jag just came from Aston Martin who designed the DB9.  Funny thing is, Jag is doing a little better, now that it looks a little more like a DB9!  :p

I just forget his name.
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »
These are cars, not that ugly "thing" (interior looks just fine imo!)