Author Topic: Alt f4 over bases.  (Read 303 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Alt f4 over bases.
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:07:57 AM »
Of late I have noticed a lone fighter will come to a base & get it alerting then they alt f4 then fighter is gone. Now said base will alert for up to 2 hours. After a while people will stop defending it because it is assumed it is a glitch. So sooner or later a noe mission will come in & of course base taken. It may be not be a glitch in the game & it is nothing more than just some one gaming the game. Can something be done to stop this kind of play or do we just sit at alerting bases for hours on end. This alt f4 trick works on all bases, factories,ports & so on.

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
Alt f4 over bases.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 01:47:04 PM »
There is a glitch where the 'alarm' continues to go off well after enemy presence is no more.  There is also a glitch where enemy is attacking a base and the alarm is not going off at all.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Alt f4 over bases.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
There is a glitch where the 'alarm' continues to go off well after enemy presence is no more.  There is also a glitch where enemy is attacking a base and the alarm is not going off at all.

The first thing is what lyric1 described : enemy disco'es and base continues to flash

the second happens when a base is already under attack when you log on . YOU wont be able to see it flash, but people who are longer online than you do see it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Alt f4 over bases.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:21:33 PM »
i have noticed the same thing base flashing for hours on end, this gets old fast, no one there ive spent alot of time looking around  town is up,ack is up, later it is captured.
the other problem with the sirens had me thinking i was going crazy taking off headphones to see if the cops were here! i checked and it doesnt matter how far from an alerted base you are on the map  can still here the siren.
 i use the glich tiger described all the time in early war by watching the roster. i just dont think it is a glitch i thought it was a way of not letting someone sign on and killing you instantly if i sign on i go to all the bases that could be attacked and look around before i start on anything else.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 11:25:01 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.