Author Topic: Bf 109F info  (Read 14147 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »
Originally posted by -pjk--
Hmm..
Let it go dwn what comes to 109f and open new thread to pissin contest.
Seems to be personal for most eager posters;)
Nothing new or interesting, same old ...

Not personal for me.  Just pointing him out for what he is, just one more in the series of "Anything German is superior" posters that we've had here.  To his ilk, anybody who thinks that sometimes the German stuff was better and sometimes the Allied stuff was better is just biased in favor of the Allies.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2007, 06:12:04 PM »
You're such a liar Karnak

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Bf 109F info
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2007, 06:56:46 PM »
Why all the hubbub about the 109?  Anyone that knows anything about combat aircraft know that the P-38 was far superior in every aspect to any German aircraft.  There was a reason why the Germans called the Lightning the Forked Tail Devil.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2007, 08:13:29 PM »
Originally posted by Viking
I'm not conceding anything because I haven't been arguing anything; you're simply not worth the effort. You can spew your simpleton logic and rewrite history all you like. You're nothing but a troll, and everyone can see it.

LOL....

The simple truth is that the luftwaffe itself realized 109 development had run its course by the end of 1942. They were totally hamstrung by the politics involving sir willie and the realities of semi skilled slave labor. If you want to see "simpleton" I'm sure they're is a mirror nearby.

Here you are "arguing" a point the luftwaffe conceded in 1942. :rofl :rofl

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2007, 08:16:35 PM »
Originally posted by -pjk--
Hmm..
Let it go dwn what comes to 109f and open new thread to pissin contest.
Seems to be personal for most eager posters;)
Nothing new or interesting, same old ...

109F was an exceptionally good plane, my original response was simply that the original site linked went out of its way to down play GERMAN data that showed the 190A2 to be superior. It's not an unbiased overview but clearly an "affecionado" site to use someone elses term:)....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Meyer

• Copper Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2007, 10:07:10 PM »
Not worth to lose any more time.. just want to post these (Strategy for defeat -Luftwaffe- Williamson Murray)

I thought everyone knows that you can't rely on claims to figure the other sides losses, but I was wrong :rolleyes:

Anyway, if it makes you happy, sure the Lw lost a thousand planes over Kuban..

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2007, 10:29:54 PM »
The fact that the 109 scored more aircraft kills in WWII then any other fighter brings out a special kind of loathing.

Can you think of another WWII fighter that brings out so many attempts to discredit it?
JG11

Vater

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2007, 11:23:30 PM »
Originally posted by Virage
The fact that the 109 scored more aircraft kills in WWII then any other fighter brings out a special kind of loathing.

Can you think of another WWII fighter that brings out so many attempts to discredit it?
:eek: :rolleyes:

Well that is to be expected since the Germans had only 2 fighter types and had a target rich enverment.

I have a good chuckle when the hob nailed booted crowd thinks the 109 was the absolute perfection of a fighter without any faults. No a/c is perfect, yet when these faults are pointed out they get their knickers all in a knot. :(

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2007, 11:44:17 PM »
Originally posted by Meyer
Not worth to lose any more time.. just want to post these (Strategy for defeat -Luftwaffe- Williamson Murray)

[

Did you like that book?  They have it at the library, but I can't decide if it's interesting enough to invest the time in.  

Thanks.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Meyer

• Copper Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2007, 11:51:14 PM »
Hi Toonces: I always have the same feeling with Williamson Murray's work: great data, not so great analysis. But judge it yourself :p

http://aupress.maxwell.af.mil/catalog/books/Murray_B12.htm

EDIT: this is the dnl link http://aupress.maxwell.af.mil/Books/Murray/Murray.pdf

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2007, 02:14:09 AM »
Originally posted by humble
LOL....

The simple truth is that the luftwaffe itself realized 109 development had run its course by the end of 1942. They were totally hamstrung by the politics involving sir willie and the realities of semi skilled slave labor. If you want to see "simpleton" I'm sure they're is a mirror nearby.

Here you are "arguing" a point the luftwaffe conceded in 1942. :rofl :rofl

Not realizing that his troll has failed miserably, Humble continues to try to engage me in an off-topic debate. Sad that some people have such miserable lives that they have to troll this forum for kicks.

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2007, 03:21:04 AM »
I have a good chuckle when the hob nailed booted crowd thinks the 109 was the absolute perfection of a fighter without any faults. No a/c is perfect, yet when these faults are pointed out they get their knickers all in a knot. :(

I don't get why this has to be all or nothing.  Why do you suppose that people have to think the Bf-109 was God's gift to fighters in order to like it?

Do I think the Bf-109 was the best fighter of WWII, and simply owned in every way possible?  No.  Do I really like the plane?  Yes.

What's wrong with that?

By the way, I know everyone's dissing the post-F model 109s, and I haven't studied this all out in terms of real-world WWII experience, but in Aces High II I really dig the Bf-109 K-4.

I hated the view at first and felt claustrophobic, but I set up good views and got used to it, and it's not that big a deal to me anymore.  I learned fire discipline and good gunnery and now effectively use the 65-round 30mm cannon, against bombers or fighters.  And you just gotta love the raw engine power the K-4 has.

Not suprisingly, my play style with the K-4 has evolved to a vertically-oriented one, and I don't mind going head to head with any plane in the game in a K-4.

I wish I had more historical material to read about good pilots and the K-4 and what they thought of it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 03:23:38 AM by sethipus »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 05:06:37 AM »
Originally posted by MiloMorai
:eek: :rolleyes:

Well that is to be expected since the Germans had only 2 fighter types and had a target rich enverment.

Lets not forget how long it was in service.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:30 AM »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TFl8X4y9-94&mode=related&search=

I bet you have seen this already but here it is again. What is missing from this interview is Skip explaining the differences in in rudder authority between 109 and Mustang. He said that Mustang basically had to be flown directly towards the target to get a shot but in 109 you could easily just skid the plane and get that shot. Regrettably this is a shortened version but the original version is probably still around somewhere.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Bf 109F info
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2007, 05:19:54 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Lets not forget how long it was in service.

Bronk

Yes that as well.