Author Topic: Thanks to all the good attitude pilots  (Read 1391 times)

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
Thanks to all the good attitude pilots
« on: September 30, 2007, 07:32:47 PM »
I've been playing for about a month now and have had several good people help me out.  I like good fights with skilled pilots and don't care to get my butt handed to me if it turns into a good learning experience.

Slapshot handed it to me 4 times in a row one night same field. He told me what to work on and even offered to help me in the TA.

Recently I was shot down 4 times repeatedly by the same player (not mentioning his ID) and the fifth time I ran out of fuel the same time he ran out of bullets. My wingman came behind him and got the kill.  A salute was sent out to the individual that had shot me down 4 for times and my wingman got a response of "wuss"  so I didn't even bother to ask about my mistakes.  

In short - thanks to all the trainers and you guys who have filled me and others full of holes and then taken the time (realizing this is a game of fun) to help out the individual with less experience.:aok   And if you see me make a fatal error out there feel free to tell me about it after you shoot me to pieces. (If you can be humble about it)

WWM
Jay12

Offline Whitten

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:03:31 PM »
It's always nice to have someone give you tips, hints, or advice on how to improve. I know that I sure appreciate when someone devotes their own time to helping me, or even when someone so much gives me a straight and honest answer to question I might ask, rather than saying the classic "press Alt F4" or some other immature response.
Game ID: Jennifer
MA Squad: ~~~FATE~~~

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:06:57 PM »
I hope you remember how Slapshot handled himself in a couple years if you are still flying.  Then you'll have the new guys around and it will be your choice as to how you help them.

It's those folks that set the right tone helping you that make the community as great as it is.  :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 11:08:42 PM »
You seemed to have a good attitude when I was flying around you earlier in the week- that goes a long way in deciding what (if any) kind of help you get.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 11:45:34 PM »
Well thank you - sorry I don't remember but I guess you shot me down:D

And I hope I have the skill to pass it along in a year or so.  I love helping humble people that truely want to learn.

WWM
Jay12

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 01:04:03 AM »
you sure thats not Slapshoot or Slapsheep , the Slapshot
I know sucks .

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 04:11:36 AM »
The point of this game is to always offer respect.

With that comes the ability to teach and learn, to help and be aided.
So many times i see even old pilots learning new tricks, to the elder pilots i would like to say, if ever you meet a new pilot, before you dub them squeeker, no metter the age, please try to lend some assistance, for even we started young and arrogant.

The term is to "take them under your wing" you are older man "and women" who have knolage of times past, send that to the young, and make them admire and respect you aswell.

be a leader, and be a mentor, for the next young squeeker could look upto you, learn your ways, and learn respect.

and pass it unto his kind, when we are all past our 70's "no pun intended to people who are already 40+ we all love yuh." we can look back, and have friendship, and know what was done was right.

oh yeah, and drink lots of beer. :aok
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 04:25:06 AM »
The game can sure use a few more of WWM and Slapshot around.

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 07:49:39 AM »
Originally posted by WWM
Well thank you - sorry I don't remember but I guess you shot me down:D

And I hope I have the skill to pass it along in a year or so.  I love helping humble people that truely want to learn.

WWM

Thanks for the kind words WWM ... as Hub pointed out, it was your attitude and sincere enthusiasm that got my attention. If all "new" pilots approached the game the same way you are ... it would be a much better game ... for all.

I have offered others some pointers in similar situations as you were in and have been told basically to go pound sand ... go figure.

My offer still stands WWM.

Oh ... don't pay any attention to the Canadian behind the curtain ... he is all smoke and mirrors.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 08:10:22 AM »
As far as Im concerned the game is at its best when 's are exchanged and then a respectful dialogue follows discussing the engagement. It cant happen all the time cause, unless your the one shot down, you just might have your hands full and cant even return an .

I agree. There are some senior sticks, and trainers, here in AH that are a real credit to the game.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Whitten

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »
The game can sure use a few more of WWM
I totally agree :aok
Game ID: Jennifer
MA Squad: ~~~FATE~~~

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 05:04:21 PM »
Originally posted by bozon
The game can sure use a few more of WWM and Slapshot around.

just need to know who to look for. this game still has alot of these kind of people in it :aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 05:11:28 PM »
Well thank you all for the kind responses.  Whitten was actually the very first one to hand my butt to me then start me off in the right direction with training.

to you all!
Jay12

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
WWM - thats the kind of attitude which makes AH2 fun.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 06:34:21 AM »
Attitude makes all the difference.

Sorry WWM that I perhaps was not of more help. But you quickly progressed past the area that I feel comfortable teaching in. I suspect your quickly progressing past the area I feel comfortable flying in as well.  :)

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!