Author Topic: How Bout Them Cowboys?!  (Read 3536 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
And the Pats beat:
The 1-4 Jets
The 2-3 Chargers
The 1-4 Bills
The 2-3 Browns
The 1-3 Bengals

Next weeks game should be fun to watch !

For anyone to say that the Patriots are not an incredible team this season is either A)  Too blinded by their own team to admit another team is great, or B) Has no idea about the game of football.

To say the Pats are not one of the top, if not the top team in the NFL, is like saying Peyton Manning sucks, and to do that, you don't know jack about football and prolly have never played.

The Patriots win next week and its not even going to be close...The Patriots defense is playing awesome thus far, and i'll gurantee at least 2 INT's by Romo...T.O. will be T.O. and do a whole lot of nothing...Sure, he may make 1 big play on a 45 yard catch, but the remainder of his time in will be a lot of the same old; dropping balls or catching them out of bounds...

I gotta give a lot of respect to Marion Barber though...Fun player to watch...As well as Jason Witten....

For next weeks game being two 5-0 teams, I just dont think its going to be as good of a game as some people think it will be.  Very lopsided IMO and the Pats just outclass the Cowboys in every area.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2007, 04:05:07 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Honestly, after tonights performance, I think the Patriots should be a lot less worried about next Sunday...They wont though because the architect won't let them!

38-14, Patriots....

You mean the hoodie wearing unibomber looking guy they call coach?:D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2007, 05:18:43 PM »
Dallas?  Are the Cowboys still playing football?  

(Incognito Washington Redskins endurer  :noid )
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »
Dam...they won last night...lucky 2 pt conversion, lucky onside...lucky catch to get them close enough for a field goal...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2007, 06:10:23 PM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
Dam...they won last night...lucky 2 pt conversion, lucky onside...lucky catch to get them close enough for a field goal...

did you even watch the game? They failed on the 2pt conversion (not sure I would call that lucky) and it was a short pass to the flats to get them in range.

I have always been a Cowboys fan, but if it came down to betting I wouldn't pick them next week. Pats are a very good team, hitting strong in all categories right now. If Cowboys play to their potential, it should be a good game. If they play like the other night, Pats win huge.

My son is Pats fan. Sunday flying in to go to the game with a buddy of mine from Dallas that has four season tickets. Regardless who wins, it will most definitely be memorable.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2007, 08:07:23 PM »
Who said anything about the quality of the Pats?

For anyone to say that the Patriots are not an incredible team this season is either A)  Too blinded by their own team to admit another team is great, or B) Has no idea about the game of football.

To say the Pats are not one of the top, if not the top team in the NFL, is like saying Peyton Manning sucks, and to do that, you don't know jack about football and prolly have never played.

The Patriots win next week and its not even going to be close...The Patriots defense is playing awesome thus far, and i'll gurantee at least 2 INT's by Romo...T.O. will be T.O. and do a whole lot of nothing...Sure, he may make 1 big play on a 45 yard catch, but the remainder of his time in will be a lot of the same old; dropping balls or catching them out of bounds...

I gotta give a lot of respect to Marion Barber though...Fun player to watch...As well as Jason Witten....

For next weeks game being two 5-0 teams, I just dont think its going to be as good of a game as some people think it will be.  Very lopsided IMO and the Pats just outclass the Cowboys in every area.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2007, 09:44:15 PM »
It looked like you were implying that the Pats are only where they are because of the poor calibre of their opponents thus far.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »
It looked like you were implying that the Pats are only where they are because of the poor calibre of their opponents thus far.

Naa, I was replying to E25280's post. It was more of a pot-kettle thing.

Both teams have not played anyone with a winning record., but next week should be fun.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2007, 02:51:33 AM »

source
BOSTON—The Patriots organization is reeling this week following their narrow 34-17 victory over the lowly Browns, taking stock of their game-planning methods, philosophy, and indeed their entire season in the aftermath of a game in which they gained barely more than 500 total yards, came within seconds of failing to cover the spread, and scored only twice as much as their opponent.

"I think it's too early to call the season a failure," said visibly shaken Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, who was called into the office of owner Robert Kraft Monday morning and officially placed on probation in light of the insufficiently dominant victory. "I wish to extend my deepest apologies to the Patriots fans and ask them to continue supporting the players and the team. All the blame for Sunday's victory has to lie with me."
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline nickf620

• Copper Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2007, 03:17:21 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
OMFG!!! Do they know I have a heart condition?

i know i had 12 heart attacks in the last quarter

was afraid the cops would get called me and my friends were screaming so loud at 11 at night in a apartment complex
Since tour 75

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2007, 06:51:18 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
You have completely forgotten about Joe Theissman, THE WORST ANNOUNCER EVAR.

2 Minute Warning.
[cue: Dandy Don]

Nah, worst ever is actually 3.

Well 4 if you include Dandy Don

Those three would be the current Monday Night Football crew.

The crew that SHOULD be doing MNF are the ones they go to at halftime.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2007, 06:51:22 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
All of the NFC looks pretty weak compared to the top AFC teams.
Patriots 48 - Cowboys 27.

Cowboys might still end up top of the NFC, but I would suspect a similar result in any super bowl from what I have seen so far this year.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »
Hehehehe

My only regret was not seeing Jones sulking in his box. He must have gone home early.

~AoM~

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
TO got KO'ed.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
How Bout Them Cowboys?!
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2007, 07:01:32 PM »
Originally posted by BigGun
did you even watch the game? They failed on the 2pt conversion (not sure I would call that lucky) and it was a short pass to the flats to get them in range.

Yes, I watched it.

Romo threw it to TO for a 2 pt and TO caught it. Then they went for an onside and got it back. Then Romo threw it to TO to get them in range. Then Kicker got the field goal with 3 secs left.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com