Author Topic: Voice issues  (Read 305 times)

Offline RogueVW

• Zinc Member
Voice issues
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:26:23 PM »
Today in the TA "Black70 and Opitker" attempted to help me get my voice set up.  I have been back flying for 3 months or so (last time was AW3 :O ).  But no matter what they could not hear me and I could not hear them.  I have my mic config'ed in windows but for some reason it will not work in game.  I can get the channel to light up when I hit the transmit key but I cannot hear or get out on the radio ??

Any ideas, suggestions, jabs to the face ??

Thanks RogueVW

Let add a to the gentleman that helped me out earlier
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 11:24:55 PM by RogueVW »

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Voice issues
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 10:43:13 PM »
These steps usually resolve these issues:

1. Ensure the mic works in windows. Do a test recording with the sound recorder. Unmute mic, adjust gain etc, update drivers etc, if it dont work.
2. Start AH in online mode. enter into a txt radio: ".radio 5 yourgameid" - except dont type the quote marks and change yourgameid to your actual game id. And transmit on tunable radio "test 1,2,3". You should hear yourself.
3. If you can hear yourself retune the tunable radio to a range ".radio 5 3" or to another player who is online ".radio 5 anotherplayer" and say something like "radio check" and get someone to reply.
4. If its still not working, go to "Setup", then press the "Voice" button from the clipboard and check the "Use Wave In" option. And repeat steps 2 and 3.

If it still aint working try the technical support forum.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline RogueVW

• Zinc Member
Voice issues
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »
Thank you I will give it a try tomorrow

Offline reeb

• Copper Member
Voice issues
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 03:04:21 AM »
dont forget to check and make sure the mic isnt muted on your volume control.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Voice issues
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 06:55:12 AM »
If your running Vista, that could have its own issue. Check out the Vista tips page for more info.