Author Topic: Clinics?  (Read 374 times)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Clinics?
« on: October 09, 2007, 11:01:13 AM »
I have looked at the clinics calendar on the AHII Training Corps site and have noticed that each scheduled trainer is open to anything.  My question is, are there nights where trainers have a course/clinic on one thing in particular or is it always open to what the pilot needs to work on?  

For example:
Are there nights where trainers only work on formations, One night to study a plane & its limits, ACM’s, SA…

I personally would like to work on knowing the limits of planes & how best to maneuver them.

<>
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Clinics?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:46:52 AM »
Thurs night a couple of weeks ago we ran a clinic on Murdr's Barrel Roll Defense.
Attendee's were mostly my squad members, as I was the one who asked.

However murdr did put it on the calendar, and we did have a couple of guys show up. BTW if you havn't downloaded the films for this yet off the trainers site I strongly recomend you do so.  

There have been bombing clinics, basic stick setup clinics, basic flight clinics.

In short, pick a topic and see if you can find a trainer interested.  We had 4 trainers for the barrel roll clinic.

In general the high end stuff is harder to teach IMO. Things tend to be quite subjective once you get into the advanced ACM and flight envelopes.

Sounds like you might just need to catch Widewing or Murdr some night for some stick time.