Author Topic: Issues with Bullet Proof Panzers  (Read 619 times)

Offline SteffK

• Silver Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Issues with Bullet Proof Panzers
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:54:34 AM »
Has anyone else been seeing these problems?

http://www.71sqn.co.uk/Films/film132.ahf
Steff K
This is the Flag of my Country!
This is the Flag of St George!!!

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:36:55 PM »
i get that constantly on all gv's, so much so i very rarly use gv's.

worst case i had was when i was in a m4 against another m4. we both front on. i counted 11 hits with AP on him(didnt start counting till after the first few hits) and he killed me with 3 shots. i came back in a tiger and hit him 3 more times with AP (he was in the same spot to far to have re-upped). he killed my tiger with 2 shoots.

typicly i die with 1-2 hits yet i carnt get kills with 3-4. even m4 AP hitting a flak it takes 2 shoots. i no that u have to place ur shoots to get an easy kill but even if i hit the gv in the rear its still the same.

just had a thought though. in another game i played (bf1942) u had to hit the armour straight on to have the max possable damage. if u hit at an angle then the shell didnt do as much damage. is this modeled into AH2 as well? the angle of which the shell hits the gv????????????????

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:47:15 PM »
That game is very gamey. That sounds like "hit points."

In our game, it's much more realistic. Real armor dimensions and shell dynamics calculate whether or not the shell penetrates and then if it would kill the crew. If so, the tank dies. If not, the shell bounces off. Note that bounced shells have no effect whatsoever. Bounced shells have a smaller hit graphic than a penetration.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline 2BAD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:24:21 PM »
After watching that film      the one thing i find strange is the said tank
is smoking and able to move and fire gun.

Now correct me if i am wrong here guys

It's been my understanding that when a tank is smoking that either
engine is out or turrent is out or both.

I am not implying any cheating going on here but found that strange.

beyond that   that was just good gving and good luck on said tank.

Offline SteffK

• Silver Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »
I beleive your right, that was my understanding also.

I have sent this to HT, on Monday, but am still waiting to hear what is going on.

And I agree, if he is gaming the game, fair play to him. :)
Steff K
This is the Flag of St George!!!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »
I'm at work so I'm not able to watch the video but from reading this sounds like the same problem.

A squad mate and another country men wasted all their AP (M4 & Panzer) on 1 Panzer. I then came in a Typhoon an lobed all the rockets into or near it. then wasted all the cannon rounds. nothing.

2nd round had 1 1k bomb hit next to it and wasted all my canon rounds and nothing again.

Crazy thing was that they said he was shooting and running while smoking, I wasn't there to see it but they filmed it and I filmed my runs. I could see parts flying off but never tracked the damn thing or killed the engine.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 08:25:34 AM »
Originally posted by SteffK
I have sent this to HT, on Monday, but am still waiting to hear what is going on.
You won't hear back.. If you do then post it.  From what I have seen, even if it is a bug, they won't say anything.  

If I had a wish, it would be to get a response when you submit an issue.  I submitted an issue once and received no response.  As I learned later, it was not a bug, I was just pwnd.  I wish HTC would have said "We found now bug with your issue." so at least I had some resolution.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline watanna

• Zinc Member
bullet proof panzers
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 10:54:47 AM »
Bullet proof panzers.  How about bullet proof LVT's.   Sereral days ago Knits
captured a base and a smoking LVT was running around on the base.   Tigers, Panzers, T34's field guns and bombs would not kill this LVT.  Got 2 films of this.  Suddenly guy disappears.  No explosion, nobody gets kill no assists, just poof and gone never too be seen again by that name.  In text buffer a message appears  "Thanks Skuzzy"  Read between the lines.

'