Author Topic: Me-262 advice  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Me-262 advice
« on: October 14, 2007, 01:08:38 AM »
I've flown the 262 alot (mainly because I save up my perks for it and now can take it any time I want :D ) and I find that everyone wants to HO it. I like to go in low and fast when I find a fight that doesn't have many cherry pickers. I haven't really tested it out much at all, I just fly it and keep it fast.

So what are you're thoughts on the 262? Is it better with 1 notch or flaps? worse? does flaps effect it much? what convergences should I use? How do you usually fly it? How much throttle do you use when flying level, climbing and diving?

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 02:06:45 AM »
Dont ever use flaps in the 262 unless taking off or landing.

It is not meant for any sort of slow turn fighting.

You find that people want to HO you...this is because you are a target, and they correctly realize that the best shot they have at you is a head on cannon spray.

Some people swear by firing only one 262 cannon bank at a time. I don't do this, but it may help you conserve ammo.

Basically, be wary of throttle control, just as if you were working a 109 in a vertical engagement. The wings of the 262 rip off very easily when forced under the stress of multiple G's, so be careful.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 03:09:12 AM »
Use one cannon per time.Do only short bursts, fire very close.
Btw, yesterday dueled slow tnbing at 20k with pony and 38l, 262 makes some mean snapshots;)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Me-262 advice
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:43:36 AM »
If you have been mixing it up a little and you have some cons that are maybe co-alt or above you do not assume that just because you are in a jet you can go vertical and outclimb everyone.

262's main attribute is sustained speed.  Everytime i get a kill on one its because they think its safe to go up at 1.5-2k above you but it climbs like a brick.

Then when they hit the stall rather than it being controlled they will flop over and take a little time to regain control.  This is where you kill them.

use the speed and keep your SA up.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:47:27 AM »
Originally posted by croduh
Use one cannon per time.Do only short bursts, fire very close.

That's what I've been doing ever since I started flying them. only 360 rounds of 30mm to works with (more than the 163 :D ) but it's kinda hard to hit people with short bursts when they're making hard turns and eratic maneuvers to dodge you :lol .

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Me-262 advice
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 07:32:31 AM »
You will see people go in NOE in a deuce...but don't try it...if there is a big dar bar go in high. Do not use flaps, and fire in short, short bursts, try to get within -600. The rounds, when fired travel downhill (A LOT).

Your 262 may end up like this:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »
i remember a fight i had with latrobe in his 262 i was in a p47 and was just trying not to get killed i kept doing low turn reversals and was hoping hed get bored and leave me alone  on the last one he over shot under me as i rolled over on top i had a snapshot i pilot wounded him but got to wondering why he stayed in front so long, when i looked at the film i realized that he had riped his wing tips off pulling to much g trying to stay with me in the rolls, he later landed :( no perkies for me lol

too bad i no longer have the film, :D
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Me-262 advice
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 07:29:53 PM »
Originally posted by goober69
i remember a fight i had with latrobe in his 262 i was in a p47 and was just trying not to get killed i kept doing low turn reversals and was hoping hed get bored and leave me alone  on the last one he over shot under me as i rolled over on top i had a snapshot i pilot wounded him but got to wondering why he stayed in front so long, when i looked at the film i realized that he had riped his wing tips off pulling to much g trying to stay with me in the rolls, he later landed :( no perkies for me lol

too bad i no longer have the film, :D

Grammar time!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 08:41:18 PM »
In my opinion its the most dangerous aircraft vis-a-vis attacking Buffs. Ive actually been doing better against it this month, Ive downed a few and sent a few home smoking. But its an airplane that can make a "poof goes the bombers" in one pass and it simply has to be respected.

When its coming in Im starting to adopt the "do somthing, anything" school of defense. As in anything you can do to make him turn and hang up a bit. I:E: a lot of sharp little turns.

Maybe some will disagree with me here but it seems, and as dangerous an aircraft as it is, it seems a bit under-modeled in AH and cripples up a bit easier then other fighters.

Or, maybe Im wrong. Or, maybe in real life it was a bit delicate. I think the 262 brings a lot of excitement to the game, as does the AR-234, and its a credit to the AH staff that they included these exciting airplanes for us. .
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 09:08:41 PM »
THIS link shows a pretty cool 262 clip :cool:

there is no correct time to fly a 262 and youre always going to have to fly like a dweeb in it, unlikely to get even half the kills you would have got taking a prop fighter into the same types of fights.

for me the only time that is right to fly a 262 is when the price is cheap. i never have more than about 200 perks. and never land a 262 in one piece.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 10:32:46 PM »
What you talkin 'bout bat? When I'm in any prop plane I get 5 kills almost every sortie (usually die after that though), and when I use to fly the 262 alot I get 4 or 5 kills per sortie :D .

I set my convergences on my 262 at 450 and 425. Is this a good convergence or should I set it closer? or further?

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 10:40:08 PM »
i wouldnt know the only thing i ever hit in a 262 is the ground. i think mine at 300.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 06:52:09 AM »
Originally posted by Latrobe
I set my convergences on my 262 at 450 and 425. Is this a good convergence or should I set it closer? or further?

It might be more important to know projectile drop for the gunsight you're using by testing with a target at either convergence, than to fiddle too much with 25 yards difference. You have to really work at losing a 262... ;)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »
For convergence with the 262 i set one set of guns at 600 and the other at 200, one usally hits them
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Me-262 advice
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 03:38:49 PM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
Grammar time!

yea no punctuation sorry yall.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V