Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Smear Letter for sale  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Rush Limbaugh Smear Letter for sale
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2007, 02:53:08 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0
... liberals ... conservative contempt ... Kerry or Gore ...Rush ... conservative capitalist ... stupid drug addict ... liberal ideas ... Stupid, or a Liar, or a Nazi, or drug addict ... enlightenment ... nightclub at 3am just before a Taco bell run ... mute list ... I believe in freedom of speech ... unless your a liberal ... muted ... the Bill of Rights ... absolutely crazy...
Harry Reid what a piece of work ... liberal party ... Bill Clinton ... cigar.

TJ

Hyperbole thy name is T0J0? Heh :D

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2007, 02:57:10 PM »
dirty Harry Reid says it a good thing rush is doing (trying to take credit for it).

rush says send more letters harry.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2007, 03:10:28 PM »
One more time in English, please. :)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2007, 04:19:58 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
dirty Harry Reid says it a good thing rush is doing (trying to take credit for it).

Originally posted by Arlo
One more time in English, please. :)

HARRY REID:  Earlier this month, I came to the floor discussing comments made by Rush Limbaugh.  Following my remarks, more than 40 of my Senate colleagues and I cosigned a letter to the chairman of Clear Channel, Mark May, telling him that we wanted him to -- to confer with Rush Limbaugh regarding the statements he made.  I've since spoken to Mark May about this.  Mark May, in fact, called me regarding this letter.

RUSH:  It's Mays.

HARRY REID:  This week, Rush Limbaugh put the original copy of that letter up for auction on eBay.  Mr. President, we didn't have time or we could have gotten every Democratic Senator to sign that letter.  But he put the letter up for auction on eBay.  And I think very, very constructively, let the proceeds of that to go to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation.  What is the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation?  It provides scholarship assistance to children of Marines and federal law enforcement personnel whose parent dies in the line of duty, as well as health care assistance for disabled children of fallen troops.  What could be a more worthwhile cause?  And I think it's really good that this money on eBay is going to be raised for this purpose.  When I spoke to Mark May --

RUSH:  Mays.

HARRY REID:  -- I think that he and I thought this would probably not raise much money, a letter by Democratic Senators complaining about something.  This morning, the bid is more than two million on this.  We've watched it during the week.  It keeps going up, and up, and up, and there's only a little bit of time left on it.  But it's certainly going to be more than two million.  Never did we think that this letter would bring money of this nature --

RUSH:  Stop the tape here, stop the tape.  Do you see what's happening here?  This is a clever move, rather transparent, to totally take the credit for this.  Had he not sent the letter -- "we" didn't think it would ever generate this kind of money; "we" think it's great to raise this kind of...; "we" think this -- he's hoping that this is the angle the Drive-Bys will cover.  Harry Reid is taking credit for writing the letter that gets this money raised for the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation.  Resume tape.

HARRY REID:  -- the cause, Madam President, extremely good.  Now, everyone knows that Rush Limbaugh and I don't agree on everything in life, and maybe that's kind of an understatement.  But without qualification, Mark May, the owner of the network that has Rush Limbaugh, and Rush Limbaugh should know that this letter that they're auctioning is going to be something that raises money for a really worthwhile cause.  I don't know what we could do more important than helping make sure that children of our fallen soldiers and police officers who have fallen in the line of duty have the opportunity for their children to have a good education.  Think about this.  More than $2 million, this is going to really help.  And that's, again, an understatement.  There's only a little bit of time left.

RUSH:  Wait 'til you hear what's coming.

HARRY REID:  -- so I would ask those that are wanting to do more, that they can go to the Harry Reid, search -- actually go on say "Harry Reid letter," this will come up on eBay.  I encourage anyone interested in this with the means to do so to consider bidding on this letter and contributing to this worthwhile cause.

RUSH:  Hang on here.

HARRY REID:  I strongly believe that when we can put our differences aside, even Harry Reid and Rush Limbaugh, we should do that and try to accomplish good things for the American people.

RUSH:  Okay.  Put our differences aside?  Has he apologized?  He is trying to horn in and act like he's part of this whole thing, folks.  This is unbelievable!  And now he's out there soliciting contributions on eBay, and believe me, this is what he hopes, of all of the past two weeks, that the Drive-Bys pick up on.

Transcript from Friday's Rush Limbaugh show.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2007, 04:40:26 PM »
Funny, john's version of the transcript was quite different and incoherent. You *are* providing translation for john, aren't ya? :D

That being said, Rush is acting petulant? Really? :aok

p.s. Now we see what seems to be more important to Rush, and it doesn't look like charity at all. ;)

p.p.s. And yeah, I don't think congress should be trying to make Rush stop expressing his opinion anymore than anyone else. He's perfectly capable of making himself look stupid and should be allowed to. :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 05:12:04 PM by Arlo »

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2007, 05:52:09 PM »
Funny, john's version of the transcript was quite different and incoherent. You *are* providing translation for john, aren't ya? :D

That being said, Rush is acting petulant? Really? :aok

p.s. Now we see what seems to be more important to Rush, and it doesn't look like charity at all. ;)

p.p.s. And yeah, I don't think congress should be trying to make Rush stop expressing his opinion anymore than anyone else. He's perfectly capable of making himself look stupid and should be allowed to. :D

What exactly are YOU saying here?

Talk about incoherent.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2007, 05:57:53 PM »
1: john's not good at forming political posts.

2: Rush is acting all petulant over Reid pitching in to help the ebay letter for charity, which tells me charity wasn't really what it was all about for Rush.

3: No, congress shouldn't muffle political opinion even if it's Rush's (bout the worst example of gasbag there is).

Sorry, that's about as dummied down as I can make it. :D

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »
2: Rush is acting all petulant over Reid pitching in to help the ebay letter for charity, which tells me charity wasn't really what it was all about for Rush.

Then what was it about for Rush?

It was all about the charity.  To say otherwise implies that he was counting on somthing like this happening.

All Rush is doing by "acting all petulant" over Reid "pitching in to help" was point out the absurdity of what Reid was actually trying to do...and that was save face.  

Hell, the whole reason for writing the letter in the first place was an attempt to save face (the General Betrayus thingy by MoveOn.org did not make the dems look to good).  The letter backfired and Reid needed to do something to try to get in on the good side of it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2007, 06:44:01 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Then what was it about for Rush?

It was all about the charity.  To say otherwise implies that he was counting on somthing like this happening.

All Rush is doing by "acting all petulant" over Reid "pitching in to help" was point out the absurdity of what Reid was actually trying to do...and that was save face.  

Hell, the whole reason for writing the letter in the first place was an attempt to save face (the General Betrayus thingy by MoveOn.org did not make the dems look to good).  The letter backfired and Reid needed to do something to try to get in on the good side of it.

Mmmmmmwhatever. Pissed at Reid for helping. Damn you, Reid! Time to pee in neocon diaper. ;)

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
Mmmmmmwhatever. Pissed at Reid for helping. Damn you, Reid! Time to pee in neocon diaper. ;)

Reid helped?  :rofl

Please.

Are you a spin doctor by trade?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Reid helped?  :rofl

Please.

Are you a spin doctor by trade?

"I encourage anyone interested in this with the means to do so to consider bidding on this letter and contributing to this worthwhile cause." - Harry Reid

From your post. Must not have known you were helping spin it, eh? :aok

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2007, 07:12:58 PM »
Hyperbole thy name is T0J0? Heh :D

With nothing of any consequence to add to the discussion Arlo proves he has what it takes to become a Democratic Senator who can't compete in an arena of ideas.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2007, 07:14:26 PM »

Covering your bellybutton for being a twit, aka "helping"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Covering your bellybutton for being a twit, aka "helping"

Wasn't hurting, eh? But it made a beechcase. Which was more important. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2007, 07:28:32 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0
With nothing of any consequence to add to the discussion Arlo proves he has what it takes to become a Democratic Senator who can't compete in an arena of ideas.

The "distinguished gentleman" from Tampa Bay seems to be making his own case, as well. I yield the floor back. ;)