Author Topic: Average online lifespan of a AH'r  (Read 3953 times)

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Average online lifespan of a AH'r
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »
Just wondering how long most people keep their account for Aces High, not counting the 2 week trial period. (I am sure this has been covered several times in the past but I did not see anything when I looked over old posts.)  I seem to have the bad luck of getting totally addicted to a game only to have it change dramatically and diminish in the core player base. I'm sure that most responses will be from those that have been around for awhile but what about those you have flown with. Is there a lot of turnover in the squads/subscriptions? How about from HiTech and what they see as turnover, new subscriptions compared to those over a year old. Keeping an infusion of new blood is paramount to any companies’ success but how many of those new players does the game retain after a year. From what I see it should be excellent. I am hoping AH is around for a good bit longer! As I am totally hooked and have gotten 2 folks to sign up and start flying!

all and thanks for giving virtual pilots like myself somewhere to have fun. :aok
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:29:59 PM »
I've given HTC about $1,300. :D

You aren't going to get numbers from Hitech or Pyro but I did recall hearing that subscription #'s increased after the split-up of the MA.

My guess is 33% of the players base has been around 5+ years.
33% hang in for 2-3 years
33% drop out after one year

While I haven't had much fly time recently, I see all kinds of new names Business must be up.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 12:32:23 PM »
I have been a paying subscriber since November 2001. Was a paying subscriber of AW from 1999 until it's demise in 2001.

I can't see killing the subscription for a while yet. I am an addict I am afraid

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 12:49:09 PM »
6 years for me in December, with a few tours off. Eek.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 12:59:09 PM »
Originally posted by RTR
I have been a paying subscriber since November 2001. Was a paying subscriber of AW from 1999 until it's demise in 2001.

I can't see killing the subscription for a while yet. I am an addict I am afraid
About the same here with the exception that I started with the closed AOL Betas of AW. And that I never paid a dime for the AOL version of AW. :aok
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

rednex21

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 01:11:38 PM »
Y'all make me feel like a newbie.  I've only been playing for 7-8 months (started around early March of this year).  I have met a lot of cool guys that I respect and hope to meet more like them.

I don't plan on busting my account after a year.  As some one else has said...I am addicted and there is no rehabilitation:aok

Banshee7

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 01:15:42 PM »
I moved to AH as soon as EA bought AW, saw the writing on the wall.

Here since beta tour 3 with 3 months off because of work. Flatbar is my second handle because some BB poster idiots bring their politcal crap into the arenas.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 02:17:22 PM »
Im registered to the forum in 2000.I played a bit before that.Ive seen a lot of people come and go.There are also a good couple that I have seen in here steady for years.After all this time the stuff is still fun.I sometimes wonder if AH will be around when im 50 years old and what it will be like.Im 37 at the moment.

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 02:54:05 PM »
A couple Years before AH2 was released. The good ole days of UFOs, large pizzas, and beer bottles you could swim in.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 03:24:40 PM »
It's my first day!   :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 04:29:18 PM »
5 yrs at a cost of $897.00 just in subscription, not including computer upgrades, lol.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »
i would keep paying the subscription even if i played once a year. htc deserve to live well and get fat off this creation it has brought much joy to many people.

its such a good deal i dont want to get the 6 month sub at a time deal. its worth the money 12 months a year.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
Originally posted by Max
I've given HTC about $1,300. :D

You aren't going to get numbers from Hitech or Pyro but I did recall hearing that subscription #'s increased after the split-up of the MA.

My guess is 33% of the players base has been around 5+ years.
33% hang in for 2-3 years
33% drop out after one year

While I haven't had much fly time recently, I see all kinds of new names Business must be up.

Good, rough estimate I know but I figured that there was a large long term players base. If it is at 30% then that should keep the game fun and around for a long time. I did fly in the original Air Warrior years ago (AOL premium game) but did now follow it when it switched away and got sold to another company (don’t remember which one) Real life came up and did not have time to find another replacement for Air Warrior, got distracted by Counterstike, Delta Force and the poor attempt of MS of online flying with Flight Simulator. Lost interest in MS Flight Simulator when I got my private pilot license a few years ago. Just glad that I finally found a replacement for AW and AH has Air Warrior beat to spades from what I remember of it.
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 04:41:10 PM »
Originally posted by AKDogg
5 yrs at a cost of $897.00 just in subscription, not including computer upgrades, lol.

With the 6 months at a time deal, (I've bought one so far) looking forward to many more, Just spent another bundle in battery backups yesterday to prevent anymore outages like I had yesterday... and a whole lot more in joysticks, pedals, monitor, headset, TrackiR, large investment.. Hope AH is around along time.
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 04:45:43 PM »
Well, since AW, I have built 5 new systems, 3 just for AH.  Each system probably was about $1-1.5k to build each being close if not top of the line at the time of build.   Joysticks, only 3 but with 2 stick working.  I had to get 3rd for son.  The MS joysticks imop are the most reliable for the price.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/