Author Topic: Salute DoctorYo!  (Read 434 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Salute DoctorYo!
« on: February 11, 2000, 01:05:00 PM »
 I just wanted everybody to know what a good mustang pilot DoctorYo is.   Near the end of the senario last night, I saw him kill camel at the bottom of the canyon.  I had at least 8k on him when I dove down to attack him.

He evaded my 1st high speed pass quite easily, but I had WAAAAAAAAAAAY more energy than he did, and I had a wingman in a 109g10 w/ just as much E as me.  Doctor proceeded to evade our numerous passes with only taking a few hits from my cannon.  I got one of his fuel tanks leaking.  

Lucky for him he was able to ditch while I was distracted by an allied fw190 that attacked me     Still all in all it was a VERY well faught defensive fight for him.  He also had the effect of draining the last of my fuel, and I had to ditch on the crest of the eastern rim of the canyon, near f5.

I lost my gear b4 I ditched and had to make a belly landing on top of the mountain.  I bairly survived the insuing crash  

SALUTE!!!

udie

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Salute DoctorYo!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2000, 01:22:00 PM »
Ahh, that's a JG2 squaddie you're talking about !! WTG DOC!
<S> OOOOODIE!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)

"In training, upon being told it was time to
solo, the instructor said, “You tried to kill
me enough times, now try it with a check pilot.”"

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Salute DoctorYo!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2000, 02:34:00 PM »
DocYO is a class act when it comes to flying.  Ya should see him in LW airframes!  Pure wizard!  

I am thankful we are on the same team!

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Salute DoctorYo!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2000, 02:54:00 PM »
Thanks,

was a great fight off that TOD mission...

on the initial bounce I was only about 250mph,I cranked flaps and used the terrain to help limit your gun solution.. I knew I was in deep toejam when you zoomed climbed right over me to use roll to match my turn.(experienced pilot uh oh!!)

I had one chance to try to engage on you on one of your passes for a snap shot; then that pesky 109 was blowing holes in me too.

I counted 4-6 unique hits on your guys passes when I was in the air.

I had flaps, airlon, elavator, rudder dammage,  looked like my whole dammage display was red. Flying swiss cheese.

I had 1 window to ditch and I took it(cowardly instinct kicked in, I was clearly outmatched)...

Btw that 109 chopped my wings off while I was on the ground.  I think I ended that mission with cockpit/pilot seat as the only  intact part of my aircraft.

great fight to bad no film...

Regards,

DoctorYo

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Salute DoctorYo!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2000, 03:03:00 PM »
Forgot to tell you:

If you were partaking in the TOD you clearly derserve a kill tally.  Even though I ditched, my plane was destroyed.

So report to ROJO or whoever taking those stats down.

Luftwaffe intelligence thinks this guy reported to the 8th Airforce Commanders about an German 190 ace and 109 wingman.  

The word is that this pilot wants revenge next TOD mission, but reports are unconfirmed at this time.

regards,

DoctorYO

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Salute DoctorYo!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
I will take this opportunity to pass my regards to Doc.  He has intensified my already simmering hatred of 109s.

Salute Doc and Check 6!

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Salute DoctorYo!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2000, 05:59:00 PM »
so...you cranked flaps at 250 Mph??? how????? I never use flaps because they only go down when I am at less than 200mph, and I try NEVER going less than 200mph...
nay hints?
thks