Author Topic: Idea: 1 Month Free  (Read 1563 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Idea: 1 Month Free
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
the beer and popcorn was a dead give away..
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »
If you want to feel good about the monthly price...
Back when Air Warrior was hosted on GEnie, you had to pay by the hour to play. At $6 an hour, it didn't take much to rack up a staggering bill.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »
few min back i payed 13.25$  for a pack of Benson&Hedges , here in Calgary,AB . imop comparing with the cigarettes price in Canada,AH is cheap price for an adiction

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 08:41:45 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
the beer and popcorn was a dead give away..

They are a little slow on the uptake Bat:D
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 09:42:56 PM »
I can't see the name DVDA without thinking of an annabel chong movie I once saw.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 02:44:49 AM »
I was bad at it when I started and I'm still bad at it. Some minor improvements in my augering skills has been achieved. Perhaps a 4 year free trial?

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
Re: Idea: 1 Month Free
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 03:39:59 AM »
Originally posted by DVDA
then if they want to continue playing they have to pay...
Thoughts?

that's usually how business works....you provide a product or service that people want and you charge them for it.

if you can't decide after two weeks that this game is worth $15.00/month
move along sonny nothing to see here.

for pete's sake it 's 15 bucks a month.

come up with the dough or hit the road.
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 03:41:31 AM »
it takes more then a month to be any good at this game. join find a buddy in the TA or DA and you will be good in no time. pay for it.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 04:03:04 AM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
I can't see the name DVDA without thinking of an annabel chong movie I once saw.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
I didn't make it thru my 2 weeks before I ponied up the subscription. I reckon I was hooked after the first night.
I still think I suck soo bad, but every now and then I surprise myself.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 06:50:32 AM »
See ya never know what ya might catch when ya throw a line in.....
On a more serious note...

How do ya tell the dif tween a FL. redneck and AL. Redneck?????
FL. redneck drinks imported beer when beach fishin...

Gatr

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 08:36:29 AM »
I played offline 3 months, then the 2 week free, then started paying. I was addicted as soon as i heard the motor start up.:D
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Idea: 1 Month Free
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 08:46:30 AM »
Originally posted by DVDA
Well since HTC has removed the H2H arena, new players really cant get a feel (or addiction) for the game unless they start their 2 week free trial....

I think 2 weeks free in the MA is in sufficient time for rookies to get use to the game...after 2 weeks most rookies have died so much they are frustrated, then if they want to continue playing they have to pay...

I feel an additional 2 weeks will allow them to start landing kills, and really get hungry for more kills.

I see HTC is spending money on advertising/commercials, so i can safely assume they are looking to grow the community and i feel this will help

I know when i started playing Air Warrior Beta on AOL, i was killed over and over, but i kept playing because it was free....If i had to pay after just 2 weeks i would have dropped out and gone to play Aliens Online, or Legends of Kesmai instead. (Which i eventually played anyway but thats besides the point)

Thoughts?

You know, 15$ is not a lot of money.  If they don't have it, they are not going to subscribe anyway.  Two weeks is more than enough to find out if you like a  game with WWII equipment.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 09:38:17 AM »
Although 40 bucks is a tad steep, I think it would be a good idea to have a basic subscription, and a premium one.  The basic one would allow access to the TA,DA and an MA arena. The premium would allow all these and the SEA, plus a separate MA.

Im not arrogant, but I do prefer to play with people over a certain age. Most parents would see the basic subscription as a bargain and chose that one to subscribe to for their kid.  I dont think $22.50  would be too much to ask for the fun we get  out of the game but thats about as high as Id like to see it.

If it allowed HTC to hire someone tohelp speed up some additions to the game it would be a good thing.

~AoM~

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 09:58:14 AM »
Just as long as no one suggests a seperate "limited" arena for limited account users.   Been there, saw that done, and it was almost as bad a mistake as having 2 seperate flight modes to begin with.

Perhaps HTC should consider making the EW arena free to expired trial account holders for a grace period of 3 months?  This would give ample opportunity to prospective players to continue to evaluate the game, without being too onerous, or giving up the whole enchilada as a freebie.   And because it's not a "special" arena,  it shouldn't end up being an "entirely seperate community" which is something to avoid at all costs.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 10:06:08 AM »
Originally posted by ghi
few min back i payed 13.25$  for a pack of Benson&Hedges , here in Calgary,AB . imop comparing with the cigarettes price in Canada,AH is cheap price for an adiction

HOLY SMOKES ghi! Unbelievable!!! Your post made my day because it's a GREAT day to be an American in California where Marlboros are $3.65 a pack. Besides that we aren't getting ready for snow here in NOCAL unless there's an ice age forcast for the next century!

The original AH DID have a month free... My first go round was a month... the day my free time expired I  ponied up and paid. Three game ids later, Here I am again. My wife tolerates AH2 'cause it keeps me home at night!

Extend the 2 weeks... NAW, if your hooked you'll pay. another two weeks will allow squeekers that don't have a credit card to linger here two weeks longer. They can't or won't pay so why punish us with HHHHEEEEELLLLP THEEEERRRREEES AAAAAN EEEENNNNEEEEEMMMYYYY BBEEEHHIIIIIIINNDD MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! for two more weeks.

By the way do new players automatically fly bish by default? Please say it aint so!  :rofl
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 10:09:10 AM by MajIssue »
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.