Author Topic: Idea: 1 Month Free  (Read 1538 times)

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Idea: 1 Month Free
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:11:02 AM »
Well since HTC has removed the H2H arena, new players really cant get a feel (or addiction) for the game unless they start their 2 week free trial....

I think 2 weeks free in the MA is in sufficient time for rookies to get use to the game...after 2 weeks most rookies have died so much they are frustrated, then if they want to continue playing they have to pay...

I feel an additional 2 weeks will allow them to start landing kills, and really get hungry for more kills.

I see HTC is spending money on advertising/commercials, so i can safely assume they are looking to grow the community and i feel this will help

I know when i started playing Air Warrior Beta on AOL, i was killed over and over, but i kept playing because it was free....If i had to pay after just 2 weeks i would have dropped out and gone to play Aliens Online, or Legends of Kesmai instead. (Which i eventually played anyway but thats besides the point)

Thoughts?

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »
I didn't subscribe after my first two weeks... No way was I going to pay $15 a month to get my oscar handed to me. After spending a few months in H2H, though, I decided to subscribe.

I think the free H2H will make a comeback sooner or later.

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 01:41:01 AM »
they got to play for free for how long already? and you wanna give them MORE free time?

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 01:46:28 AM »
I got hooked on this game after my first day! Had so much fun that it seemed the 2 weeks wouldn't end, but it did. Payed the day my free trial ended because of how fun the game is. Unfortunatly, alot of new players don't see the game like some of us others do. They see it as real life, and they must live every fight and get all frustrated and just quit. I play for fun. :)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 01:46:55 AM »
I subscribed because I wanted a game I enjoyed (even though I sucked at it) to succeed. But now, we're supposed to pick up the tab for a bunch of noobs who aren't going to pay to play a game because it's difficult?

Don't kid yourselves- nothing in this game is free- it's only around because the subscribers paid for it. Wasting that money on people who won't pay because they can't pwn everyone and everything within 2 weeks is foolish at best.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 06:19:01 AM »
I did my trial, and a month later, did another, then paid.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline what'shisname?

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 04:49:21 PM »
I downloaded the game and practiced off-line for two months before I madeup an account to go online.  I expected online it would be more like how the military aviation community really is and not just one big free-for-all.  So, with this in mind, I wanted at least to be able to fly fairly well.  I could fly and land and takeoff off-autopilot.  Fight?  I still can't fight.

I was signed up, just one day and I was hooked and submitted credit card info the next day.

Die?  I still die too much in here.  I used to think score mattered.  It doesn't.  I just play for fun.  This is the only multi-player online game I ever tried.  Like active duty military, I love it and at the same time I hate it.  If I get too bored with same o' same o' or I get po'd too much, I take a few days off.  Game could use a few improvements and everybody here has their opinion, but AHII is just fine the way it is.  Active duty militay, you don't like it, too bad, wait 6 years until enlistment is up, then a period of insanity when you reup another 6.

Air Warrior was free?  I never played it, but knew about it late 1980's.  It was hosted by Genie, then, not free and a long distance node was too rich for me.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 04:56:42 PM by what'shisname? »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 05:03:11 PM »
2 weeks is plenty.

But I have an idea . . .
If you think they need more time maybe you can get with HT and setup some type of Pilot Fund. Then you could submit cash to HT to mentor so many pilots through 2 extra weeks each for free. Each paying customer would have the option to pay into the fund so much extra a month to support the fund.

I'd pass on it...  but DVDA I'm sure you'd be glad to pony up cause you really care about those that do not want to pay for themselves.

No need for HT to throw money at it as it will be completely and totally supported financially by DVDA and the volunteers he forms up.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 06:21:31 PM »
Originally posted by Fianna
I didn't subscribe after my first two weeks... No way was I going to pay $15 a month to get my oscar handed to me. After spending a few months in H2H, though, I decided to subscribe.

I think the free H2H will make a comeback sooner or later.

I agree that some alternative option is needed just because it is difficult for a completely newcomer to online gaming. I played 2 week trial then H2H then MA. I also don't feel HTC needs to worry about H2H being hacked, which it has been atleast 3 times.
H2H became too much of a problem but maybe eventually something will work out beneficial for everyone.
2 Week MA trial followed by 2 month h2h trial. Paying subscribers have unlimited access to MA and H2H.

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
Raise the price to $40  a month......
HTC is worth it
Clear out some SQUEEKERS.... and some others.....

:)

Grabbin a beer and some popcorn

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 06:51:23 PM »
Originally posted by Gatr

..and how much do you think I earn for my family of five? No thanks.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 07:02:37 PM »
Originally posted by Gatr
HTC is worth it
Clear out some SQUEEKERS.... and some others.....

:)

Grabbin a beer and some popcorn

That is a pretty ******* like comment. There are a lot of good people on here that would not be able to play this game if the price was that much. I am sure you would be crying to high heaven if HTC changed the price to 40$ a month. So save the self righteous, I'm better than everyone else, raise the price because only the financially privileged should be allowed to share the same skies with me, comments to yourself.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 07:58:46 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
2 weeks is plenty.

But I have an idea . . .
If you think they need more time maybe you can get with HT and setup some type of Pilot Fund. Then you could submit cash to HT to mentor so many pilots through 2 extra weeks each for free. Each paying customer would have the option to pay into the fund so much extra a month to support the fund.

I'd pass on it...  but DVDA I'm sure you'd be glad to pony up cause you really care about those that do not want to pay for themselves.

No need for HT to throw money at it as it will be completely and totally supported financially by DVDA and the volunteers he forms up.

Nicely done, sir.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 08:12:17 PM »
Lol Gatr
You'd better loosen your drag. Give em some line or else they're going to break you off.:rofl :lol :rofl
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
Originally posted by MajWoody
Lol Gatr
You'd better loosen your drag. Give em some line or else they're going to break you off.:rofl :lol :rofl

Thats the ticket. Rather than man up and admit that he said something ignorant, he should just pretend he was "fishing".