Author Topic: Don't you just hate it.....  (Read 989 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Don't you just hate it.....
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:38:51 AM »
When you have someone in a P-51 FINALLY gets far enough away from their base so you can have a good fight without the ack chewing you up, make 2 turns, get on their 6, then they dive out, run for their ack, THEN when you still manage to take their tail off they Alt-F4 so you don't get the kill?

I'm pretty sure I know who it was but I didn't film it so I have no proof. Pretty lame game play to me though.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 07:25:42 AM »
I guess you are a victim of your signature. :)

Ya, kinda like one of the highest ranked players who won't move off the pad in an osti so they can tower out when the bombs fall or they get pinged and not get a death.  Same guy only picks and vulch's and is never without a wing man.  

I guess timidity is required in order to obtain that illusive #1 rank…  For me, it's not so much the kill, it's the thrill of the chase. (I guess that falls into the "It's my $15, and I will play like I want to.")
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

storch

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 08:27:49 AM »
timidity reigns supreme in AH.  I'm thankful for the occasional player who wants to fight and doesn't give a rip about score.

last night I went to a bishops base in a 190A8, fought about 6 tardlings in spixteens while in their ack only to be picked by a player in an La7 who promptly PM'd me with a "take that you dweeb" message.

since society is now completely brimming over with effeminates why should this game be any different?

to those who do not run but remain and fight.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 08:49:28 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
I guess you are a victim of your signature. :)

Ya, kinda like one of the highest ranked players who won't move off the pad in an osti so they can tower out when the bombs fall or they get pinged and not get a death.  Same guy only picks and vulch's and is never without a wing man.  

I just want to make sure there is not confusion here.  He is NOT talking about Zazzen.

BTW, you will get the kill eventually.  You just have to stay alive for 30 seconds or a minute but if you ping them and they disco, you do get the kill
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 09:44:49 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I just want to make sure there is not confusion here.  He is NOT talking about Zazzen.

Zazen does not vulch, ever!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »
Originally posted by storch
last night I went to a bishops base in a 190A8, fought about 6 tardlings in spixteens while in their ack only to be picked by a player in an La7 who promptly PM'd me with a "take that you dweeb" message.

Good for you Storch.  I've been working at fighting within the box (1.5-2K max seperation) in the A-8 recently.  Fought a Spit and an F4U twice a couple of nights ago, fought a Ki-84 and later a Hurri IIC both on the deck last night.  5 kills/1 death (it was by the Spit).  Who says you can't fight TnBers with a FW190A-8?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 10:05:06 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Zazen does not vulch, ever!

I tried to avoid the confusion but it did not work :rofl

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 10:16:30 AM »
Last night I was in a spit 9 flying over a gv fight to kill some enemy planes. Saw a yak come in co-alt with me so I decieded to engage him. It was the normal begining fight, I was going Head-On with him and he was coming Head-on with me. I saw him diving a little so I thought "This might be a fun fight". He went underneath me like I thought he would, I immelmaned and saw him run right into the gv fight and strafe a tank at random! So I followed him, he turned around and I thought "OK so now he's going to fight. He didn't. He just went right by me and ran to the nearest friendly field (enemy field to me). After about 10 minutes of ack hugging I was able to drag him out of the ack only to reverse him in one move and watch him run from 5 minutes until I gave up with little fuel left. While landing I did get an assist on him.

If you're a noobie and know you won't win a fight, fight anyways. You'll learn something from it.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 10:21:02 AM »
Don't know him, but how does someone only have 8 deaths in an entire tour?  Something smells fishy.
(Can you say gamer, cause he certainly isn't a "player")

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 10:29:52 AM »
Don't know him, but how does someone only have 8 deaths in an entire tour?  Something smells fishy.

Oh boy, this going to be a joke gone bad thing, :rofl

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 10:35:58 AM »
He likes to fly as a survivalist, and he's good at it!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Re: Don't you just hate it.....
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 10:48:24 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
When you have someone in a P-51 FINALLY gets far enough away from their base so you can have a good fight without the ack chewing you up, make 2 turns, get on their 6, then they dive out, run for their ack, THEN when you still manage to take their tail off they Alt-F4 so you don't get the kill?

I'm pretty sure I know who it was but I didn't film it so I have no proof. Pretty lame game play to me though.

If you took their tail off and they hit alt-f4, you'd get kill... period. Either your story is inaccurate or you are mistaken.  :)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Don't you just hate it.....
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
If you took their tail off and they hit alt-f4, you'd get kill... period. Either your story is inaccurate or you are mistaken.  :)

Maybe not.  I posted this in the bug reports forum this morning:

Last night I was turn/E fighting a Hurri IIC on the deck in a 190A-8. I got a great deflection shot on him raking his fuselage from stem to stern. I was surprised that didn't take him down though. A few minutes later I got saddled up on his six and detached his wings for him. I didn't even get an assist. I asked and a countryman flying nearby who never engaged or fired a shot got the kill.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline RogueVW

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 12:22:41 PM »

BTW, you will get the kill eventually.  You just have to stay alive for 30 seconds or a minute but if you ping them and they disco, you do get the kill

What do you mean by Disco ??  sorry honestly dont know.......

And if you ever run into me I can assure I dont care about the score, hell I dont even know what my score/rank is....lol  I am here for fun !!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 12:40:29 PM »
Originally posted by RogueVW
What do you mean by Disco ??  sorry honestly dont know.......

And if you ever run into me I can assure I dont care about the score, hell I dont even know what my score/rank is....lol  I am here for fun !!
Disco is short for disconneted.  You know, like when your DSL craps out because your roomate sucks the router power cable into the vacuum...  Discos are tracked on the scores page...

I too wondered about this term when I started a year ago.  I thought it had something to do with "not dying", queue the Bee Gees music.

ON EDIT: I checked, you have been disco'd 4 times this tour...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:43:55 PM by Scca »