Author Topic: Don't you just hate it.....  (Read 980 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Don't you just hate it.....
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 12:41:46 PM »
Originally posted by RogueVW
What do you mean by Disco ??  sorry honestly dont know.......

And if you ever run into me I can assure I dont care about the score, hell I dont even know what my score/rank is....lol  I am here for fun !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco :D

Or a Disconnect :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »
Originally posted by storch
timidity reigns supreme in AH.  I'm thankful for the occasional player who wants to fight and doesn't give a rip about score.

last night I went to a bishops base in a 190A8, fought about 6 tardlings in spixteens while in their ack only to be picked by a player in an La7 who promptly PM'd me with a "take that you dweeb" message.

since society is now completely brimming over with effeminates why should this game be any different?

to those who do not run but remain and fight.

This is just one reason I quit playing back in Feburary, it just got to much and fustrated me and decided I need a long break.

Latrobe's example is another reason

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
Originally posted by Scca
ON EDIT: I checked, you have been disco'd 4 times this tour...

I have 1 disco this tour :D

Checked all previous tours and most discos I ever had was 34 back in tour 78 :lol

Offline gobucks

• Zinc Member
whats wrong with that?
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »

Ya, kinda like one of the highest ranked players who won't move off the pad in an osti so they can tower out when the bombs fall or they get pinged and not get a death...  

Whats wrong with that.  If I tower out to save my score and someone complains about it, calling me a score potato.  Doesn't that make the person who dropped the bombs a score potato for being upset they didn't get a kill.

Sounds alot like a pot/kettle/black situation.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: whats wrong with that?
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 03:11:04 PM »
Originally posted by gobucks
Ya, kinda like one of the highest ranked players who won't move off the pad in an osti so they can tower out when the bombs fall or they get pinged and not get a death.  

Whats wrong with that.  If I tower out to save my score and someone complains about it, calling me a score potato.  Doesn't that make the person who dropped the bombs a score potato for being upset they didn't get a kill.

Sounds alot like a pot/kettle/black situation.
Selective quoting, I love it.  Here is the whole thing...
I guess you are a victim of your signature. :)

Ya, kinda like one of the highest ranked players who won't move off the pad in an osti so they can tower out when the bombs fall or they get pinged and not get a death.  Same guy only picks and vulch's and is never without a wing man.  

I guess timidity is required in order to obtain that illusive #1 rank…  For me, it's not so much the kill, it's the thrill of the chase. (I guess that falls into the "It's my $15, and I will play like I want to.")

You missed the most important part and point of my post. "I guess that falls into the 'It's my $15, and I will play like I want to.'"

FWIW, being sent to the tower is part of the game.  To reference another post of mine, there are gamers, and there are players.  Those who .ef when the going gets tough are gamers, I sir am a player.  A player takes the good with the bad and doesn't resort to "gamey" tactics (including Alt-F4) to preserve their precious score.  Gaming the game only proves you are a better gamer, not a better player.  Working to improve your play, so the bomb doesn't hit you is playing.    

It's not a pot/kettle/black situation, it's your $15, play like you like.  If you tower out when my bomb is falling, then I don't get upset, I feel sorry for you and count it as a victory that isn't on the scores page.  A victory far sweeter than any other found on the scores page honestly.

To your score potato comment and to ranking in general:  If I see you take your licks like a true player, and you were STILL top ranked, then you earned it.  If you are top ranked and take the girlyman way out (gaming the game because you made a mistake), then I have no respect for your rank, it's a sham, and not worth the bits and bytes it's made of.

That being said, I may not be able to beat them now with only a year under my belt, but in due time, my playing style will overcome their gaming style so when we meet in a 1v1 setting (1v1 is not likely with many of these folks, but I can dream), I will prevail a majority of the time.  

To me, playing the game is the measure of success in this game, YMMV.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline gobucks

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 03:29:11 PM »
Roger that,

No worries Scca.  Just yanking your chain a bit.  All your points are correct, especially about the selective quoting-LOL.

I think I am just bitter cuz you killed me twice the other day.  

One more point about your name-is it for Sports Car Club of America?

If so, do you race?  I used to crew for a Formula 500 team.

All the best,

Bass

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »
Originally posted by gobucks
Roger that,

No worries Scca.  Just yanking your chain a bit.  All your points are correct, especially about the selective quoting-LOL.

I think I am just bitter cuz you killed me twice the other day.  

One more point about your name-is it for Sports Car Club of America?

If so, do you race?  I used to crew for a Formula 500 team.

All the best,

Bass
No worries..  
Not sure why I don't remember killing you.  I should it doesn't happen often.  Bass nor gobucks has a score, but I am old, so it's no suprise I don't recall it.  

off topic - Yes, it is what you think. I am part of the rescue crew for a local road course.  I am betting you have been to Mid-O being as you are from that part of the country.  I worked two Runoffs events there, nice track.  It's also nice country out there, my ex-outlaws used to live in that area.

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
He likes to fly as a survivalist, and he's good at it!

OH KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!! someone flying to survive say it isnt so skyrock;)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »
Then again, there are fellas who will fight like crazy.

Last night I came across JG in a 109G6.  I was in a N1K.  I saw him as a dot off my right wing, checked radar and realized he was an enemy.  We were on his side of the furball, but a bit separated from it.

Anyway, I decided to engage and flew out to him.  At icon I saw he was a 109G6 and he was probably a good 2k below me.  We went a  turn or two and then he appeared to be diving out.  Not a bad move, imo, since I felt that I really held all the advantage in plane and altitude.  I didn't chase him down and I pulled up the map to find my course back to the furball.  A few seconds later I closed the map only to see him charging in from below, about 800 out.  I did some turny stuff, and somehow hit him on a quick deflection shot, took off one of his elevators, and he spun to his death.

Me, I wouldn't have stayed in the fight if our roles were reversed probably.  I suppose it depends.  I'm not very good in the G6.  But this guy not only mixed it up, but came back for more, and from a disadvantaged position.  

There are good fights out there, and some very aggressive players.  I try to walk that middle ground as best I can.

JG
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 07:42:03 AM »
Toonces3, I too try to play the middle ground...  

I had another incident Saturday with last months top ranked fight jock.  I came into a fight and found a co-alt 51 and decided to engage.  The 51 makes a pass which I ducked, and took chase.  As he "extended", another con was hot on my tail.  I decided the 51 was a sissy and since I didn’t have a chance at catching him in a Seafire, I turned to engage the F6F.  No sooner than I got guns on the F6F, the 51 comes blazing in.  Once I was down, I realized who it was.  

I was a little frustrated that someone who is "so good" ran from my little Seafire.   What I did learn that morning is it’s not always about a pilots skill, it’s about tactics.  That mornings tactics lesson was fly a fast plane, stay way above the mess, wait for a con, run away while your team mate engages, then swoop in for the kill (rinse and repeat).  If things get too hairy, use your fast plane to run to your base or another group of friendlys.