Author Topic: Host Connection Lost  (Read 654 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »
owwwwwww well in that case let that be a lesson LOL my appologies then.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 09:43:35 AM »
Don't know if any of the replies were directed at me but please note that I directed my request to Al gore who claims to have invented the internet.
Yes, I was being sarcastic.
HTC is a top flight outfit in my opinion, but what do I know, I'm a noob.
:aok
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 05:12:59 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
The problem is on the return trip.  It looks like AT&T might be the culprit.  I have filed a toruble ticket with them.

Skuzzy,
Have you heard anything else with this as of late?  Was just wondering and with the server switch I was crossing my fingers and wishing things might be fixed but then realized it isn't on your end, it is just the return trip that is killing me.  Was just wondering... thanks!
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline MrTaipan

• Zinc Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 01:34:46 AM »
Yep same prob here. But what struck me as curious was in the blue and dueling arena I can change bases and go to the Hangar in seconds but in the orange arena it can take several minutes ending up with a boot out of the game - lost host comnnection. If I immediately go to Dueling arena it works fine... go back to orange dead as a dodo. It could be fluke but I thnk some thing deeper happening here.

Ping plotter results show fairly consistent 250ms access with the odd nodes blowing out causing a spike occasionally (roughly once a minute) but returning to 250ms in a few seconds.

Im usually pretty good at figuring these things out. But this one has me stuffed.

Could it be ports and firewall issue. range 2000-4000 both UDP and TCP, bludy hard to manually enter them all. Is there a more specific list or is there a way to limit port use. Turning off firewall had no effect, but with the plethora of anti virus spyware etc it could be an interference with one of these "must use" components. When I change to Warbirds I dont seem to get the problem. Love your game but its hard to play 30secs at a time. Occassionally I can get 15 -20mins before Im booted, but not often these days.

Last thing, Aces High seemed to work well before I reinstalled AH2113.EXE

Offline MrTaipan

• Zinc Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 02:08:52 AM »
Here are the Ping Plots, btw Im running XP SP2

It would appear mdf1-bi8k-2-eth-2-6.dal1.attens.net is a bit problematic