Author Topic: General Climate Discussion  (Read 82706 times)

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
Re: General Climate Discussion
« Reply #1560 on: June 24, 2008, 10:07:23 AM »
I know that I have posted this before.  CO2 is produced by every living animal in the form of exhaling your breath.  Basic science class in the first few grades taught us that through photosynthesis, plants use carbon dioxide and turn it into oxygen.  How can too much CO2 be an issue if it is used by all plant life on earth?   Wouldn't the key to solving this issue, be to plant more trees and gardens?  I personally think that this is all a bunch of bunk.  History shows that the earth has gone through natural ebbs and flows in climate change.  Prime example.  Take a look at Minnesota.  That whole state was carved by glaciers thousands of years ago.  Those melted.  Did anyone sue the caveman for his aircondition cave or for having the fire too big?  Did anyone sue the bedouin when the Sahara desert expanded and bagan to cover northern Africa?  How can NASA sue anyone anyways?  If they want to go after CEO for this, than what about the pollution created by a shuttle launch?  Why are we turning into such a sue happy society? 
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1561 on: June 24, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »
Why are we turning into such a sue happy society? 

I think it all started when Johnny Cash came out with A Boy Named...................Sue.

The suit will get tossed. Lame attempt at sticking bubble gum in a whale size hole of a sinking cruise liner.
The scam is falling apart and they know it.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1562 on: June 26, 2008, 04:28:05 PM »
Laugh as you like, the Ice mass and thicness does not go by remote vote.
Us up here have no trouble seeing what's up.
And no gum will fix this...

Oh, as promised BTW, I did break my records not only with early seeding, but also in early harvest. Might turn out that I actually know what I'm speaking off.

Oh, and for the source...soft version of the news...

Here:

http://www.natturuverndarsamtok.is/loftslagsbreytingar/page.asp?ID=2559

It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1563 on: June 26, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
.........................whil e the Hubbard glacier gains mass.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #1564 on: June 26, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »
Waky waky!
The newest of all news from the northern Icecap is that despite a reasonably cold winter, as well as conditions that should mean "cold", there is an all out record in the maps with the low icelevels.
It is now expected that the melting might be complete (for summertime) in as little as 10 years.
i.e., no cap in 10 years, just some ice bobbing about here and there.

Well, if all indicators show that the winter was cold, including the temp, yet the ice was melting , then it would lead you to believe something else might be too blame!! i mean if conditions were for  cold , and it was cold and we thought it would be cold, and it was , then it must be melting from some other reason, say under water? or space alien rays after all we are only supposedly responsible for global warming, not internal global warming!
if it ain't coming from the top then it must be coming from underneath!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #1565 on: June 26, 2008, 09:58:16 PM »
before the flood was not raining as described in the Bible, the water was in atmosphere and  this warming may cause the oceans to vaporize again,leading to the same conditions like in the beginnings,  John in Revelation 21.1 has an interesting prophecy:

Chapter 21

"1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. "
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:00:27 PM by ghi »

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1566 on: June 27, 2008, 04:40:56 AM »
Well, if all indicators show that the winter was cold, including the temp, yet the ice was melting , then it would lead you to believe something else might be too blame!! i mean if conditions were for  cold , and it was cold and we thought it would be cold, and it was , then it must be melting from some other reason, say under water? or space alien rays after all we are only supposedly responsible for global warming, not internal global warming!
if it ain't coming from the top then it must be coming from underneath!

It grew in the cold period, but it didn't make up the melting in the warm period. The warm period has now done more than nullify the growth.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1567 on: June 27, 2008, 07:47:24 PM »
News update.
The N-Pole is now expected to be clear of ice....in September.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1568 on: June 27, 2008, 11:38:53 PM »
Oh, as promised BTW, I did break my records not only with early seeding, but also in early harvest. Might turn out that I actually know what I'm speaking off.

Curse that blasted sun. Wait, this was bad right?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1569 on: June 28, 2008, 04:22:07 AM »
Yes, since sun activity is nothing phenomenal these days.....bad bad.

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #1570 on: June 28, 2008, 04:26:05 AM »
News update.

And...?
The earth is still cooling.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #1571 on: June 28, 2008, 07:34:30 AM »
News update.
you get your news from,,, the onoin,,, right?
http://www.theonion.com/content/premercial?target=L2NvbnRlbnQvaW5kZXg=
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1572 on: June 28, 2008, 08:34:55 AM »
Onoin???? no idea what it is.
As for the "earth" on the map, the trained eye will see this is a map of the USA.  :devil
The N. sea Ice is as big....depending on season. And there is no contest with the energy at work to either warm air or melt ice. Rough guess is tenfold....?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1573 on: June 28, 2008, 09:40:33 AM »
Since some of us seem to be intent on burning our food in our cars, and the world population is continually growing, and people still like to eat, it seems that longer growing seasons are probably a good thing. Maybe it's just me?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1574 on: June 29, 2008, 09:54:51 AM »
Probably, for with the finest growing areas moving north and south, they get smaller. And the sea will yeald less due to i.e. less possible saturation. So, in short, what's coming from under the ice, and slowly, is barren rock, while we are beginning to "loose" very good areas.
Swings in the whole eco-system of plants and animals are also going to give a downswing at first.
Try solving the riddle of declinine of U.S. Bees, and look at the effect.
(my guess is that it's actually not GW, but the effects are more than just honey....)
For a country like mine BTW, a little warming is just fine :D