Author Topic: General Climate Discussion  (Read 82729 times)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Re: General Climate Discussion
« Reply #1695 on: July 16, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
Lazs, what really is based on exponential math is growth. Each year, GNP is expected to grow by a certain percentage, if it doesn't grow as expected the economy start to falter. What is proven with arithmetics is, that the economy can not continue to grow forever, while people expect it to. It's a false expectation, as what is driving the economy is raw materials, natural resources. These resources (primarily oil) are finite, a supply bound to run out.

It's all very very simple. See the above post, we have to change something. If we don't, something will change anyway whether we like it or not. Like Dr Bartlett points out to us, we do have the option to change things before it starts to slip out of our hands. Once it's slipped away, we will not be in control any longer and nature will have it's course whether we like it or not. It's not a matter of change or no change, change will happen. It's how that change will happen that we may have some say about, if it's not already too late.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1696 on: July 16, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »
well.. I guess you didn't get it.. probly my fault.

What exponential depends on is the simple math.. that everything but what they are focused on stays the same.. that no variables exist.    it is a straight.. and narrow minded and narrow focused math exercise with just enough boogie man and doomsday thrown in to reel in the women and womenly men.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1697 on: July 16, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »
so who's point are you trying to prove?   the math is not even a possibility since..   the only certain thing is change.

I say the same thing to this loon as I say to the global warming loons....

Tell me what will happen in 5 years.. exactly tell me what we will run out of in 20 years.. tell me what will happen one year from now.

If it was all that simple all these "scientists" would have cornered the world markets in everything since finance should be childs play for such great seers who can deal with all the variables of mother nature.

lazs

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1698 on: July 16, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
I give up lazs, your posts really prove that you understand nothing of this. There is no point in discussing it with you.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1699 on: July 16, 2008, 03:15:41 PM »
Here ya go. Enough here to keep even the most bored DOOMSDAYER mind occupied and biting the pillow at night.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.07/doomsday.html

Pick one. Build a shrine, have a plastic statue made to mount to your dash.
Nobody leaves here alive.
We are DOOMED! All DOOMED I tell ya.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #1700 on: July 16, 2008, 04:29:40 PM »
Here it is in simple math Lazs

World Oil Reserves = 1,317.447 billion barrels / information from the  US DOE
WOR = 1,317,447 million barrels

World Oil Production = 80+- million barrels per day / from the US CIA

Time left to end of production (keeping use constant and no more huge discoveies)(China has seen huge increase of oil use in the last 5 years likewise so has India)

(1,317,447/80)/365= 45.118 years :O

At the rate of use today we will be out of oil in 45+- years. This may not happen but 20 - 25 years from now there could be great shortages :aok

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1701 on: July 16, 2008, 04:45:32 PM »
And shortage means the price goes up. Not just on oil, but anything that depends on oil.

Doesn't matter anyway, the doomsday sayers here probably have it right, that we'll al be dead from recent underseas volcanoes topped by huge ocygen starved underground coal fires.

Yes, the devil is at work, so pray and keep yer guns loaded  :devil :devil :devil
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1702 on: July 16, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »
only problem though is that you can't eat guns :aok

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1703 on: July 16, 2008, 05:59:35 PM »
Well, the problem is not that oil will run out (it probably won't). The real problem is that the price of oil will go up, significantly. To a level where we can not sustain our current way of life. People will have to walk or take the bike to work, perhaps a train if we have electric power.

The price of oil can reach absurd levels without oil ever running out.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1704 on: July 16, 2008, 06:12:06 PM »
Well, the problem is not that oil will run out (it probably won't). The real problem is that the price of oil will go up, significantly. To a level where we can not sustain our current way of life. People will have to walk or take the bike to work, perhaps a train if we have electric power.

The price of oil can reach absurd levels without oil ever running out.

Exactly :aok :aok :aok

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1705 on: July 17, 2008, 03:50:40 AM »
Me thinks it will....almost. Well before however, it will be unbearably expensive.
And that isn't even complicated science.
In that,,,,close future, we should be able to see if all those fumes make a difference...
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1706 on: July 17, 2008, 04:19:50 AM »
It is interesting times Angus.  :)

Potentially about 5 billion people on this planet are surplus. How that problem is to be solved nobody knows, but I think some governments are working on it behind the scenes.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1707 on: July 17, 2008, 04:41:06 AM »
only problem though is that you can't eat guns

Only flaw in that is as long as I have a gun I will eat.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1708 on: July 17, 2008, 05:21:30 AM »
And eat raw, muhahahaha  :devil

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1709 on: July 17, 2008, 05:23:42 AM »
And eat raw, muhahahaha  :devil

Once again Angus, if you ever find yourself without fuel for cooking then you have far more worries than you have mentioned here.  :devil