Author Topic: "lessons learned from Katrina"  (Read 2058 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
"lessons learned from Katrina"
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2007, 12:37:21 PM »
what about the NE power out a few years ago? I don't remember hearing about mass looting or riots, in fact wasn't it generally "calm" people sitting in bars just hanging out?
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2007, 12:37:25 PM »
If we want to look at this from a scientific standpoint, we need to examine the psychology of the situation.

People who do not mind breaking laws, and who use other people to their advantage are termed Anti-Social.  People missuse this term in everyday language, but an anti-social person is someone who does harm to society (wikipedia it for the full definition).  Criminals are anti-socials.  Now a person can be genetically predisposed to be anti-social, or if they grow up in a poor and violent neighborhood, they can pick up the traits from their environments.  In the Katrina situation, the people who didn't leave the city were those living in the poorest neighborhoods and projects.  So right there basically gives you double the rate of anti-socials running wild (genetically predisposed folks + those who picked up the traits from living in violent neighborhoods).  On top of that, once normal people see the anti-social looters looting, they want a piece of the pie too.  So basically it was a positive feedback system (snowball effect).  The anti-socials started looting, regular people began too, and the cops were somewhere in there too.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2007, 12:39:50 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
what about the NE power out a few years ago? I don't remember hearing about mass looting or riots, in fact wasn't it generally "calm" people sitting in bars just hanging out?

Nothing happened. People just sat in the dark. (yawn)

<
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2007, 12:47:39 PM »
Originally posted by JB73

it is said that there was a surge in the birth rate 9 months after the blackout.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »
the lesson... don't put a horse commissioner in charge of a federal emergency program.

as for the negros and riot issues... i guess it is the same reason you can't have a decent basketball or football game with out them either.

it seems blacks have more testosterone and are today's gladiators... that's why white guys like to carry to even the playing field.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2007, 08:48:10 PM »
Originally posted by Torque
the lesson... don't put a horse commissioner in charge of a federal emergency program.

as for the negros and riot issues... i guess it is the same reason you can't have a decent basketball or football game with out them either.

it seems blacks have more testosterone and are today's gladiators... that's why white guys like to carry to even the playing field.

or... don't depend on the feds to take care of you in the event of an emergency. I also won't put my life in the hands of local government though I do trust them a lot more than the feds.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop

SO thats how yall are....First sign of a slow down and off yall run. Fine!!!!

:) Was still keeping an eye over here too. Here on a smoke break. :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2007, 11:53:28 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
you might see one white guy looting but for every one you will see 30 negros doing it during katrina.  

What made it worse was seeing the negro police looting.   They were wheeling shopping carts around walmart to empty it.

I don't say every white guy had a reason but... I don't see  that guy with a shopping cart full of tennis shoes..  the local stores that were abandoned did say that people who needed food and water could take it.  essentials..

the negro police looting were loading up dress shoes and clothes.

and the rapes... and the muggings.. how many whites were involved with that?

nope... some races just go feral faster than others.

lazs

Could also be becasue it is a black city,  and a mostly poor black city.

Bu that would make to much sense.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2007, 11:57:49 PM »

Must be the whitest black guy i have ever.

Riots at msu after a game

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2007, 03:58:22 AM »
Maybe he should have been sent to the fray :D

It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2007, 11:01:25 AM »
LOL...  I agree with torque to some extent.  It is also fortunate that negros can't shoot for crap.    negros do tend to go feral faster than most races.. whites cling to tools.. we are good with tools and like them.  mess with us and we will get all  technical and tool weilding on ya..

whites like tools.  we use em with little discrimination tho.. negros in the US are 7 times more likely to attack whites than vice versa.. we don't attack much of anyone as a rule... by comparisson.

I think it funny that people show pics of a few whites (all very young btw) acting almost... well.. negro.. and say "see, all races do it"

It is like you ignore that 1/10 of one percent of one race do it while half of another do it and say..."see.. they are the same"   Who does that really fool?

anyone?  hardly.. all of us know what will happen in the negro neighborhoods.. the only shock is how little it takes to set em off.. to make em go feral.

lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »
Feral? I guess that's a good a description as any for unrestrained looting/rioting. I don't believe it has anything to do with race though. I think it has all to do with a culture and society. If someone is raised to have no respect for authority or other people in general then chaos will reign in the absence of external pressure.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2007, 06:58:32 PM »
akiron, ironic how you suggest that one should not depend on the feds... so how does that square with being pro war in teh middle-east?

laz... you're the one that consistently whines that everything is not feral enough for you... the redundant thesis to your argument is that 'whitey has been overly domesticated'.

so now you're complaining that blacks are too feral... what gives?

are you really a negro... born paradoxically whitegro... from the waiste up?

but surely whitey got what he asked for eh....after a few centuries of lynching the smart ones and breeding the strong ones for the cotton fields.

what did they expect on down the road... other than whitey would end being the black man's biatch on the testosterone totem pole. even jefferson and other slave owners couldn't force themselves on enough innocent black women to offset the trend.

mistakes made long ago so other could benefit financially... now you have to pay the price and watch tigers woods get all technical with tools.

cry me a river... whine all you want about stats... but you offer no solution.

geeze.... that sounds familiar.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2007, 07:16:56 PM »
Originally posted by Torque
akiron, ironic how you suggest that one should not depend on the feds... so how does that square with being pro war in teh middle-east?

laz... you're the one that consistently whines that everything is not feral enough for you... the redundant thesis to your argument is that 'whitey has been overly domesticated'.

so now you're complaining that blacks are too feral... what gives?

are you really a negro... born paradoxically whitegro... from the waiste up?

but surely whitey got what he asked for eh....after a few centuries of lynching the smart ones and breeding the strong ones for the cotton fields.

what did they expect on down the road... other than whitey would end being the black man's biatch on the testosterone totem pole. even jefferson and other slave owners couldn't force themselves on enough innocent black women to offset the trend.

mistakes made long ago so other could benefit financially... now you have to pay the price and watch tigers woods get all technical with tools.

cry me a river... whine all you want about stats... but you offer no solution.

geeze.... that sounds familiar.

Torque, you are a racist.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2007, 04:40:25 AM »
S-African guy once said:
"You can take de Kaffa from dee Bush, but you can not take de Bush from de Kaffa"

Was it your uncle Lazs :D?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)